What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Team USA Olympic Uniforms

Well ... at least they were made in China. You know, where 90% of the items you find in a Wal Mart are made.

Hell ... you can't get any more Ammurrican than that. :rolling_eyes:

Last edited:
I had some to drink last night so I thinkI saw Harry Reid saying we should pile all these uniforms up and burn them. Did I really see that? Of we so then these uniforms have created bipartisan hatred...which I guess is a step forward...sorta

Comments?

uni.jpg

"Where did you just come from, a scotch ad?"

Well ... at least they were made in China. You know, where 90% of the items you find in a Wal Mart are made.

Hell ... you can't get any more Ammurrican than that. :rolling_eyes:

The more I think about it, the more I think Team USA should have selected Cinch Jeans to be their supplier.

You people care way too much about uniforms you won't be wearing.

I'm pretty annoyed with the whole China thing.

I realize that locally designed but outsourced for manufacturing is how we do business in America, but it would have been nice to make these American from A-to-Z.

I'm pretty annoyed with the whole China thing.

I realize that locally designed but outsourced for manufacturing is how we do business in America, but it would have been nice to make these American from A-to-Z.

It's been like this a long time. We have a friend who was a chef at Camp David. He was able to get us a bunch of presidential cufflinks, business card holders and other items that we could give away as gifts for business (mostly in Asia, where exchanging gifts is common practice). Every single piece had a "Made in China" sticker on it and this was in the mid-1990s.

I'm so glad Harry Reid is sticking up for the American textile industry.

That's what he's doing, right? Yeah. I thought so.

Here is an interesting Cato article. They make a very good argument that having Olympic Uniforms made in China is pretty American. I don't know if I agree, I tend to have hubris around Olympic games.
One of the better paragraphs.
Could Ralph Lauren — the brand atop the long, integrated supply chain that takes apparel ideas from conception all the way to the consumer — have forgone use of the Chinese factories that do most of the brand's cutting and sewing operations and, instead, contracted with U.S. factories for the Olympic uniform project? Yes, probably, but at significantly higher cost. Still, that change would have had to be a custom request of the private funders of the Olympic team, who — unlike the Congress — might have felt obligated to stay within budget.
http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/why-not-make-olympic-uniforms-china

So how many screw ups and ugly uniforms does it take before we get rid of Ralph Lauren and replace it with somebody who actually designs something representative of the US instead of a bunch of metrosexual rejects from a baugette shop/wine bar.

I know it is all about money but isn't there one company that could step up and buy the sponsorship that doesn't make our athletes look like a bunch of clowns from a reality TV show about bad wardrobes.

AyAeswECEAE3jFS.jpg:large

And you think yours are ugly?

Yeah - that's hideous.

Honestly, I don't mind our uniforms too much. I think they look OK. Again, the berets could go, but otherwise I'm OK with them. The fact that they're made in China doesn't even bother me. We act as though we have a competitive textile/garment industry in the US. We haven't had that for 40+ years and we aren't willing to do what it takes to have one.

Spain's unis must be a joke, right? They didn't even cut off the spanish equivelent to kmart tag on the shorts or backpack.

I understand the colors and the polo and shorts combo. Hell, I could even understand the backpack. But what the hell is up with the "name tag?"

Based on the condition of the Spanish economy, the athletes are already equiped to stick around after the games and be in uniform to work in a fish and chips shop or a curry stand.

The US athletes can get jobs as bellhops in hotels serving French tourist in London.

I'm with Hotrack...I don't get those types of hats these days. I guess we are getting old.

For us old dudes:

[video=youtube;xThFEizES6U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xThFEizES6U&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

Back