What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Stewart broken leg

They'll be alright next season. They're basically getting another team off of redshirts, injuries, and all that other jazz.

It's just hoping the competition is fierce and the people that win out mesh with one another.

another team same coaching staff! im not getting my hopes up for next year save myself from the let down....

another team same coaching staff! im not getting my hopes up for next year save myself from the let down....

2004-2006 recruiting classes: Seniors, juniors,and 3rd year sophomores

EPIC FAIL

2007 and beyond recruiting classes: taking lumps

It will take time

Nick Saban would go 5-7 with this team

That being said changes in philosophy are necessary

Yes, we have depth there, I wonder what kind of effect the broken fibula's will have on speedy coming back? Does he lose his speed?

All depends if his broken leg is stunted while the good one keeps growing.

j/k

Stewart has shown great heart, and has been one of the few the brights spots of the 2008 season. Hope that bone mends fast and strong.

god... i saw this and wanted to cry. I wanted DS in the game, but at the expense of sumler, not Speedy...

oh ****.

Darden is a jumbo WR. Hopefully he comes ready to contribute.

Coming off knee surgery

And speaking of WR's, and I don't think I'm aloud to say this about a player, but Patrick Williams is like a 6'4, fast specamin who should dominate... This guy missed the boat because just looking at him, he is an NFL dream but is very passive. I really had high hopes he would separate himself this year and break out... He is my most disappointing player on the team (because I don't think you can count DS who never plays).

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that. Not sorry that NU wont have to face him tho. Kid is a player. Best to him in his recovery for next year.

:yeahthat: I am drunk and was way fkn confused there for a minute at Daaahs post :lol:

No problem. After seeing some of the OU-NU game, I would have started drinking early as well. Your guys didn't quit though. They got their asses handed to them, but they were fighting.

Bless Speedy, but it's D Scott's time now... No more excuses he's gunna break out (well, he's gunna have to)

God Bless Speedy, live up to your name recovery wise. This kid was a dream and will copntinue to be so. I will Be a speedy fan for life!

Unbelievable. Well, we've got Scott back there, but clearly Speedy's been our guy this season. Next season we've got Scott, Speedy, Lockridge and Sumler...as long as none of them get hit by a meteor in the off-season.

Ef.

Don't forget Polk...

And speaking of WR's, and I don't think I'm aloud to say this about a player, but Patrick Williams is like a 6'4, fast specamin who should dominate... This guy missed the boat because just looking at him, he is an NFL dream but is very passive. I really had high hopes he would separate himself this year and break out... He is my most disappointing player on the team (because I don't think you can count DS who never plays).

I think this is the problem

Patrick Williams was a 2 star recruit coming out of high school.

He's played like a two star recruit

Just because he looks the part doesn't mean he can play it. The same goes for our two star tight end turned tackle. Stop forecasting greatness until he shows it. We end up projecting greatness for projects. And two star projects at that! It works better the other way more than anything.......

Tony Hills was a 5 star tight end who turned into a 3.75 star tackle for Texas

I think this is the problem

Patrick Williams was a 2 star recruit coming out of high school.

He's played like a two star recruit

Just because he looks the part doesn't mean he can play it. The same goes for our two star tight end turned tackle. Stop forecasting greatness until he shows it. We end up projecting greatness for projects. And two star projects at that! It works better the other way more than anything.......

Tony Hills was a 5 star tight end who turned into a 3.75 star tackle for Texas

Exactly. 2*'s play like 2*'s for a reason.. It's because they are 2*'s.

Not related to this team or any other college player but none the less legitimate:

Losers that look like winners end up being losers for a reason. They're losers.

The same goes for our two star tight end turned tackle. Stop forecasting greatness until he shows it. We end up projecting greatness for projects. And two star projects at that! It works better the other way more than anything.......

Solder is going to become a great OT. Of course he's taken his lumps this year. It's his first year in the position. Rarely do guys come in and dominate in year one. Especially in the Big XII.

That makes sense. :huh:

2 Stars:
Mark Fenton
Brian Iwuh
Daniel Sanders
Brad Jones
Benjamin Burney
Cha'pelle Brown
Kai Maiava
Rodney Stewart
Jordon Dizon
B.J. Beatty
Tyler Hansen

Two star players playing on a two star team. Somebody's going to make plays

Just b/c they were productive Cu players does not mean they would see the field on any of the teams ranked in the top ten year in and year out.

Solder is going to become a great OT. Of course he's taken his lumps this year. It's his first year in the position. Rarely do guys come in and dominate in year one. Especially in the Big XII.

Based on what evidence?

I hope he does turn out to do just that but how does one tell? Shutting down Maurice Lucas?

Just b/c they were productive Cu players does not mean they would see the field on any of the teams ranked in the top ten year in and year out.

I'll take a coaches opinion of a recruit over the recruiting services any day. Stars do have some importance, but they aren't the final word into how good they'll become in college.

You're right. Let's revoke his scholly and send him home. Nate sucks.

Dude no need for sarcasm

But we continue projecting guys every year and it comes up schit

Mo Lucas, Polumbus, Brian Daniels, Brian White,

Where's Conrad Obi? Where's Marques Herrod? Jimmy Smith? J Fly?

Can a team full of sleepers really be competitive?

Or are we simply hoping here?

Dude no need for sarcasm

My bad. I'm just getting really pissed off with the way things are going. We will have to wait and see with Solder. I think the kids got all the tools. Grimes has said most of his problems are basic 'technical flaws' in his game. Which we should all expect.

I don't think we are a team of sleepers though. We have some great talent waiting in the wings.

Dude no need for sarcasm

Yeah,where is conrad obi? He is sitting on the bench along with the other guys who have been deemed" Players we can't keep off the field"

I know smith is having some back problems, the list has been long here and it just isn't with this staff either.

My bad. I'm just getting really pissed off with the way things are going. We will have to wait and see with Solder. I think the kids got all the tools. Grimes has said most of his problems are basic 'technical flaws' in his game. Which we should all expect.

I don't think we are a team of sleepers though. We have some great talent waiting in the wings.

I think we have great talent too but when we keep hearing how great guys are from said coaches and then we don't see the results of it,people question future raving about players.

One thing we do have to keep in mind is,most of these guys are true freshman or redshirt freshman, Myself I've expected way too much from these guys and it's not right to do that.

I don't like to use comparisons but when Mac was here, I don't remember too many freshman making an impact,there were some but very few.

Back