What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tennessee´s new football facility

I'm sorry but thats a ****ing joke. These kids are being pampered with everything anyone can think of and i personally think its pathetic.

I'm sorry but thats a ****ing joke. These kids are being pampered with everything anyone can think of and i personally think its pathetic.
Oh really?? Cuz i thought the hd tv's with game consoles in the lounge were a nice touch. Especially right next to their own refreshment bar.

No i just saw the chairs in the doctors office they use to check for any diseases from said prostitutes

Hey let's be positive! It starts with the little things and getting people interested...

One day my friends we will be on this level. The only concern I have is where CU would even build a facility like this. East Campus maybe? Guess it doesn't really matter. If it is true that the building was only $33 Mil then we should start drawing up some concepts..

you gonna get banned for circumventing the filter

Last edited by a moderator:

When you are competing against Bama (your biggest rival), Florida and Georgia then you have to do whatever you can to get back on top. Everyone in the SEC will soon have one of these, except maybe Vanderbilt.

Hey let's be positive! It starts with the little things and getting people interested...

One day my friends we will be on this level. The only concern I have is where CU would even build a facility like this. East Campus maybe? Guess it doesn't really matter. If it is true that the building was only $33 Mil then we should start drawing up some concepts..

they already have the plans drawn up...northwest corner of Folsom field

This will be the first full size practice field in the NCAA built inside of a mountain. Dining hall will have 79 windows, peering out from the flatirons onto the lowly students below

And all athletes will be welcome. Not just scholarship athletes or those non-scholies with class conflicts. **** the NCAA. Wait. Wut? That's no longer a violation. What the ****? Why did we give up the scholarships then? Stupid dining hall.

A lot of **** for that price. Its a good value in my opinion

Absolutely agree. However, I also think that there weren't that many features that were too different from what most of the "big boys" have. Sadly, I think this further shows how CU isn't a "Big Boy" anymore when it comes to facilities, although this has been true for quite some time.

However, I question how CU could compete with Tennessee for funding; for decades they were THE only competition for discretionary spending on sports entertainment in the 17th most populous state. As far as college sports are concerned, Vanderbilt was never good, and Memphis was pretty bad historically (outside of basketball). TENN didn't get an NFL team until the late 90's, a NBA team until shortly thereafter and an NHL team until very recently, so UT has had a long run of cultivating a large fanbase. I don't think CU will ever get there, unless something drastically changes with how the AD connects with the student population during their time at CU.

EDIT: Also, if the NCAA Roster limit is 105 for NCAA football teams (I believe), then why do they need 125 state of the art lockers?

Capture.jpg

The area where the dirt parking lot could be underground staff and VIP parking. Build it high enough to allow a level bridge from stadium drive into the main entrance and eliminate the awful hill over there. Cover one of our practice fields and turn it into astroturf and use the rest for training center, offices, meeting rooms, theaters, locker rooms. Turn dal ward into the football museum and a club lounge. Put in a bar for all people purchasing tickets for that endzone. Beer concessions alone would pay for the project I am sure.

View attachment 6160

The area where the dirt parking lot could be underground staff and VIP parking. Build it high enough to allow a level bridge from stadium drive into the main entrance and eliminate the awful hill over there. Cover one of our practice fields and turn it into astroturf and use the rest for training center, offices, meeting rooms, theaters, locker rooms. Turn dal ward into the football museum and a club lounge. Put in a bar for all people purchasing tickets for that endzone. Beer concessions alone would pay for the project I am sure.

Only problem is that I'm not sure we want to build out 100 Million dollar facility in the 3-year flood plain.

That's why we need to build the facility inside of the flatirons.

Only problem is that I'm not sure we want to build out 100 Million dollar facility in the 3-year flood plain.

That's why we need to build the facility inside of the flatirons.

It's not a 3-year flood plain. They don't have 3-year floodplains. It is in the 100-year floodplain, though. But so what? So is half of Boulder. The Harvest House, Potts Field, Canyon Blvd, Boulder High, the new HOSPITAL... you name it.

What I would do, though, would be to take out a bunch of the family housing to the West and put the facility in there. Or, if they want to make it more visible to the public, take out the family housing to the East and North and move those facilites to the West. CU has a lot of options as to where to put it. It's finding the funding for it that will be the trick.

It's not a 3-year flood plain. They don't have 3-year floodplains. It is in the 100-year floodplain, though. But so what? So is half of Boulder. The Harvest House, Potts Field, Canyon Blvd, Boulder High, the new HOSPITAL... you name it.

What I would do, though, would be to take out a bunch of the family housing to the West and put the facility in there. Or, if they want to make it more visible to the public, take out the family housing to the East and North and move those facilites to the West. CU has a lot of options as to where to put it. It's finding the funding for it that will be the trick.

You generally want to avoid building in the 100-year floodplain though, especially if you are a public entity. While the City of Boulder has certainly ignored this in some situations, I am not sure the athletic department should take the risk.

There's this giant book storage facility a few blocks north of the stadium. We could tear that down for the football complex.

You generally want to avoid building in the 100-year floodplain though, especially if you are a public entity. While the City of Boulder has certainly ignored this in some situations, I am not sure the athletic department should take the risk.

What difference does it make whether it's the athletic department or the department of housing? All of East Campus is in the 100 year floodplain. All of the family housing is in the 100-year floodplain. I really don't see the difference. In fact, if they really cared, they'd move some of that housing OUT of the 100-year floodplain and replace it with athletic facilities that aren't used as somebodys home.

What difference does it make whether it's the athletic department or the department of housing? All of East Campus is in the 100 year floodplain. All of the family housing is in the 100-year floodplain. I really don't see the difference. In fact, if they really cared, they'd move some of that housing OUT of the 100-year floodplain and replace it with athletic facilities that aren't used as somebodys home.

For one, risk management planning has come a long way in the last couple decades. If at all avoidable, it is considered bad form on the part of public entities to have new construction in 100-year floodplains. The 500-year floodplain is a different story. I am not saying this viewpoint is 100% correct, but I know for a fact it is something the athletic department would have to go up against.

For one, risk management planning has come a long way in the last couple decades. If at all avoidable, it is considered bad form on the part of public entities to have new construction in 100-year floodplains. The 500-year floodplain is a different story. I am not saying this viewpoint is 100% correct, but I know for a fact it is something the athletic department would have to go up against.

Are you saying it's considered riskier to have an athletic practice facility in a 100 year floodplain than to have housing in that same place?

Are you saying it's considered riskier to have an athletic practice facility in a 100 year floodplain than to have housing in that same place?

Doesn't sound like he is. The housing facility is already there.

No. I'm sure the university would prefer to avoid having both housing and a multi-million dollar sports facility in the floodplain. If they cannot (housing is already there), then so be it, but it would not be automatically rubber-stamped either.

Would it really cost that much more to build 200,000 sq ft state of the art practice facility on stilts?

Ignoring the 100 year flood plane issue for a moment. The real reason they will not build it down there is that it would destroy my tailgating lot.

They have enough room to build the practice facility if they do it just north of Franklin field and extend it down to stadium drive at least that was the idea they were kicking around with the 2001 Master Plan. They wanted to put a 400-600 car parking garage below the new indoor field house which would also have a 8 lane 300m running track around the football field. You could build new coaching offices above and have them situated around the indoor field like they did in the Tennesse rendering without taking up anymore lateral square footage. I'm not sure about if there would be enough left over space for a new bigger weight room?... I haven't been to Boulder in 8yrs and its hard to get a good idea from the pictures without physically seeing it. If so then I would turn Dal ward into a players lounge/study area/Box seat combo and incorporate a new weight room into the plan.

Back