What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Thanks for the laughs Mr. Woelk

The big difference between then and now was that even the casual fan could see the improvement from year-to-year with Mac.

no. look at the link i posted. that is not the way Mac feels about things. its about the 2 minute mark. maybe just a bit before. he says... "we were building something, most people could not see it." those are his words. the media wanted him out. he was under great pressure. he was coming off a 1-10 season and got extended. then went 6-5 with a bowl loss to baylor.

Last edited:
no. look at the link i posted. that is not the way Mac feels about things. its about the 2 minute mark. maybe just a bit before. the says... "we were building something, most people could not see it." those are his words. the media wanted him out. he was under great pressure. he was coming off a 1-10 season and got extended. then went 6-5 with a bowl loss to baylor.
I'm really not trying to be contrary to you or Mac. I just remember that the improvement was obvious from year-to-year. You could tell the talent level increased each year, and - even though the W-L record didn't show it - the games were closer and more evenly contested. As mentioned above, the administration must have seen it or they wouldn't have given Mac the extension. I guess we all remember things differently.

I'm really not trying to be contrary to you or Mac. I just remember that the improvement was obvious from year-to-year. You could tell the talent level increased each year, and - even though the W-L record didn't show it - the games were closer and more evenly contested. As mentioned above, the administration must have seen it or they wouldn't have given Mac the extension. I guess we all remember things differently.

:bang: watch the vid.

no, i agree with you. mac says that BM and GG did believe in him. i agree with you on that. no one else, for the most part did. that was the point. that is all. Mac talks about the media wanting him out of there and people calling for his head. that is all. he was not loved after his 3rd and 4th year in boulder. that is all.

Fans are telling you they saw improvement from year to year, what are you trying to say? Comparing Hawk to MAC is laughable at best. Times have changes and so has college football.

Fans are telling you they saw improvement from year to year, what are you trying to say? Comparing Hawk to MAC is laughable at best. Times have changes and so has college football.

ok.

Last edited:
i've had many conversations with my step-dad about the 80's and 90's in the Big 8 since he's a bigtime OU guy, donor, etc. he says you could tell CU was getting better under Mac in the 80's. after the switch to the wishbone with Hatcher at QB, CU really started to get better and more physical on both sides of the ball. can you honestly say that about Hawk's teams on the field? Step-dad just sort of laughs about Hawk and always says: "we gave you guys that one, but we beat Texas the next week (verbatim, every time)". he also comments, accurately or not, that "i don't have any clue what he's trying to do on O".

I truly believe Hawk has actually assembled some talent on this team. Unfortunately Hawk does not seem to like physical play or any sort of identity on offense.

The answer for our program is obvious, we need to be a physical, run-oriented team. The only time our program has had success is when we are physical and run the ball. How can this be so hard for Hawk to understand? The guy is freaking maddening.

I truly believe Hawk has actually assembled some talent on this team. Unfortunately Hawk does not seem to like physical play or any sort of identity on offense.

The answer for our program is obvious, we need to be a physical, run-oriented team. The only time our program has had success is when we are physical and run the ball. How can this be so hard for Hawk to understand? The guy is freaking maddening.

I totally disagree with you. The Texas Rangers don't run the ball, but they're a good team.

I totally disagree with you. The Texas Rangers don't run the ball, but they're a good team.

How many times have the Texas Rangers won the World Series? How many times have they even made the playoffs? Seriously, have the Rangers ever made the playoffs? Ever? We're using them as a baseline for success because they've won a few games this year?

How many times have the Texas Rangers won the World Series? How many times have they even made the playoffs? Seriously, have the Rangers ever made the playoffs? Ever? We're using them as a baseline for success because they've won a few games this year?

I believe it was a joke, since Hawkins went and visited them and brought up some crap about how they didn't care about winning and won because they "fosused on the little things"

I believe it was a joke, since Hawkins went and visited them and brought up some crap about how they didn't care about winning and won because they "fosused on the little things"

I know it was a joke for Greg, but I don't think Hawk was joking around. He really thinks that the Rangers are the model for how to run a team/franchise. "The Texas Rangers, working on the little things since they were the Washington Senators."

I know it was a joke for Greg, but I don't think Hawk was joking around. He really thinks that the Rangers are the model for how to run a team/franchise. "The Texas Rangers, working on the little things since they were the Washington Senators."

Yes, a model, bankrupt, franchise... Good role models.

Rangers made some of the worst pitching trades in history in the 80's. Dave "Smoke" Stewart comes to mind....and the big, stud reliever for Toronto back then can't think of his name....

I just checked. In about 32 days and 4 hours from now we will actually have an indication of how 2010 is going to play out. Maybe we can just give it a rest until then.

I just checked. In about 32 days and 4 hours from now we will actually have an indication of how 2010 is going to play out. Maybe we can just give it a rest until then.

Don't like it, stop reading it. If we all just sat here and said nothing for 32 days it would be really boring.

Yoga is the answer.
prenatal-yoga-poses.jpg

It's about to pop!

Back