What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

So let me get this straight, because of the conference dominoes that Colorado started

I don't see how this is much of a positive for CSU. Their conference is certainly no better off with Fresno and Nevada, even if BYU stays. Picking up a bunch of no-name schools means nothing. And they're worse off if BYU still ends up leaving IMO

I don't see how this is much of a positive for CSU. Their conference is certainly no better off with Fresno and Nevada, even if BYU stays. Picking up a bunch of no-name schools means nothing. And they're worse off if BYU still ends up leaving IMO

It strengthens the middle of the MWC and adds natural rivalries with SDSU and UNLV. If BYU remains the conference is actually stronger from top to bottom I think. You are correct though - if BYU bolts that would hurt, but not kill the conference. Today was about survival for the MWC - nothing more.

I don't see huge media markets for either Fresno or Nevada... but I do see 2 more schools who get divided into the revenue distribution. Break-even to slight gain if BYU stays. Moderate loss if they leave.

Back