What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2014 Colorado Duo / All-In-One Perkins vs Collier Thread

How will you feel if CU only lands one of Perkins & Collier?

• Pissed - Tad & Co HAD to land both of them and failed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Happy - I only wanted one of the two anyway

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • Disappointed - Was hoping for both, but at least we got one of them

Votes: 21 46.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I said happy, but the descriptor isn't really accurate. I would love to get both of them, but I'm not judging Tad on that. Both are great players that 5 years ago we could have only dreamed of landing.

:yeahthat:

I said disappointed, because I want both, but I don't expect it. I'd be pretty happy we landed one, but not because I only wanted. Polls are confusing....

The 2014 Colorado Duo

I think it's been pretty well established that nobody will get both. I can't really tell which one is better, so I will be happy with one- whichever one we get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I'd pick happy, but not because I didn't want both of them. I think we'd be doing well to get one or the other. Wish the descriptor next to Happy was differnet. So I picked dissappointed - 'cause I think they'd both be valuable here.

I marked happy because it has always appeared that we would only have a chance at 1 of the 2. Would love both but never expected we had a chance at both.

I chose "Happy".

Part of that is that I didn't dare to dream of getting both. So I may be justifying expected disappointment.

But if we ended up signing both, I have to admit that I have much deeper concerns about Collier and Perkins working well together and sharing the spotlight than I did about Scott and Gordon (and the issue was brought up about whether those competitors could be teammates).

I've always thought it was vital to sign one of the two. I haven't always been sure that signing both would be desirable.

One of those polls where I had to choose the best answer available. I voted "Happy." But I did not agree with "I only wanted one of them anyway."

I wish we could sell them on Collier, Perkins, Scott, Gordon + 1 as a starting line-up. In my dreams. Would be very happy with one or the other.

We'll have 3 in-state players on the court together a lot this year. And it's actually a good thing.

We need to get one of these PG's committed in a big way. I'd prefer Perkins as I've stated a thousand times, but at this point, I just want one of them to make the call.

Who has the bigger upside between Collier and Perkins? I'm asking cause I've only seen a few clips of them. Great to have him aboard regardless.

Who has the bigger upside between Collier and Perkins? I'm asking cause I've only seen a few clips of them. Great to have him aboard regardless.

This isn't hating though I'll be accused of it. Perkins has the bigger upside and and most would say that. There's a reason Collier was once THE big name in CO recruiting and Perkins is now. Perkins has grown exponentially over the last couple years where as Collier has made moderate strides in improving his game. They are both good and both very different players.

The only thing I'll say on Collier v Perkins here is that Perkins has shown more improvement in part because he had further to go. Collier had a very high skill level very early, but because of that, doesn't have as much helium. The only areas where he really needs to improve are his shot, which had been noted to be improving of late, and strength. The rest of his game is pretty much there.

I shouldn't have asked about the upside between the two I suppose. I was just curious. I'm very happy with Collier, it was just a question.

Back