What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Stetson 89....Wake Forest 79.

I don't wish bad things on Coach Bzdelik. I'm just glad we upgraded our coaching this offseason.

Oh yeah this is clearly a huge upgrade. This whole focus on defense thing is really working out for us. Too bad Buzz left, we could have been good this season.

Oh yeah this is clearly a huge upgrade. This whole focus on defense thing is really working out for us. Too bad Buzz left, we could have been good this season.

:smile2:

We started terrible and lost. Gonna happen on the road. I'm pissed, but I'm not losing my **** over it.

Now, if I was a Wake Forest fan and just saw my team get crushed by 21 points at home by Toby Veal's VCU squad... I'd be feeling a little different tonight.

I actually like Boyle and realize that it takes a little more time to change the defensive mentality (i also liked watching him hurl f-bombs at the horrible refs), but I just think Bzdelik is a pretty terrific coach. Yes he's struggling so far but i think he could do some good things there. Just gotta give him some time.

Patton's problem was that he couldn't coach a lick. He could recruit with the best of them, though. We had lots of talent but not many players ever seemed to get any better under his watch.

Patton in my experience was also a total dick in the community, both at CU and the city at large. Just my personal opinion though.

Ok, got it.

While Bzz got the ball rolling, I never felt like his ceiling was very high. He is who we thought he was. Boyle, on the other hand, could be a riser in the coaching business. We just don't know yet what his ceiling even can be. I like that.

You didn't read the post carefully enough. I posted about where the program is now from the beginning of the Bz era/end of Patton era. I was not commenting on Patton's success or failures. The fact remains that during Bz's tenure money was finally put in the program and Bz did a nice job recruiting at the same time. Hence the foundation for real commitment to basketball was laid.

Patton had success under more difficult circumstances considering he did not have the same financial support/athletic department commitment. No where in that post did I criticize Patton.

Back