What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ski this season

yes, hope someone does this -- props for the graphic and the local interest tie in.

It will be :) Assuming I don't hit the snooze alarm 22 times when it goes off at 5:00 am, then 5:09 am, then 5:18 am....

Although it's just one comparison, Ski v Jahii - think about how much more versatile Ski is. He has multiple ways of getting to the basket, can pull up and he finds open teammates at key times. When Jahii wasn't able to go to his right to get to the basket he wasn't effective in attacking.

I've been a Ski fan from the beginning and have never lost faith. Last night things weren't going well early on but he didn't get down and let it impact his game or his teammates. He's matured for sure.

The mistake VT took in firing Greenberg was not in the dismissal itself, but in the timing of it and the selection of his replacement. I don't know ASU, but doubt any Pac-12 AD could f**k it up as bad as Weaver (VT's AD) did. Tech fired Greenberg in late April -- after all the 'mainstream' coaching changes and after the start of the late signing period! Under Greenberg, VT was leading the ACC in player transfers and assistant coach attrition. Also, Seth was widely rumored to be a divisive force in the athletic department (i.e. he wasn't paying enough homage at the Beamer alter). Didn't like the hire of JJ -- dude left VT for the same position with the same salary at Clemson, Weaver asks "why?", JJ says "Greenberg's an ass, he's running off players", Weaver fires Greenberg and hires JJ.

I liked Seth, and wasn't happy about his termination. I also wasn't happy about the number player transfers and understand that as a fan, I don't know everything going on. I do know that firing him so late after the end of the season was a huge mistake. Hiring the guy who got him fired probably compounded it. Following the coaching change, came the (not unexpected) mass exodus of players who wanted to get the hell out of a football school (including our first ever 5*) -- dooming VT hoops for at least 2 years, probably much more.
Timing was definitely off, but I recall Weaver made this move in reaction to the assistant coaching defections. Like you said with Johnson, taking the same position for the same salary. I recall Weaver saying, he'd understand if the asst coaches went for an upgrade.

The way Ski sets up teammates is amazing....a lot might disagree but I think he does it better than Spencer did.

I hope he keeps on his current growth and gives us a show for the rest of this season and all of next year.

The way Ski sets up teammates is amazing....a lot might disagree but I think he does it better than Spencer did.

I hope he keeps on his current growth and gives us a show for the rest of this season and all of next year.

Before Spencer's injury, it was debatable who was actually our PG. Now there's no question its Ski, and he seems to be working harder to try to create for his teammates. That pass for the layin to Thomas was a play he simply didn't make the last few years.

If Spence does come back next year, I do wonder if we keep him at SG, and let Ski keep doing this.

Good problem to have.

If we free up Spencer to be a scorer more than a floor general... look out. If he were to return, we have lots of things to be happy about.

This in buffzone this morning:

During Wednesday's postgame press conference, Xavier Talton was asked a question about Arizona State point guard Jahii Carson. The reporter mentioned that Boyle has called Carson the fastest point guard in the country.

Sitting next to Talton, Booker furled his eyebrows when he heard that. Booker has often said he believes he's the fastest point guard in the country.
"(Carson) is very good, he's very crafty with the ball, but going straight down hill, I'm the fastest guard," Booker said with a smile.

I thought they were similar speed, but very different styles. Ski seems to have a much better awareness of where his teammates are and how to use that effectively.

I think Carson is quicker and has better body control. But ski is so nasty off the dribble.

TOTALLY love this! Make it happen for Game Day!

I think somebody needs to make a sign with the simple phrase "Ski Country USA" on it, since that already is a slogan for Colorado's ski industry. Would definitely get some run on TV.

Back