What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Staff recruiting ability discussion (split from recruit thread)

I think it is slightly obnoxious and presumptuous you seem to know what we intend the recruiting forum to be.

Don't kid yourself, recruiting is no worse than it has been for a long time. It needs to get better no doubt, but sure seems like we really have a HC who has a well thought out plan and one who has executed that plan to success.

Wait and see? Absolutely. Piss, whine and play contrarian right now? If one must, personally was hoping we could get some myopic happiness for more than a year. Our fan base deserves it.

From phone

I find it obnoxious that you can't grasp, or simply ignore what people are actually saying because this...

And I also find it ridiculous to belittle HCMM b/c he coached in the WAC before.

...never happened. What I've heard are people saying that HCMM hasn't proved an ability YET to win recruiting battles in the PAC 12 which is absolutely true. It doesn't mean he can't or won't, it means he hasn't. Belittling??? No.

I find it obnoxious that you can't grasp, or simply ignore what people are actually saying because this...

...never happened. What I've heard are people saying that HCMM hasn't proved an ability YET to win recruiting battles in the PAC 12 which is absolutely true. It doesn't mean he can't or won't, it means he hasn't. Belittling??? No.
I am talking about Fatty here. Did you not read his earlier comments in this thread? He disrespected his accomplishments b/c it was in the WAC and put him on par with what Halk did at BSU. Give me a break. One program was on the chopping block while the other was riding a high from the last coach. Furthermore, as we all realized in hindsight, the only brilliant thing Halk did at BSU was hire CP, who turned out to be the bright one.

I put some of my qualifications out there. What are yours? My family was putting on sports and football camps in the 70's when I was a toddler through jr high, I learned a thing or two in addition to learning from some good coaches at CU. Your qualifications for your opinion seems to be that you have a Rivals account. Most of these new guys didn't get to see your introduction to the board, and don't realize what a bitch you really are. They will eventually. If anybody besides FlaBuff has that sweatshirt Ill give them $100.
You put your qualifications in the form of posting a sweatshirt to start, quit pretending you started this whole thing out by actually outlining your "qualifications", which I never said you didn't have any, nor did I say you didn't know jack ****, just that posting a sweatshirt from the 90's and because you played doesn't mean you are so much more knowledgeable than most on here.

Mine...
-Dad working camps when I was younger and picking up from there
-I watch a lot of college football
-I pay close attention to college football
-I attempt to educate myself through the use of statistics, articles, and comparing what MacIntyre is doing so far with other coaches who were in similar situations when they first came to their school (i.e. Art Briles)

I do have to ask one thing though.....how does it feel knowing that a 21 year old is taking the high road here while the adult is going around and getting upset and calling the 21 year old a bitch and attempting to make things much more personal than they need to be? If I was bothered being called short (ignoring the fact that 69.5" is average and that's how tall I am) then I probably wouldn't have made it this far in my life.

Last edited:
fc7be4ee1b8619de11b6e26b43b239170a7bacee7343a0634ec1451c7ceac1d2.jpg

I was not for hiring Embree, I thought it was a money saving move above all else, and at a terrible time to try out an unknown. I thought he had a 50/50 chance of being successful as a HC at CU. I think MMac is a decent coach, maybe a good coach, but the jury is still out. I get irritated when people act like he has performed miracles at CU because we beat teams that we should, and Gilliam turned out to be a good player. I don't think he has done enough to overlook recruiting, and like it or not recruiting is the most important job of an HC in college. Its still early in his tenure, lets wait a bit before proclaiming this thing turned around. I guess some dumbasses assume if you point out weakness' you are attacking the coach and program, or don't like anything about the coach. So be it.

That is a quality post and I agree with all he is saying. Time will tell on MM. I think he has a great start but recruiting has to be better. I think it will improve but we will see over this cycle.

I am talking about Fatty here. Did you not read his earlier comments in this thread? He disrespected his accomplishments b/c it was in the WAC and put him on par with what Halk did at BSU. Give me a break. One program was on the chopping block while the other was riding a high from the last coach. Furthermore, as we all realized in hindsight, the only brilliant thing Halk did at BSU was hire CP, who turned out to be the bright one.

We can all recognize that no situation is identical so comparing coaches always has to be qualified somehow. I'm not saying HCMM is Hawk part 2 (I seriously hope he's not, and doubt he is), but hindsight is 20/20 - 14 months into Hawk's tenure we all loved him too.

I don't want to speak for all the "half-full" or sunshine pumpers as some of us are referred to, so I will just speak for myself. I have never claimed nor thought HCMM walks on water. I think he is a very good coach with some damn good mentors. I think he is going to turn this ship around. I think he has done a good job since arriving at CU, starting to instill a winning mindset, making us more competitive, building relationships with HS coaches, and gradually building up the recruiting efforts.

I was less than thrilled that he brought his whole staff over from SJSU as I thought our budget allowed us to go after some bigger fish who were more experienced recruiters and maybe better coaches too. But I am starting to see the value in what he did in that it allowed him to advance his program much faster b/c of the alignment of philosophies from day one.

I think he made a fantastic hire with Walters and not so excited about Neinas. I would like to see the recruiting pick up and be better than it has but he was not a star coach who could automatically come in and attract top talent given the lack of facilities and the losing culture and recent history. Even moreso as I mentioned in another thread, I think they were behind the 8 ball on top talent the 1st few classes b/c the top blue chip guys start getting recruited early and HCMM&Co being at SJSU before could not have had that caliber talent in their pipeline for future classes. That should change for 2015.

Finally, I find it absolutely obnoxious, annoying and counter-productive to avoid tangible evidence of improvement and sweep it under the rug. I find it obnoxious when people open criticize recruits or our recruiting efforts in recruits threads. If you guys think this is just a fan site and noone else, including recruits and their families come to this site, than you are mistaken. And I also find it ridiculous to belittle HCMM b/c he coached in the WAC before. He did pull out a near miracle at SJSU taking a program from near extinction to a top 20 team in 3 years.

:iagree:

Feeling underappreciated? You sharted a ****-storm of off-season navel-gazing futility!

Yeah! I am here to help. :smile2:

In all honesty, it was just a statement of frustration more than a knock on the staff on my part. I wish these instate kids would get their heads screwed on right and not go to ****braska and choose the Buffs. Just frustration. Thats all.

Yeah! I am here to help. :smile2:

In all honesty, it was just a statement of frustration more than a knock on the staff on my part. I wish these instate kids would get their heads screwed on right and not go to ****braska and choose the Buffs. Just frustration. Thats all.
I agree - losing some of our best in-state talent to the nubs sucks. The "how" only makes it worse, but there doesn't seem to be much coach MacIntyre can do about some of that. Hoping for steady improvement.

The only kid we have lost to kNU so far is Eric Lee Jr. And as we have gone over many times, that kid was born and bred red. He was a fusker lock at birth. Avery Anderson did not have a CU offer. Staff likes him, but had not offered yet. (tweener)

The only kid we have lost to kNU so far is Eric Lee Jr. And as we have gone over many times, that kid was born and bred red. He was a fusker lock at birth. Avery Anderson did not have a CU offer. Staff likes him, but had not offered yet. (tweener)

Does not make me feel any better. Just the way it is.

Does not make me feel any better. Just the way it is.
SD is right on this one. A player who was born to be a Nub is going to be a Nub. Nothing CU could have done about it. Now if Conway and other's follow suit then we have issues. This is nothing at this point.

SD is right on this one. A player who was born to be a Nub is going to be a Nub. Nothing CU could have done about it. Now if Conway and other's follow suit then we have issues. This is nothing at this point.

I understand reality. I still don't like it. :smile2:

I never disrespected ****. Its much easier to turn a WAC team around than a PAC 12 team. Agreed?

You put your qualifications in the form of posting a sweatshirt to start, quit pretending you started this whole thing out by actually outlining your "qualifications", which I never said you didn't have any, nor did I say you didn't know jack ****, just that posting a sweatshirt from the 90's and because you played doesn't mean you are so much more knowledgeable than most on here.

Mine...
-Dad working camps when I was younger and picking up from there
-I watch a lot of college football
-I pay close attention to college football
-I attempt to educate myself through the use of statistics, articles, and comparing what MacIntyre is doing so far with other coaches who were in similar situations when they first came to their school (i.e. Art Briles)

I do have to ask one thing though.....how does it feel knowing that a 21 year old is taking the high road here while the adult is going around and getting upset and calling the 21 year old a bitch and attempting to make things much more personal than they need to be? If I was bothered being called short (ignoring the fact that 69.5" is average and that's how tall I am) then I probably wouldn't have made it this far in my life.

I don't think this means what you think it does. The issue started when you told me that I don't know **** about recruiting. I showed you a Colorado Football Recruiting sweatshirt from my days as a GA, as Im sure you wouldn't accept my word. You took it from there, saying everybody has old CU sweatshirts. Have you seen Days of Thunder? The guy asks Cole what his qualifications are for NASCAR and he says he watches a lot of it on TV. Im not busting balls here, but what do you mean by "making it this far in my life"? Am I missing something? Arent you a college student that plans to move in with his parents after college?

I never disrespected ****. Its much easier to turn a WAC team around than a PAC 12 team. Agreed?
I might be inclined to agree with that statement. But that was not my dispute with you. Previously you claimed there was no difference between what Halk did at BSU and what HCMM did at SJSU. I am 100% in disagreement with that opinion.

I don't think this means what you think it does. The issue started when you told me that I don't know **** about recruiting. I showed you a Colorado Football Recruiting sweatshirt from my days as a GA, as Im sure you wouldn't accept my word. You took it from there, saying everybody has old CU sweatshirts. Have you seen Days of Thunder? The guy asks Cole what his qualifications are for NASCAR and he says he watches a lot of it on TV. Im not busting balls here, but what do you mean by "making it this far in my life"? Am I missing something? Arent you a college student that plans to move in with his parents after college?
I did not say you don't know **** about recruiting, I said you were acting like the situations were similar between Boise and SJSU and that you were not looking at the entire situation. If you find a statement, from me, that says I said you don't know **** I will take it all back. You posted a picture of a old CU sweatshirt, I don't recall it having anything involving recruiting on it, I recall there being a CU logo on the right side and football underneath the logo.

As for my "make it this far..." comment, it was a way of saying I've been short my whole life (average = short now but whatever) and have been called short my whole life, it I was bothered by it then I'd probably be dead. Obviously I'm not being serious, but it was a extreme case to show that I do not give a **** about being called short, when I get called short you might as well just be calling me white. Yes I plan on moving home...for six months. Big whoop. I guess the only way to live post-college is to graduate, move into some **** apartment while you pay off your student debts and let the debt pile up. Or I could live at home for six months, save a **** ton of money, have my loans paid off, and enter the world with exactly zero debt and a very solid financial base. How incredibly dumb :rolling_eyes:

tini's pure entertainment, fatbuff a voice of experience I'd listen to; don't know why boyd is here if it's not to critique recruits, wouldn't that be the purpose of a recruiting forum?

tini's pure entertainment, fatbuff a voice of experience I'd listen to; don't know why boyd is here if it's not to critique recruits, wouldn't that be the purpose of a recruiting forum?

Yeah fatbuff is just owning me here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why don't y'all call each other or maybe give each other makeup reach arounds, yeah? My brain cells are limited and you are wasting them.

Avery Anderson did not have a CU offer. Staff likes him, but had not offered yet. (tweener)

So we're taking the Dalton Risner approach?...Wait until a bunch of other schools have offered and he's committed elsewhere, then offer ourselves, all the while claiming what a huge priority in-state recruiting is.

So we're taking the Dalton Risner approach?...Wait until a bunch of other schools have offered and he's committed elsewhere, then offer ourselves, all the while claiming what a huge priority in-state recruiting is.

No.

Back