What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spoke with someone who knows a lot of the team yesterday...

Man that's bogus...the more I read about this crap, the more it is very apparent the guy is an egomaniac...he thinks he's all cool and can make up words and be all philosophical, but the bottom line is it's all a facade to cover the fact that he doesn't know **** about football

he definately duped me...as I still have a difficult time getting past him as a person...cuz half of me still likes the guy and really wants him to succeed, but the smarter half knows that this is outside the realm of possibility

That really bothers me, too. It's not a good personality trait and it really rubs the players the wrong way, I'd bet, after all the madness so far this year.

That really bothers me, too. It's not a good personality trait and it really rubs the players the wrong way, I'd bet, after all the madness so far this year.

Holy ****!!!!!!!!!!!!! Somebody secretly down here in the land of clay wearing gold and black?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Welcome, bro. We are definitely outnumbered.

Back to topic......wow, I'm away for about ten days and this board absolutely explodes.

All - this year is eerily similar to the 2000 team. Then, 2001, was magical. I definitely don't want to see another 3 win season, but everything is set up for the year following. Just saying......

All - this year is eerily similar to the 2000 team. Then, 2001, was magical. I definitely don't want to see another 3 win season, but everything is set up for the year following. Just saying......

Yeah, yeah, yeah...I heard so many fans saying THIS year was set up to be like our 2001 season.

Just saying....

We had more talent and better coaching in 2001.

Holy ****!!!!!!!!!!!!! Somebody secretly down here in the land of clay wearing gold and black?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Welcome, bro. We are definitely outnumbered.

Back to topic......wow, I'm away for about ten days and this board absolutely explodes.

Makes 3 of us----representin' the 4---0----5:huh:

While you're patience is admirable, to me these analogies to 2000 and the bad Mac teams fall flat, upon closer inspection.

While those teams weren't getting desired results in terms of wins, there were actual reasons to be hopeful. Teams were tough, physical and competitive, they just hadn't quite turned the corner yet. I believe something like 6 of the 8 losses in 2000 were by a touchdown or less. That team went to USC and lost 17-14. Mac's 85 team went to Ohio State and lost 13-10.

This team went to Toledo and was down 30 late in the game. This team is just plain bad. I don't expect to be on par with Texas and OU after 4 years, but why are we loosing to mediocre teams with 1st and 2nd year head coaches?? CSU straight up called our guys pussies after the game. FFS man, what more proof do you need!?!?! :huh:

As fans go, I think I'm one of the more patient ones, but I'm done with his crap. I was willing to look past his first year because any coach needs time to get his system and his players in place. I was even ready to forgive another season of mediocrity this year if we could at least get a Top 25 recruiting class, but that's looking highly unlikely now. I just see no reason to be optimistic, no reason at all.......

I hated my footbally coach's from 6th grade thru all of college.

That being said, I dont think Hawks the answer. At all. Hope Im wrong.

Shhhh... try not to wake the redneck Sooner fans from their moonshine-induced slumber. lol.

Yup, I guess that makes three. Kinda lonely down here, huh?

All - this year is eerily similar to the 2000 team.

I'm going to respectfully disagree with that. the 00 team lost to CSU (by 4), USC on the road by 3 and UW by 3 who were both ranked and a top 5 team in KSU that worked the Buffs in Boulder for the 0-4 start. Barney also had the good sense to put superfrosh Marcus Houston on the field and give him the ball....and was the real deal until he got hurt. Ochs also makes his debut against KSU.

3 of 4 losses to ranked teams and 2 of them decided by FG's.

we've been basically handled at home by a lesser CSU team than Sonny's turn of the century squads and prison sexed by a MAC school. i just don't like that comparison. but, if next year is like 01 I'm all in.

Last edited:

I'll probably be joining you boys within the next 6-9 months. Just keep Stoops and Gundy away from my sons!

Lets face it. Team has talent but coaching is non-existent and/or inexplicable. This is a colossal and ongoing goat f*** that will only get worse from here on out. This will be my last post on the subject as I am too disappointed, angry, sad, confused to think about it anymore. GO BUFFS, over and out. :bang:

I'll probably be joining you boys within the next 6-9 months. Just keep Stoops and Gundy away from my sons!

4 is a regular ****in watch party...lets make that happen. As for Stoops and Gundy...your boys will see through their fans **** and they'll never have a chance. :thumbsup: I grew up here before going to Colorado for college and orange, and particularly crimson, make me vomit.

I may be joining you guys in 2 yrs. I lived there from 97-2000, of course it was fun watching CU beat OU then.

Back