What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The all in one "Lets talk Nebraska thread"

So you're saying he sucks on both sides of the ball.
Sounds like a pretty strong message from God to a guy trying to finish Christ's work: "You're ****ing up JC's game plan Cally! When I said I wanted you to lead a football team to victory I meant the JV soccer team!" :wow::lol:

either I'm not picking up your sarcasm, or you completely misunderstood me. HITLER was finishing Christ's work. Or at least he thought he was.

Callahan doesn't do much work with the defense as far as we know. So I evaluate him based on offensive production which is what I have listed above.

How're we doing?

either I'm not picking up your sarcasm, or you completely misunderstood me. HITLER was finishing Christ's work. Or at least he thought he was.

Callahan doesn't do much work with the defense as far as we know. So I evaluate him based on offensive production which is what I have listed above.

How're we doing?

Got it. HUGE misunderstanding on my part. I thought you said Cally was finishing Christ's work. :wow: I still think he should find a new career. :lol:

How're we doing?

not to good.... another clip about cf's "classiest" fans...

By the end of the game, several Nebraska fans still in the stadium were wearing paper bags over their heads, and Callahan was serenaded with catcalls and expletives as he left the field.

and a former player says, from the 1997 squad

"It was almost like seeing your little brother get beat up," former Cornhusker Aaron Taylor told the Omaha World-Herald after the game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3069263

Yup. 394 posts off of my rumor and only 3 reps. That sucks.

Man, you can be a whiney little bitch about rep.

NO REP FOR YOU! NEXT!
180px-Sein_soup_nazi.jpg

This week, as with most weeks, I get to see the absolute worst of human sociology. Somewhere, in some laboratory, there is a study going on dealing with obsessive compulsive, dementia and obsession issues that is costing somebody hundreds of thousands of dollars. Yet in my own little world here in this place called Huskerland, is an experiment that never ends.

I’ve spent the better part of 20 years telling people about what kind of myopia and arrogance oozes from the soil of this state. Over that time, I thought I’d seen it all and heard it all.

But this week provided me the opportunity to view Husker fan in a different light. This week, during a week like no other, I was lucky enough to witness the smoking gun; the final piece of evidence that I needed to slam the door on this case once and for all. OK, maybe not once and for all, but I can prove in the most graphic examples yet, that Husker fans are every bit the fraud... every bit the worldwide sham I’ve claimed.

How so you ask?

Take the aftermath of the Steve Pederson firing. Granted, before this man was relieved of his duties, radio hosts, columnists and sports anchors all had their doubts about what was wrong with the team. Some sat around in a daze. Others whined that somebody had to pay and this just “doesn’t happen to Nebraska.” However, throughout it all, Husker fan at least kept a shred of dignity. Well, then again..I’m not sure how many fans of major programs would walk out of a game by halftime when sitting on a 4-2 season, but that’s besides the point.

No, what has happened since the firing, is nothing short of a bandwagon hypocrisy unlike anything the world has ever seen. What has transpired has defied logic, puzzled scholars and memorized the curious.

“Hey crazy blog guy, what could be so bad with wanting your program to succeed?”

That would be fine, if in fact that was your final purpose. If your ultimate goal was to support the university..to support the state and most of all your precious standing in the eyes of others…that would be fine. But it didn’t turn out that way.

Just before the season, I wrote a precursor to this. Back then, I gave you a slight glimpse into the minds of the hypocritical and into the very soul of the ungrateful. The column was written just prior to the season, and was critical of the Nebraska media’s handling of Joey Ganz shortly after being delegated to second string. In that opinion piece, I explained to you that the very young man who busted his ass off, just to play for you and make his team..the very same guy who held a special hard-nosed, never-say-die attitude of Nebraska football..was ridiculed.

Afternoon talk shows mocked his abilities. Columnist chuckled at the fact that Bill Callahan was simply using the quarterback “controversy” to motivate JC Keller in playing better. The very media that slobbered all over Joey Ganz just days before, instantly attacked him. Yes, these EXACT same individuals who once stated, “Wow, Joe Ganz is really making some progress” one minute…were then claiming, ”He can go to an NAIA school and have a very nice career. He's just not a D1 QB.”

College Football…Lord of the Flies style.

Fast forward to the past month. Enter the same media that has been slobbering all over Bill Callahan for years. Enter the radio shows and columnists praising the brilliance of the West Coast offense. Does anybody remember the snide disdain that was given to anyone who dared SUGGEST that a team other than Nebraska could challenge for the Big 12 North? (Ironically, it was 4 teams..and none wore red. But I digress).

And in the snap of a finger…with the flicker of a camera, the sharks rose again. Once Tom Osborne was back in the fold, Husker media and Husker fans instantly turned against their own.

Suddenly, Bill Callahan was an idiot. An offensive scheme, which just four weeks earlier was unstoppable and ahead of it’s time, was suddenly deemed “too NFL” and “too big city.” Suddenly, Ralph Callahan found himself sprinting through the underbrush, looking to hide under any nook and cranny from the angry tribe that once adored him.

Just as in Lord of the flies, the forest is ablaze with hypocrisy. Imagine a daycare left unsupervised for a few hours. During that that time, the oldest child breaks toys, shatters windows, lights the carpet on fire and stabs the cat with a steak knife. Suddenly, the babysitter walks back through door, as the oldest child rushes to her leg screaming and crying, “I’m so glad you’re here…Look what they did!” That's about the only way I can explain it.

But wait...that’s not the crime. People become discontent with current staffs all the time. There is certainly nothing wrong with wanting change, especially in light of difficult circumstances. But where was the demand for change a month ago? Where were the assault Steve Pederson jokes? Where was the hatred and anger for Bill Callahan? Sure, there were some who disliked the regime from the beginning…but suddenly, as if the babysitter bolts into the room, you all (at once mind you), turn the spear on your own. And by “on your own”, I don’t even mean the coaches.

This Saturday, a team with ugly white helmets is going to play in front of 85,000 of their own fans…many of them hoping and begging for a poor performance. Out of the crowd, thousands will be on hand, simply to display their hatred toward their head coach. Players who were once cheered and adored for their “gutty outspokenness” like Corey McKeon, will be openly mocked..perhaps even booed. JC Keller will stand under center, in front of the entire state…a vast majority of them looking forward to the day where he no longer runs their team.

I have always found you to be phony and fraudulent. But now, you have sunk even lower than I imagined. Booing your own team? “Bill, you’re next” signs? Walkouts? Mocking and slandering players for their performance..despite the fact that they still have nearly ½ a season to play?

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I ask you to consider this thought: Did you ever think the “Greatest Fans in College Football” would collectively, abruptly and without malice turn on the very players to whom they cheered just weeks before? Is there anything more pathetic?

So to you, I ask that you spare leniency and convict the fans formerly known as “Husker Nation” for treason and contempt. Despite years of deceit, you have the power to convict. You have the ability to see through their veil charade that has lasted nearly four decades. For you see…if you can’t see the sickening hypocrisy of the “Classiest” fans in the nation…then you have no soul.

The prosecution rests.

Latest from aj's blog and I ****in dare any Husker Fan to refute it. Your team is going to **** due to the beating your putting upon these kids and the delusional thought you could run a NFL pro style offense that even Bill Walsh the creator of failed with at Stanford with. I know Husker fans it is hard to face your reality but look in the ****in mirror in no way did Hawkins face what any coach is going to face in your famous state of a steaming pile of **** and Husker football.

That article is crap, which is apparent in the first sentence. Give me a ****ing break. Dont know who wrote it, a link would be nice as opposed to a copy and paste.

Latest from aj's blog and I ****in dare any Husker Fan to refute it. Your team is going to **** due to the beating your putting upon these kids and the delusional thought you could run a NFL pro style offense that even Bill Walsh the creator of failed with at Stanford with. I know Husker fans it is hard to face your reality but look in the ****in mirror in no way did Hawkins face what any coach is going to face in your famous state of a steaming pile of **** and Husker football.

As for this load of ****. I find it hard to believe that the team is struggling due to the "beating" the fans are putting on the players. Lets see, there was no criticism before the USC game and how did that turn out? Thats what I thought.

As for the issue of running an NFL offense, there is a bit merit to that, but it doesnt begin to cover the defensive problems. The biggest issue with this team is toughness, and the fact that there is none.

And the comparison to Hawk is mind bogglingly retarded. Last time I looked Cally is in his 4th year, Hawk in his 2nd, HUGE difference. Im sure if CU is getting whooped at home in 2 more years fans in Boulder will be pretty ****ing pissed.

Last edited:
That article is crap, which is apparent in the first sentence. Give me a ****ing break. Dont know who wrote it, a link would be nice as opposed to a copy and paste.

well dittums, the blog has been linked to this site so often, only the king of the tards would not know how to bring up the page. in fact, it has been linked already in this thread. but since you asked... here you go sugar.

Csu Husker said:
As for this load of ****. I find it hard to believe that the team is struggling due to the "beating" the fans are putting on the players. Lets see, there was no criticism before the USC game and how did that turn out?

duh. y'all were told you can't compete at that level yet. do you want a star for pointing that out? or a chest to pin it on?

well dittums, the blog has been linked to this site so often, only the king of the tards would not know how to bring up the page. in fact, it has been linked already in this thread. but since you asked... here you go sugar.

duh. y'all were told you can't compete at that level yet. do you want a star for pointing that out? or a chest to pin it on?

"It was linked in this thread"? This ****ing thread is 27 pages long :lol:

Pretty much what I expected from the link as well.

Pretty much what I expected from the link as well.

he writes some of the most funny stuff i have ever read. in this installment, he uncharacteristically engages in the misuse of some words. still, he is spot on about how nu fans do this waffling between mancrush and a tar-n-feather approach.

it would be pointless to argue this is not a very husker game. the names involved with this game are legion: gantz, cally, dukes, etc.

true, it is 27 pages long. but that does not change the facts.

how on god's green earth have you missed all the times aj has been linked here, lammie? :lol:

Ive seen em, just didnt know this specific turd was from that site. Makes sense tho. Work with me here though, Im half asleep.

he writes some of the most funny stuff i have ever read. in this installment, he uncharacteristically engages in the misuse of some words. still, he is spot on about how nu fans do this waffling between mancrush and a tar-n-feather approach.

it would be pointless to argue this is not a very husker game. the names involved with this game are legion: gantz, cally, dukes, etc.

Some of his stuff is funny. This one was lousy.

i would totally agree it was not as funny. but i would argue that his main point stands. you turn on your own. all the time.

Expectations were high this year. Being his 4th season in charge, I dont think expectations were out of line. Cally has since **** the bed. Time to face the music.

Is that turning on our own? Perhaps. Is it unjustified? I dont think so.

Did anyone see the NU feature on College Gameday?

The general consensus: NU plays uninspired football. I love it.

Expectations were high this year. Being his 4th season in charge, I dont think expectations were out of line. Cally has since **** the bed. Time to face the music.

Is that turning on our own? Perhaps. Is it unjustified? I dont think so.

:lol: it goes far beyond cally, and you know it.

i would like to hear what happened in the past 2.5 weeks that took you from wanting to give cally a chance, as HIS recruits are only 2 years in (you said, and I agree, that he only had a month or so prior to signing day that first year) to wanting him gone. you went from mancrush less than a month ago, to feeling justified about needing him gone. EVEN AFTER the evidence was already there that you sucked from the beginning of the season.

dukes? gantz? same thing. you go from mancrush to "**** em" in less than three seconds.

if you missed it, THAT was the point of the blog.

This week, as with most weeks, I get to see the absolute worst of human sociology. Somewhere, in some laboratory, there is a study going on dealing with obsessive compulsive, dementia and obsession issues that is costing somebody hundreds of thousands of dollars. Yet in my own little world here in this place called Huskerland, is an experiment that never ends.

I’ve spent the better part of 20 years telling people about what kind of myopia and arrogance oozes from the soil of this state. Over that time, I thought I’d seen it all and heard it all.

But this week provided me the opportunity to view Husker fan in a different light. This week, during a week like no other, I was lucky enough to witness the smoking gun; the final piece of evidence that I needed to slam the door on this case once and for all. OK, maybe not once and for all, but I can prove in the most graphic examples yet, that Husker fans are every bit the fraud... every bit the worldwide sham I’ve claimed.

How so you ask?

Take the aftermath of the Steve Pederson firing. Granted, before this man was relieved of his duties, radio hosts, columnists and sports anchors all had their doubts about what was wrong with the team. Some sat around in a daze. Others whined that somebody had to pay and this just “doesn’t happen to Nebraska.” However, throughout it all, Husker fan at least kept a shred of dignity. Well, then again..I’m not sure how many fans of major programs would walk out of a game by halftime when sitting on a 4-2 season, but that’s besides the point.

No, what has happened since the firing, is nothing short of a bandwagon hypocrisy unlike anything the world has ever seen. What has transpired has defied logic, puzzled scholars and memorized the curious.

“Hey crazy blog guy, what could be so bad with wanting your program to succeed?”

That would be fine, if in fact that was your final purpose. If your ultimate goal was to support the university..to support the state and most of all your precious standing in the eyes of others…that would be fine. But it didn’t turn out that way.

Just before the season, I wrote a precursor to this. Back then, I gave you a slight glimpse into the minds of the hypocritical and into the very soul of the ungrateful. The column was written just prior to the season, and was critical of the Nebraska media’s handling of Joey Ganz shortly after being delegated to second string. In that opinion piece, I explained to you that the very young man who busted his ass off, just to play for you and make his team..the very same guy who held a special hard-nosed, never-say-die attitude of Nebraska football..was ridiculed.

Afternoon talk shows mocked his abilities. Columnist chuckled at the fact that Bill Callahan was simply using the quarterback “controversy” to motivate JC Keller in playing better. The very media that slobbered all over Joey Ganz just days before, instantly attacked him. Yes, these EXACT same individuals who once stated, “Wow, Joe Ganz is really making some progress” one minute…were then claiming, ”He can go to an NAIA school and have a very nice career. He's just not a D1 QB.”

College Football…Lord of the Flies style.

Fast forward to the past month. Enter the same media that has been slobbering all over Bill Callahan for years. Enter the radio shows and columnists praising the brilliance of the West Coast offense. Does anybody remember the snide disdain that was given to anyone who dared SUGGEST that a team other than Nebraska could challenge for the Big 12 North? (Ironically, it was 4 teams..and none wore red. But I digress).

And in the snap of a finger…with the flicker of a camera, the sharks rose again. Once Tom Osborne was back in the fold, Husker media and Husker fans instantly turned against their own.

Suddenly, Bill Callahan was an idiot. An offensive scheme, which just four weeks earlier was unstoppable and ahead of it’s time, was suddenly deemed “too NFL” and “too big city.” Suddenly, Ralph Callahan found himself sprinting through the underbrush, looking to hide under any nook and cranny from the angry tribe that once adored him.

Just as in Lord of the flies, the forest is ablaze with hypocrisy. Imagine a daycare left unsupervised for a few hours. During that that time, the oldest child breaks toys, shatters windows, lights the carpet on fire and stabs the cat with a steak knife. Suddenly, the babysitter walks back through door, as the oldest child rushes to her leg screaming and crying, “I’m so glad you’re here…Look what they did!” That's about the only way I can explain it.

But wait...that’s not the crime. People become discontent with current staffs all the time. There is certainly nothing wrong with wanting change, especially in light of difficult circumstances. But where was the demand for change a month ago? Where were the assault Steve Pederson jokes? Where was the hatred and anger for Bill Callahan? Sure, there were some who disliked the regime from the beginning…but suddenly, as if the babysitter bolts into the room, you all (at once mind you), turn the spear on your own. And by “on your own”, I don’t even mean the coaches.

This Saturday, a team with ugly white helmets is going to play in front of 85,000 of their own fans…many of them hoping and begging for a poor performance. Out of the crowd, thousands will be on hand, simply to display their hatred toward their head coach. Players who were once cheered and adored for their “gutty outspokenness” like Corey McKeon, will be openly mocked..perhaps even booed. JC Keller will stand under center, in front of the entire state…a vast majority of them looking forward to the day where he no longer runs their team.

I have always found you to be phony and fraudulent. But now, you have sunk even lower than I imagined. Booing your own team? “Bill, you’re next” signs? Walkouts? Mocking and slandering players for their performance..despite the fact that they still have nearly ½ a season to play?

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I ask you to consider this thought: Did you ever think the “Greatest Fans in College Football” would collectively, abruptly and without malice turn on the very players to whom they cheered just weeks before? Is there anything more pathetic?

So to you, I ask that you spare leniency and convict the fans formerly known as “Husker Nation” for treason and contempt. Despite years of deceit, you have the power to convict. You have the ability to see through their veil charade that has lasted nearly four decades. For you see…if you can’t see the sickening hypocrisy of the “Classiest” fans in the nation…then you have no soul.

The prosecution rests.

somebody wanna give me a synopsis of this thing? I'm not gonna read all this. Too lazy.

Back