What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Texas A&M to spend $25m on "campus beautification" project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jens1893

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member

Aggie+Park+2.jpg

(Just in case anyone needs any further proof that B1G/SEC programs simply don't know what to do with their money)

Aggie+Park+2.jpg

(Just in case anyone needs any further proof that B1G/SEC programs simply don't know what to do with their money)

In all fairness, Texas A&M, and more specifically College Station, has grown a ton in the last ten years or so. More culture, places to eat, things college kids expect in a college town. VS the cow town it used to be. That being said, it’s campus and its buildings are pretty damn ugly. Most of the architecture is built like bunkers or with concrete. There used to be forums where people would post pictures of Texas A&M department buildings and dorms next to a picture from Cold War era USSR or Eastern Europe government buildings and you had to guess which was which. It wasn’t easy.

I believe Texas A&M boosters were able to fully fund the $450M renovation of Kyle Field so $25M is a drop in the bucket for them. I don't think that money is coming out of the AD coffers either.

A&M’s campus is... not a fun one. I have to walk to class everyday and in August and September it’s worse than death. Ugly buildings too, like others have mentioned. Makes me miss CU and Colorado.

But Kyle Field is AMAZING. It’s maybe my favorite place to watch a football game other than Folsom. The Aggie Park will be a nice addition. I can’t wait for the game next season. If you’re going, though, don’t wear black. You will absolutely regret it. 😆

CU is in no position to snicker at another school spending money to beautify its campus. All that tile and stone has cost a ton of cash over the years.

We can, however, mock them for doing such a ****ty job in the first place.

It's done wonders for them!

It's done wonders for them!
If only several people had warned them that this would happen. I feel bad for CSU. Really. They built that stadium thinking it would be their ticket to the P-5. No matter how many times they were told that was a pipe dream, they held on to that dream. Now it’s costing them dearly. And how are they supposed to cut the subsidy anyway? They have contracts to pay. Most of their expenses are fixed costs. Before somebody (correctly) points out that CU and CSU are two very different institutions, most people in Colorado don’t really view them as such. As far as Joe Sixpack is concerned, if CSU is hemorrhaging cash, CU must be too. That’s how morons like Jack Kroll get elected to the CU board of Regents.

Wow!!!! Crying about a private donor funding 25m for the beautification of their schools campus when the Flatirons loom over Boulder and CU with their majestic beauty..... sorry I'm like WTF is wrong with you...... if schools have donors that use their wealth to better the colleges they attend so what, whether its education, sports, or even beautification projects. Who are we to sit here and criticize, which is what the original comment is in this thread does, what others schools and donors do? I'd much rather go out and hang "half a hundred" on Saturday anyway against the school. See how that beautifies their campus.......

Wow!!!! Crying about a private donor funding 25m for the beautification of their schools campus when the Flatirons loom over Boulder and CU with their majestic beauty..... sorry I'm like WTF is wrong with you...... if schools have donors that use their wealth to better the colleges they attend so what, whether its education, sports, or even beautification projects. Who are we to sit here and criticize, which is what the original comment is in this thread does, what others schools and donors do? I'd much rather go out and hang "half a hundred" on Saturday anyway against the school. See how that beautifies their campus.......
Sensitive

Aggie+Park+2.jpg

Wazzat have to do with FB???

Everyone knows that aTm is funded by the Texas Railroad Commission (which collects tax revenues from oil and gas---I hear there's a little bit of that in Tx, especially from fracking. Meanwhile, you proggy clowns voted in a CO guv and legislature who hate fracking!)

If only several people had warned them that this would happen. I feel bad for CSU. Really. They built that stadium thinking it would be their ticket to the P-5. No matter how many times they were told that was a pipe dream, they held on to that dream. Now it’s costing them dearly. And how are they supposed to cut the subsidy anyway? They have contracts to pay. Most of their expenses are fixed costs. Before somebody (correctly) points out that CU and CSU are two very different institutions, most people in Colorado don’t really view them as such. As far as Joe Sixpack is concerned, if CSU is hemorrhaging cash, CU must be too. That’s how morons like Jack Kroll get elected to the CU board of Regents and Polis as guv and a heavily DEM majority to the General Assembly!.
FIFY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back