What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

So, where does he go?

Manu Ginobili, Lance Stephenson, Marc Gasol, DeAndre Jordan, Paul Millsap, Chandler Parsons, Monta Ellis, Isaiah Thomas, Goran Dragic, Amir Johnson, Nikola Pekovic, Anderson Varejao, Rashard Lewis, Stephen Jackson, Michael Redd, Carlos Boozer and Gilbert Arenas.

So there are some, but the odds are greatly stacked against him. Hopefully he's an exception to the rule

So there are some, but the odds are greatly stacked against him. Hopefully he's an exception to the rule

Not necessarily, a healthy Spencer would have been a 1st round pick. Based on his press conference the big question teams have is his knee and not his actual abilities.

Not necessarily, a healthy Spencer would have been a 1st round pick. Based on his press conference the big question teams have is his knee and not his actual abilities.

Yup. He can prove his knee is recovering (and it sounds like he's ahead of schedule) then some team is going to get a borderline lottery talent in the late 1st/2nd round.

Harrison twins staying just like I expected. After Tyler Ennis, there's a drop off in PGs. Spencer's chances of going late 1st just got a whole lot better

DraftExpress has Dinwiddie going to the Wizards at pick #46

NBAdraftroom has Dinwiddie going to the Nuggets at pick #54

Last edited:
Chad Ford, who is the only draft guy I trust, has him at 42

Spencer told Dave and Dave that he got 1st round grades from many scouts....with the injury being the question mark on those reports.....sorry if this is repeat of presser...I didn't get to catch it

Hearing Chad Ford just moved Spencer up to #37 per Andy Glockner. Ford has Zach Lavine at #14 and Elfrid Payton at #19 with his 25% 3's & 60% FT shooting? Head shakers. Spencer has 3 inches, 40-50 lbs, and vastly superior shooting numbers on Payton.

Yup. He can prove his knee is recovering (and it sounds like he's ahead of schedule) then some team is going to get a borderline lottery talent in the late 1st/2nd round.
Yeah, some team is going to be very happy with their pick and a lot are going to regret it.

Wrong move

If Spencer was drafted next year at #10, he would get a 2 yr contract worth almost $4 million guaranteed. A 2nd round pick is worth $1 million. This cost Spence $3 million if he had a good year.
I believe a bad move on his part, but time will tell.........

If Spencer was drafted next year at #10, he would get a 2 yr contract worth almost $4 million guaranteed. A 2nd round pick is worth $1 million. This cost Spence $3 million if he had a good year.

Key word

I actually thought the better business decision would have been for Spencer to stay.

But as with Dre, we're just spewing hot air until we see where he's actually drafted. And even then, we can't know how things would change after another college year that won't ever be real.

So no matter our opinions, all we can really do is wish him the best and root for him to get drafted where he'll be in a good situation, get paid well, and go on to have a great pro career.

Protects him from the worst case scenario....coming back to college and re-injuring knee or injuring the other knee which happens a lot

Now, the NBA team that drafts him will pay for the rest of his rehab

Albeit this could've been an outcome I don't believe the money issue is what motivated Spencer's decision so much. The opportunity to take the shot to fulfill the dream was greater. I'm just like everyone else sad to see him go he was a joy to watch. He plays the game for the love of it not flashy or self gratifying...seldom seen traits these days. Success or failure doesn't matter...seize the opportunity few get and in the end...he can live with himself and have no regrets....I'd make the same decision in a heartbeat.

Protects him from the worst case scenario....coming back to college and re-injuring knee or injuring the other knee which happens a lot

Now, the NBA team that drafts him will pay for the rest of his rehab

It happens a lot? I have a hard time believing that.

Back