What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Will Phillip Lindsay rush for 100+ yards vs. Stanford

• Yes

Votes: 39 56.5%
  • No

Votes: 30 43.5%

• Total voters
Strongly disagree since they recruit nationally and the type of kid that gets an offer (that is still commitable come Feb 1) is often times going to go there.

Having USC be weak and UCLA being their normal Mediocre is what we should be hoping for. Ask BillyMac.
This is the correct answer.

Best thing that could happen to the Pac-12 is for Stanford to become a bottom feeder again. It's the equivalent of Vanderbilt, Boston College, Wake Forest, Northwestern or Kansas leading their respective conferences.

Not really. Those other programs are far worse historically.

I'm not really talking about from CU's perspective, just for the strength of the conference as a whole. You want your big time programs to be successful, that is why the Big-10 is doing so well this year. Having Michigan and Ohio State playing well is good for college football. The Pac-12 has distribution/demand issues with the conference network so having the smallest/worst fan base dominate football for 10 years is a bad thing. This conference needs USC, Washington, Oregon and Colorado to be at the top every year.
I see your point.

Stanford is 91st in rushing offense and 101st in sacks allowed. I'm not sure how we lose this game unless we commit a bunch of turnovers or have a special teams nightmare.

I would count on McCaffrey playing.

Looking at the schedule up ahead, I'm sure they're thinking that if they can win this game, they'll still be in line for 10 wins and a major bowl.

I'm not really talking about from CU's perspective, just for the strength of the conference as a whole. You want your big time programs to be successful, that is why the Big-10 is doing so well this year. Having Michigan and Ohio State playing well is good for college football. The Pac-12 has distribution/demand issues with the conference network so having the smallest/worst fan base dominate football for 10 years is a bad thing. This conference needs USC, Washington, Oregon and Colorado to be at the top every year.
You picked good schools to highlight. I think UW and Oregon are the most notable programs in the north with the widest and fan bases. The south, obviously needs CU to succeed and while Utah has a rabid fan base, they're small. USC is the most logical team that needs to be a national power year in year out bc of the Rose Bowl and the program tradition but selfishly for the Buffs, I would like both USC and UCLA to be dismal for the forseeable future. The Arizona schools can go f*** themselves.

You picked good schools to highlight. I think UW and Oregon are the most notable programs in the north with the widest and fan bases. The south, obviously needs CU to succeed and while Utah has a rabid fan base, they're small. USC is the most logical team that needs to be a national power year in year out bc of the Rose Bowl and the program tradition but selfishly for the Buffs, I would like both USC and UCLA to be dismal for the forseeable future. The Arizona schools can go f*** themselves.
Yeah I think Utah can have a big impact because they are not an NFL city so despite a smaller market than Denver and Pheonix, they can still bring ratings. The thing about USC is they are the only West Coast school that gets past the East Coast bias of the media and get national recognition so you really want that program to be good so when we beat them it makes noise. I agree that the Arizona schools can go **** themselves but we probably don't want ASU to be tooo bad, probably a fringe bowl team every year considering their market size and alumni base despite them being very fair weather.

Stanford is 91st in rushing offense and 101st in sacks allowed. I'm not sure how we lose this game unless we commit a bunch of turnovers or have a special teams nightmare.
Damn. That's incredible.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that we should win this game easily. Or even win it, period. Stanford has been a juggernaut for as long as we have been in this conference. And while I've seen first hand how good CU is, I sometimes wonder if this is all a dream and we are getting ready to crash.
Saturday is going to tell us a lot about this team, I think.

Damn. That's incredible.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that we should win this game easily. Or even win it, period. Stanford has been a juggernaut for as long as we have been in this conference. And while I've seen first hand how good CU is, I sometimes wonder if this is all a dream and we are getting ready to crash.
Saturday is going to tell us a lot about this team, I think.

This happened quite a few times in the Washington game and it surprised me to see it happen, no matter how good Washington is.

This is not my personal preference or anything, obviously If I had my pick USC would lose every game they play, it is just about what is best for the Pac-12 conference and having the most disengaged fanbase in the conference as the most dominant team is not a good thing.

You're talking about a TV revenue thing. The ONLY thing that matters to me is to see CU keep getting better. An ailing USC, UCLA and ASU is good for us in every way but perhaps TV revenue. We make up any shortfall there by winning games and filling stands. Stanford? They have never been our competition for recruits and never will be.

Stanford has, historically, been a bottom feeder, arguably. A carp in a lake full of trout. A maggot in a dead animal's rotting carcass. Harbaugh got it turned, but it's time for the natural order to be restored.

Last edited:
You're talking about a TV revenue thing. The ONLY thing that matters to me is to see CU keep getting better. An ailing USC, UCLA and ASU is good for us in every way but perhaps TV revenue. We make up any shortfall there by winning games and filling stands. Stanford? They have never been our competition for recruits and never will be.
Exactly, not what is good for Colorado, I am talking about the strength of the conference as a whole not just tv revenue, and I would actually argue that a good USC is good for Colorado too as I explained above. We want to beat a good USC team just like beating Nebraska in 2001 was that much sweeter than beating them in 2004. And no increasing ticket sales will not make up for the exposure that conference will gain through the Pac-12 network getting on DirecTV or even ratings going up through our traditional TV deal.

Stanford has, historically, been a bottom feeder, arguably. A carp in a lake full of trout. A maggot in a dead animal's rotting carcass. Harbaugh got it turned, but it's time for the natural order to be restored.
Very colorful Dbt.

# (including all divisions)/wins/losses/ties/percentage/total games played
35Colorado68949136.5811216
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
64 (T)Stanford62844849.5801125
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
CU has a .001% advantage in wins over Stanford in almost 100 more games.
Vanderbilt, Boston College, Wake Forest, Northwestern or Kansas didn't qualify for the list because they have less than 600 wins.

# (including all divisions)/wins/losses/ties/percentage/total games played
35Colorado68949136.5811216
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
64 (T)Stanford62844849.5801125
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
CU has a .001% advantage in wins over Stanford in almost 100 more games.
Vanderbilt, Boston College, Wake Forest, Northwestern or Kansas didn't qualify for the list because they have less than 600 wins.
My comment was about Stanford. Not the Buffs. Kidding aside, it's tough for Stanford. They do have pretty tough academic admission standards. I've always felt like Colorado, with proper leadership, can be a very strong program year in and year out.

My comment was about Stanford. Not the Buffs. Kidding aside, it's tough for Stanford. They do have pretty tough academic admission standards. I've always felt like Colorado, with proper leadership, can be a very strong program year in and year out.
My comment was that they are pretty damn close to the Buffs in their performance over the history of their program.

Minus a ton of hardware.
??? What hardware? The ones that Stanford crushes us in? I only bring this up because it drives me crazy when people say the same thing about CU...that it's a bottom feeder football program with no history and no "hardware". Hell, CU has an award named after a Stanford coach for ****'s sake.

CU STANFORD
First Year of Play 1890 1891
National Titles 1 2
Heisman Winners 1 1
Bowl Record 12-16 13-13-1
All Americans 30 34
Conference Titles 24 15
Division Titles 4 3
Major Player Awards 9 17
College Hall of Fame 7 23

Awards:
CU