What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring Practices Thread-2023

Seems likely Prime will change dates of Spring practice so they don’t get interrupted by Spring Break.

Do athletes have access to the facilities during Spring Break, or are they compelled to do their work elsewhere? I'm guessing that it is the latter, as the former could lead to situations like "voluntary" work being expected during an official break. I'm just wondering if it is a rule.

Do athletes have access to the facilities during Spring Break, or are they compelled to do their work elsewhere? I'm guessing that it is the latter, as the former could lead to situations like "voluntary" work being expected during an official break. I'm just wondering if it is a rule.
Athletes get access to the facilities. To your point, the BB players are strongly encouraged to voluntarily lift weights and work on shooting + other aspects of their game outside of the team hours counted by the NCAA. If any team in any sport has players who are only studying film, working out and developing skills within the proscribed hours by the NCAA, that team is going to be at a huge competitive disadvantage and will suck.

Athletes get access to the facilities. To your point, the BB players are strongly encouraged to voluntarily lift weights and work on shooting + other aspects of their game outside of the team hours counted by the NCAA. If any team in any sport has players who are only studying film, working out and developing skills within the proscribed hours by the NCAA, that team is going to be at a huge competitive disadvantage and will suck.
I get that. I was just wondering specifically about Spring Break. When Coach Prime addressed the team on Friday, he mentioned that they all needed to "show their work" while on break. It just seems to me that if athletes had access to the facilities during spring break, many coaches would basically just turn that week into a de facto required workout period.

In other words, the on site activities that we have been watching over the last few months seem to be out of bounds for this week. I was just wondering if that was based on an NCAA rule.

I get that. I was just wondering specifically about Spring Break. When Coach Prime addressed the team on Friday, he mentioned that they all needed to "show their work" while on break. It just seems to me that if athletes had access to the facilities during spring break, many coaches would basically just turn that week into a de facto required workout period.

In other words, the on site activities that we have been watching over the last few months seem to be out of bounds for this week. I was just wondering if that was based on an NCAA rule.
It would need to be player-led workouts and practices like we see in the summer.

Player-led stuff like we've seen before Spring Ball. I imagine most players are hanging around Boulder and working out at the facility. I think I saw something where Shedeur has an endorsement event in Nashville sometime this week. Prime's instagram has him elsewhere. Pretty sure there's no real expectation of guys being at the facility if they have plans, but there is obviously the expectation that they get their lifting and running in. I highly doubt any of them are going to Mexico or wherever.

Players have access to the facility during spring break

Player-led stuff like we've seen before Spring Ball. I imagine most players are hanging around Boulder and working out at the facility. I think I saw something where Shedeur has an endorsement event in Nashville sometime this week. Prime's instagram has him elsewhere. Pretty sure there's no real expectation of guys being at the facility if they have plans, but there is obviously the expectation that they get their lifting and running in. I highly doubt any of them are going to Mexico or wherever.
Yikes

Yes. Plus the staff is requiring they workout at least 3x over the break and provide video proof to their position/S&C coach.

Nick Young Wtf GIF

It would need to be player-led workouts and practices like we see in the summer.
Correct.

Not allowed to have any members of the coaching staff present nor can they film the workouts (other than short media clips.) The only staff members allowed to be there are athletic trainers who cannot guide or lead activities, only there to deal with potential injuries, etc.

That said my understanding is that it is common for team captains/leaders to have a script or agenda that they prepared with the coaches prior to the start of the no contact period that they use in the team workouts.

I said I saw something about Shedeur having an engagement in Nashville this week. The shooting happened in Nashville. I may have been mistaken
Weird to drop that into this convo with zero connection or context, though. Give us a brief caption at least.

I said I saw something about Shedeur having an engagement in Nashville this week. The shooting happened in Nashville. I may have been mistaken
You’re correct. I commented “yikes” to the being in Nashville this week. Someone questioned “why yikes?”

Last edited:
Back