What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Stefanou named semi finalist for Groza Award

I think he should try, but I'm not sure he's got the leg strength to be a sure thing.

The fact that we have Price taking kickoffs makes me worry about Stefanou's ability to put the kickoffs in the end zone consistently, which is going to be a major handicap. On the other hand, if he can consistently make FGs from 52 yards in, and he can at least put kickoffs inside the 5 consistently, he's probably got a real shot.

Either way, I highly doubt he's kicking for us next year, which definitely sucks. It would be nice to have him as a weapon for longer. Can't get past the fact that he's probably already older than most kickers in the league, even if kickers have a much longer lifespan in the pros than anyone else.

I think he should try, but I'm not sure he's got the leg strength to be a sure thing.

The fact that we have Price taking kickoffs makes me worry about Stefanou's ability to put the kickoffs in the end zone consistently, which is going to be a major handicap. On the other hand, if he can consistently make FGs from 52 yards in, and he can at least put kickoffs inside the 5 consistently, he's probably got a real shot.

Either way, I highly doubt he's kicking for us next year, which definitely sucks. It would be nice to have him as a weapon for longer. Can't get past the fact that he's probably already older than most kickers in the league, even if kickers have a much longer lifespan in the pros than anyone else.
Him not doing kickoffs has nothing to do with his leg strength. It is a coaching/program philosophy. About saving the kicker’s leg while keeping a backup involved & engaged in case he is needed. We started last season with our strongest legged kicker since Crosby and he didn’t kick off.

Him not doing kickoffs has nothing to do with his leg strength. It is a coaching/program philosophy. About saving the kicker’s leg while keeping a backup involved & engaged in case he is needed. We started last season with our strongest legged kicker since Crosby and he didn’t kick off.

Fair enough.

It’s a ridiculous philosophy and waste of a scholarship

It’s a ridiculous philosophy and waste of a scholarship
The scholarship is wasted on Graham this season. Not sure why he is here as a 5th year guy who doesn't kick. Price is doing kickoffs (walk-on) and I think he's done a good job so I'm cool with using him there to avoid leg fatigue with Stefanou while making sure that a backup is comfortable with game pressure just in case. I'm sure they'd do the same thing in the NFL if they had room for more than 1 kicker on the roster.

Last edited:
The scholarship is wasted on Graham this season. Not sure why he is here as a 5th year guy who doesn't kick. Price is doing kickoffs (walk-on) and I think he's done a good job so I'm cool with using him there to avoid leg fatigue with Stefanou while making sure that a backup is comfortable with game pressure just in case. I'm sure they'd do the same thing in the NFL if they had room for more than 1 kicker on the roster.
I had forgotten that Price was a walk-on. He’s gotta be pissed that Graham is on scholarship and literally does nothing, huh?

Back