What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sipili

So the other guy throws the first punch, Sip responds, and Sipili is the one that gets the assault charge. I hope this other douchebag gets the same.

I'm not saying what Sipili did was right, but if the other guy got off scott free, that's bull****.

So the other guy throws the first punch, Sip responds, and Sipili is the one that gets the assault charge. I hope this other douchebag gets the same.

I'm not saying what Sipili did was right, but if the other guy got off scott free, that's bull****.

He also continued down the road and got in another fight. So, when did his face get broken?

He also continued down the road and got in another fight. So, when did his face get broken?

so, you guys are both arguing facts... facts have little to do with sip's plea, i suspect. if he goes to trial, then the da will keep all the felony charges on the table and sip would face life-wrecking consequences, including jail and getting tossed out of CU. and, a trial date would not be set for several more months which would definitely cost sip the whole season.

getting it down to a misdemeanor allows sip to move on. he can accept the penalty and probably play this weekend or next. and he doesn't risk losing at trial and getting seriously ****ed. yes, there were a number of facts on his side, but at the end of the day, he is a big strong world class athlete and there is no telling how a jury would react to that. it doesn't matter what's right or wrong here--- prosecutors squeeze defendants all the time.

if all goes as anticipated now, sip will get out of this with probation and some hefty bills and a chance to continue to play football. i think he's probably lucky.

so, you guys are both arguing facts... facts have little to do with sip's plea, i suspect. if he goes to trial, then the da will keep all the felony charges on the table and sip would face life-wrecking consequences, including jail and getting tossed out of CU. and, a trial date would not be set for several more months which would definitely cost sip the whole season.

getting it down to a misdemeanor allows sip to move on. he can accept the penalty and probably play this weekend or next. and he doesn't risk losing at trial and getting seriously ****ed. yes, there were a number of facts on his side, but at the end of the day, he is a big strong world class athlete and there is no telling how a jury would react to that. it doesn't matter what's right or wrong here--- prosecutors squeeze defendants all the time.

if all goes as anticipated now, sip will get out of this with probation and some hefty bills and a chance to continue to play football. i think he's probably lucky.

I just wanna know if the other guy got a similar punishment, or is he considered a 'victim' because he got his ass beat after starting a fight with someone.

Sip did the crime, now he needs to pay the piper. But knowing Mary KKK...I mean Lacy, this dude probably got an award from the DA's office for bringing down one of 'those football players'.

Sipili out for 3 games. **** me. Sucks that he's out but I do like the message that the staff is sending. It's very similar to how the fuskers handle their off the field issues:huh:

Sipili out for 3 games. **** me. Sucks that he's out but I do like the message that the staff is sending. It's very similar to how the fuskers handle their off the field issues:huh:

I like the punishment as well. Hopefully he learned his lesson.

The part that bothers me is the bills part of this situation. The idiot starts a fight, gets his ass beat and then expects all of his bills to be paid. I am for reasonable punishment (including some payment) and can't claim to know all of the facts, but its **** like this that bothers me.

These days I swear that nobody takes responsibility for their own dumbass actions and are always looking for a handout to deal with the consequences of those actions.

The part that bothers me is the bills part of this situation. The idiot starts a fight, gets his ass beat and then expects all of his bills to be paid. I am for reasonable punishment (including some payment) and can't claim to know all of the facts, but its **** like this that bothers me.

These days I swear that nobody takes responsibility for their own dumbass actions and are always looking for a handout to deal with the consequences of those actions.

And add to the fact that the guy went on to get in another fight. So, if this had gone to trial, Sipili probably would have argued that the guy's injuries happened in the second fight. But maybe there were witnesses who would say the second one was only a shoving match.

At any rate, he got a fair resolution of the whole thing. These kids, especially CU football players, have to have it engrained to walk away.

What the other guy did is irrelevant, really. Sipili messed up by putting such a thrashing on the guy. Had he clocked his ass once and then walked off, I doubt it would've been this big an issue. Glad to see it's resolved and I like the 3-game suspension and hope it shows the rest of the team that Hawkins is serious about keeping your nose clean.

SUcks I wont get to see him lay the wood on some FSU ****ers, but I am glad he is back for a game we should win and for the Big-12 schedule

What the other guy did is irrelevant, really.
Yeah, you're right. And it has nothing to do with Sipili, but I'd really love to know what punishment the other dude got, if any. Knowing the lovely Boulder DA, he got off scott-free and that really pisses me off. Everything that woman does pisses me off. I hate it when she breathes. I wish she'd quit doing that...:wink2:

Sipili messed up by putting such a thrashing on the guy. Had he clocked his ass once and then walked off, I doubt it would've been this big an issue. Glad to see it's resolved and I like the 3-game suspension and hope it shows the rest of the team that Hawkins is serious about keeping your nose clean.
I agree 100% on that.

I just wanna know if the other guy got a similar punishment, or is he considered a 'victim' because he got his ass beat after starting a fight with someone.

Sip did the crime, now he needs to pay the piper. But knowing Mary KKK...I mean Lacy, this dude probably got an award from the DA's office for bringing down one of 'those football players'.

I have not seen this officially anywhere, but heard on Saturday that the guy who started the fight got off scott-free. Not only did he not have any charges filed, but Sipili has to pay his medical expenses.

So the moral of the story is, if you're gonna get in a fight in Boulder, make sure you start one with a CU football player, and then get your ass kicked. The DA's office will turn you into a poor victim to further their anti-football agenda...:sad2:

Well, just like on the football field it's almost ALWAYS the guy who retaliates who gets in trouble. And I wouldn't say the 'voctim' got off scott-free: he did get his face broken in multiple places. :smile2:

I am sure there are the dudes that think its cool to pick on football players. I think the program and the NCAA orients them to beware of "tough guys" and groupy chicks. But even older adults fall prey to such temptations. Paying this guys medical bills may be impossible if he had to get his grill rebuilt. That could be > $50k all together. I agree it seems a football player stands no chance in the courts of the Peoples Republic. Most would advise (as we learned in junior high) don't start something you can't finish.

Back