What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2020 COVID Coaching Carousel

Yeah for sure. Just felt like they watched the game yesterday and said, “wow, we need a guy who can get Bijan Robinson to hurdle dudes like Najee, let’s gooooo”

he’s also taking over UT at quite the fortuitous time...stud RB and an exciting new QB ready to take the reigns after having their ceiling capped with a solid but not world-beating 4 year starter

getting the right DC will obviously be make or break, but I feel like he may look better than he actually is for a few years with the insanely strong foundation that is already there — can anyone think of a recent new coaching hire entering a better situation (ignoring people like Day or Lake who were internal hires)?

I think the interesting thing is that Texas was clearly negotiating behind the scenes with candidates while Herman was their HC. Can’t believe that’s an attractive situation for any coach.

But, I guess it’s Texas. And they can pay anyone to forget about that red flag

I think the interesting thing is that Texas was clearly negotiating behind the scenes with candidates while Herman was their HC. Can’t believe that’s an attractive situation for any coach.

But, I guess it’s Texas. And they can pay anyone to forget about that red flag
This is actually what schools should do in order to prevent getting Coloradoed or Tennesseed

According to Ole Miss and MIss State fans on Reddit, the state of MS has a law that restricts coaching contracts to no more than four years so this was just adding another year to Kiffin's contract.

No doubt Sark is a better recruiter than MM. He was hired by UW in much the same situation as CU at the time and criticized also similarly for never getting over the hump. But Texas is loaded with talent. His challenge will be coaching not recruiting. Expectations will be very high next fall. If he doesn’t deliver he’s immediately on the hot seat.

No doubt Sark is a better recruiter than MM. He was hired by UW in much the same situation as CU at the time and criticized also similarly for never getting over the hump. But Texas is loaded with talent. His challenge will be coaching not recruiting. Expectations will be very high next fall. If he doesn’t deliver he’s immediately on the hot seat.
Yeah, his most recent jobs have zero pressure to coach at a high level.

There was a pretty clear progression of the Washington program from 0-5-7-7-7-8 wins over his tenure not to mention the recruiting wins he had there. He also has OC experience under two of the best college coaches in our lifetime (saban and carrol). His career is completely different than MM and he is a totally different coach.

Actually with the talent available he will recruit with the best in the nation. He will have the budget to build a staff without compromising.

The biggest challenge in coaching at Texas is managing the program and especially the big money boosters.

Mack Brown set the standard in his early years there.

CU is a stepchild. Until the administration and AD decide to take football seriously and commit to spending the money and doing what it takes to recruit top talent, we shall remain a pitiful little stepchild grubbing for the scraps our big brother leaves.
Money? Haven't they cashed yor $25 donation check yet?

he’s also taking over UT at quite the fortuitous time...stud RB and an exciting new QB ready to take the reigns after having their ceiling capped with a solid but not world-beating 4 year starter

getting the right DC will obviously be make or break, but I feel like he may look better than he actually is for a few years with the insanely strong foundation that is already there — can anyone think of a recent new coaching hire entering a better situation (ignoring people like Day or Lake who were internal hires)?
DC??? Pellini is looking for a job.....

This was basically my thought, although I acknowledge the P5 experience Sark has.

Tom Herman is 54-22 as a head coach. There's not a poster on here would have jumped at the chance to hire him had he been available and interested last February. He's gonna go to a middling P5 and win BIG now.

didn't he overlap with Jeremy Pruitt at Alabama?

I think Sarkisian would’ve been a great hire for CU. I’m not sure he is a great hire for Texas.

Good for him, though. He went from unemployed drunk to a massive payday at the richest athletic department in the land in just a few short years.
To be fair he was a very rich unemployed drunk lol

On another note, this seems like a year where we're gonna have 1-2 college guys make the jump to the NFL. Doesn't seem like the assistants (outside of Scooter-who better get the chance to run his own ship after this year) are all that attractive.

I think Sarkisian would’ve been a great hire for CU. I’m not sure he is a great hire for Texas.

Good for him, though. He went from unemployed drunk to a massive payday at the richest athletic department in the land in just a few short years.

Your first point is spot on IMO.

I'm not so sure that being the HC at Texas is a good choice for continued sobriety.

I think @Hallett Hell said it best-being the football coach at a place like Texas doesn't contribute to continued sobriety. This is not a good hire IMO.
In this thread I learned that Texas is the only college football program/location not conducive to recovering alcoholics...

Last edited:
If Helton was smart he would bring in Herman as his OC. Would be funny to have him working with Orlando who he just fired a year before but that is the offensive style that will get USC back to elite status.

Seems like Herm Edwards has done a reasonably decent job of repairing his reputation in Tempe. I wonder why his name isn’t popping up in NFL circles.

Back