What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Student asks AD to be reimbursed for cost of going to Cal game...

I don't think the kid really expected his $$$ back, I don't think felt like anybody would listen unless he went to the press. As others have pointed out, the AD's "STFU and pay your money" attitude is killing the program faster than anything but D II Danny's ineptitude.

i agree his comment here is lame-o-saurus rex and spiteful.

REPS_NEMO_One_Love.sized.jpg

Man, Plati's response was full of jerkitudiness. Lighten up, Dave!!

This. I am so sick of Plati it's not even funny. If there is one person in the AD's office that epitomizes the phrase 'bunker mentality', it's Plati.

I used to think he was one of the best SIDs in the business. At this point I wouldn't mind seeing him follow Hawk out the door.

Plati's attitude is exactly what is wrong with CU. There are a select few at CU who, for some reason, believe that they work in an ivory tower, where they are always right, and everyone else is always wrong.

Now before I go any further, let me say, I think the kid who is asking for his money back is all sorts of douche. You made a road trip to California, probably had a great time in everything EXCEPT the game, and you are pissed? (And you really, truly, honestly believed a Dan Hawkins coached football team had a chance of WINNING that game?!?! please!)

I do NOT think CU should give him his money back. I don't think CU should give the kid anything. They are exactly right that there's no guarantee on any ticket or any game or anything like that.

But the "that doesn't even deserve a response" attitude is what pisses me off. Like hell it doesn't deserve a response!!! It deserves a response of ****canning that worthless head football coach for doing the same exact thing he's done for four straight years. It deserves a response of "We share your frustration, but greatly appreciate that you made the trip to California to follow your Buffs." Mike Bohn has worked very hard the past few years to develop the "Your team" ideology -- and this dumbass who lives in the ivory tower shatters it all in one phrase with his "that doesn't deserve a response." Rather than acknowledge a fan's frustrations, while encouraging his continued support, Plati ****s on him from the get-go, as though he's some kind of lesser person. He's a fan, you dip****!

I lost all respect for Plati 15 years ago, and he never disappoints with his holier-than-thou attitude about CU sports.

This post is correct. I'm shooting Plati an email on this shortly. I hope others will as well. And it will have my real name attached, so he won't be able to whine about all the 'anonymous internet scum'.

Plati's attitude is exactly what is wrong with CU. There are a select few at CU who, for some reason, believe that they work in an ivory tower, where they are always right, and everyone else is always wrong.

Now before I go any further, let me say, I think the kid who is asking for his money back is all sorts of douche. You made a road trip to California, probably had a great time in everything EXCEPT the game, and you are pissed? (And you really, truly, honestly believed a Dan Hawkins coached football team had a chance of WINNING that game?!?! please!)

I do NOT think CU should give him his money back. I don't think CU should give the kid anything. They are exactly right that there's no guarantee on any ticket or any game or anything like that.

But the "that doesn't even deserve a response" attitude is what pisses me off. Like hell it doesn't deserve a response!!! It deserves a response of ****canning that worthless head football coach for doing the same exact thing he's done for four straight years. It deserves a response of "We share your frustration, but greatly appreciate that you made the trip to California to follow your Buffs." Mike Bohn has worked very hard the past few years to develop the "Your team" ideology -- and this dumbass who lives in the ivory tower shatters it all in one phrase with his "that doesn't deserve a response." Rather than acknowledge a fan's frustrations, while encouraging his continued support, Plati ****s on him from the get-go, as though he's some kind of lesser person. He's a fan, you dip****!

I lost all respect for Plati 15 years ago, and he never disappoints with his holier-than-thou attitude about CU sports.

Because of what happened to smitty? I remember you as Buffs on there....

Well, it was something that happened on Smitty's board, but not what happened with Smitty - directly. Smitty was an interesting character, to say the least.

smitty/denver was great I met him in Seattle and he gave me a netbuffs hat....

was your name Buffs? I thought it was something else....

I havent had to go to witness protection and change my name yet....

I agree with Plati on this one. You just don't say it to the press.
This was my initial reaction when I read the story.

However, as I read through the thread, I think Lt.Col.FrankSlade said it best:

"It deserves a response of "We share your frustration, but greatly appreciate that you made the trip to California to follow your Buffs."

You have to realize that Plati is a University employee, and will take the University's side in any given issue. But that does not mean that he should act like an a-hole either. I've dealt with Dave on several occasions, and I know the Buffs are his true passion. But, between the "powder blue" incident last year and this one, I'm thinking the pressure of having to defend a loser head coach is finally making him crack.

I wonder if anyone in the AD has enough self-awareness to realize how badly this could snowball and get out of hand, and how fast it could. It's one thing to continuously pump sunshine in the middle of a supercell, but by not paying this lip service (you don't have to and SHOULDN'T kowtow to the kid, as others have said), you are really running the very real and very public risk of pissing off the entire student body (or the part that attends games) and causing them to organize against you. I know kids are lazy, but if organizing in this case means staying home to get drunk rather than going to the game and get disappointed, they can/will stay home in droves. This has the potential to be a PR ****storm the likes of which no one has ever seen before.

Obviously that's the worst worst worst case scenario, but is it really that difficult to imagine? I don't think this will happen, in fact, I'd give it less than a 5% chance of happening. But basic Risk Management tells us that you not only evaluate things against the likelihood of occurence, but the severity of the effects. Likelihood is extremely low, but effects is catastrophic. The AD needs to tread very carefully here.

Back