What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Steve Patterson´s future as Texas AD in doubt

Something about that chart has to be off, I agree. It´s from here

http://www.scout.com/college/texas/story/1556266-hd-exclusive-ad-patterson-facing-heat
I found the problem:

upload_2015-9-15_10-21-20.png

The thing about the chart that's misleading (or just plain wrong) is the labeling: he conflates "price" with "total revenue". We don't know how the actual number of tickets changed between 2014 and 2015 as he only lists ticket sales for 2014. Where I think this is evident is in some of the decreases (big ones, at that) in the lower tiers. I find it hard to believe that the AD would make a big increase on the big-time donors and give the little guys a big break on pricing. What I think actually happened is that the pricing increase (which Patterson said was ~6% on average) drove out some of the "casual" season ticket holders, whereas it didn't impact demand with the die-hards who had tickets in those upper tiers.

Remember, this appears in Chipper's article, and he always has an agenda when it comes to "reporting" on UT.

From ShaggyBevo's(now Texas) banner
kkcsReM.gif

Patterson -- gone. The Shag -- still here. Trademark that, mother****er.
http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/forumdisplay.php/7-Football

UT, where they trip over the huge egos. I love it. The new AD will can Strong, either at the end of the year, or next. UT will be in rebuild mode for the next 3-4 years.

Well, they didn't say RG is a candidate. It was the Louisville AD, Mack Brown, and some NCAA guy.

The Louisville AD?

Think about that for a second. They hired Strong out of Louisville. The natives are restless with Strong. You think they're going to THAT well one more time?

It'll be Mack Brown, and the natives will be happy once again. Except for the fact that the team will still suck. That'll annoy them.

The Louisville AD?

Think about that for a second. They hired Strong out of Louisville. The natives are restless with Strong. You think they're going to THAT well one more time?

It'll be Mack Brown, and the natives will be happy once again. Except for the fact that the team will still suck. That'll annoy them.
That's what they said on the radio. I don't follow Texas and could care less.

My guess is it will be Mack Brown. He will get to fire his successor, he will hire a crony, UT will stink it up for another 3-4 years until the big cigars run Brown off again, this time for good. By then OU will have beaten them like a read headed step-child every year in the Red River Shootout, I mean Showdown, well, even that sounds to un-PC, by that time they will probably call the game the Red River Football Festival.....the Baptists and the Horned Frogs will take a bite out of Bevo nearly every year, and ISU will finally sneak up on UT. Still, UT fan will be every bit as arrogant and snotty, convinced they should go independent like ND, or have all the P5 conferences re-align them selves to accommodate the mutant cow.

Brown actually seems like a decent fit, in a Texas way. He was very good with the boosters and handled the program more like an administrator than a coach. I think he could do okay with keeping boosters happy. Having successful sports programs is another matter.

Brown actually seems like a decent fit, in a Texas way. He was very good with the boosters and handled the program more like an administrator than a coach. I think he could do okay with keeping boosters happy. Having successful sports programs is another matter.
agree. He would not keep Strong

Yep. He would actually be perfect in my eyes.

Thank you God for letting us free of their egos and manipulations!

Shaggy Bevo has a number of fans requesting the new AD prioritize finding a new conference. Pac 12, please don't let history repeat itself with the conference killers!!

The new AD down there won't be any of those names-There's gotta be a Dodds type out there (businessman/administrator with big ego and ties to UT). Maybe its this Mike Perrin.

Strong isn't coming here-let's stop that nonsense now. He and shortbus are probably heading to Miami if there's a change there-Golden has a stud QB he'd be leaving if he's fired.

I couldn't help but laugh at this quote Joe Jamail about not meddling in UT's decision to fire Patterson:

"I didn't have anything to do with hiring Steve, and I didn't have anything to do with firing him," said Jamail, who ended an interview with ESPN.com on Thursday to take a telephone call from Longhorns football coach Charlie Strong.

It reads like something out of the Onion.

to the above poster. why would Saban want to leave Bama for Texas? no shenanigans there.....Texas historically underachieves.....and the SEC is where it's at these days either in Reality or just on ESPN hard to know. and as much as we bang on about how much the Big XII sucks, is doomed to fail, etc....why ignore that logic when it comes to being the Saban?

if they hire Mack they are insane....Mack should tell them to go F themselves anyway.....and only allbuffs that wet themselves to hire Jon Embree and has endorsed "back to the past" logic for eons (he bleeds Black and Gold)....would think that was a good idea.

Actually Mick, I think the history with hiring 'back to the past' is EXACTLY why we want them to hire Mack. If there is any way to turn Tejas into a bigger shyte show, I am all for it. I think Hawkins is available for HC if they dump Strong too.

Actually Mick, I think the history with hiring 'back to the past' is EXACTLY why we want them to hire Mack. If there is any way to turn Tejas into a bigger shyte show, I am all for it. I think Hawkins is available for HC if they dump Strong too.

I'm for saving Hawkins for the Baylor coaching job after the Title IX Rape investigation cleans house in Waco.

Back