What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The all in one "Lets talk Nebraska thread"

I dunno.... I dont know if a move back to the old regime is the ticket.... former huskers on staff would be great.... TG I can live with I guess as long as HE picks his own staff not just the retreads from TO/solich days chosen by TO in a defacto way.

How about Pellini?

Former fusker. Plenty of fusker fans wanted him as HC the last go round. Now coaching a pretty decent LSU defense, and the fusker defense is leading their downfall right now. As an outsider I could see the fuskers getting excited about bringing him back... :huh:

I like TG but.... I dont want a Solich staffer as HC, FS was a failure, TO picked him and the staff, change was not made until it was far too late.

If I get a wish (which I dont) I want a Blackshirt back as DC or multiple Blackshirts on the D staff. Grant Winstrom, Scott Frost, multiple former NU greats that are sewing their seeds as coaches right now. Rathman, there are more. Gadowski... 25 min we will know more. this staff may remain intact (less Coz) for this season or longer??? I dont think it will but that still is a real possibility today.

Are Wistrom and Frost coaching now?

Are Wistrom and Frost coaching now?

yes both are. Wistrom is a HS coach in Mizzu and Frost is a DAC at northern Iowa.

Gill's staff is loaded with huskers, as is FS and there are many more out there I just dont have all the names popping into my head.

Last edited:
If I get a wish (which I dont) I want a Blackshirt back as DC or multiple Blackshirts on the D staff. Grant Winstrom, Scott Frost, multiple former NU greats that are sewing their seeds as coaches right now. Rathman, there are more. Gadowski...

Jason Peter, Christian Peter, Toniu Fonoti, Lawrence Phillips, Thunder Collins. Maybe they could find a spot for Eric Crouch if he can fit it into his busy new pro football schedule.... :lol:

How about Pellini?

Former fusker. Plenty of fusker fans wanted him as HC the last go round. Now coaching a pretty decent LSU defense, and the fusker defense is leading their downfall right now. As an outsider I could see the fuskers getting excited about bringing him back... :huh:

He is a possibility.... but if he is all that, why has he not been picked as a HC elsewhere yet? Is he more polished now? I would hope, scuttlebutt is he does not like to recruit and is a slob when in public as far as dress. allegedly he went on recruit visits in sweats while at NU???? what is true/false I dont know but I hear a bad thing for every good thing. As a DC I would be happy with him as long as there are living BS's on staff.

new rumor/leak TO has accepted an interim position as AD.

Jason Peter, Christian Peter, Toniu Fonoti, Lawrence Phillips, Thunder Collins. Maybe they could find a spot for Eric Crouch if he can fit it into his busy new pro football schedule.... :lol:
hey I WOULD LOVE CP or JP as a Def GA. I know they would play with heart for sure or they would go out behind the woodshed with either.

doubt the ladies of lincoln would love having CP back in town
He is sober and has been for some time. not to excuse him for what he did but everybody changes. he has admitted he was out of control. JP has battled addiction and almost died. Weak genes when it comes to drugs in that bloodline.

new rumor TO as AD, Dave Remmington ad AAD..... 5 min. players have been asked to be at the conf. BC might be gone is reason for this.... 4 min.... whoooooo hooooo

Last edited:
All this talk and not one mention of Dave Logan?

Shameful. The guy has all the tools necessary. He's won a high school state championship, does play by play work for an NFL team, and is a bank spokesman. What more could you ask for?

In fact, why don't they just hire him to be the AD/Head Coach/University President/Governor right now?

Dude has skillz.

new rumor TO as AD, Dave Remmington ad AAD..... 5 min. players have been asked to be at the conf. BC might be gone is reason for this.... 4 min.... whoooooo hooooo

The fusker faithful are going to mess their collective overalls when this is announced. However, Just remember who it was that hand picked old Slowpitch.

no staff changes. SP GONE! no interim announced To has been consulted. Nothing beyond SP gone is all we got. so speculation can continue to run wild.

Man, Perlman is getting some really tough questions, and getting a little defensive to boot.
and he should.... it is the most honest talk we have had as fans since 2003 when SP was hired. The walls need to come tumbling down and WE (the fans) need to be let back in. His ass has a lot to answer for since he signed the new SP contract.

From what I'm hearing at the end of the season Cally is going to be gone and Pelini is the #1 candidate. That's just what I read from someone who is very very good friends with one of the large boosters that was actually in the meeting this morning. I think Pelini will come back now that Pedersen is gone. Most of Husker Nation wanted him in the first place. We'll definately have a good defense again.

From what I'm hearing at the end of the season Cally is going to be gone and Pelini is the #1 candidate. That's just what I read from someone who is very very good friends with one of the large boosters that was actually in the meeting this morning. I think Pelini will come back now that Pedersen is gone. Most of Husker Nation wanted him in the first place. We'll definately have a good defense again.
there are so many rumors that you cant keep up with them. TO in, Remminton in, Coz out, players at conf.... none true yet. I heard the one big booster Cook wants his name taken off "his" practice facility being a SP guy? who knows. It is the first step of many, it is a good first step, it is a slow train to get back to the top IF NU can get back.... the climate is changing. The more parity the more southern schools get tougher. Look at the state of FL?.... But that is why we all love CFB right?

Did I hear right? 2.2 million dollar buyout for Pederson? Holy ****, that's a lot of coin, and they get to do it with Callahan in a few months.

there are so many rumors that you cant keep up with them. TO in, Remminton in, Coz out, players at conf.... none true yet. I heard the one big booster Cook wants his name taken off "his" practice facility being a SP guy? who knows. It is the first step of many, it is a good first step, it is a slow train to get back to the top IF NU can get back.... the climate is changing. The more parity the more southern schools get tougher. Look at the state of FL?.... But that is why we all love CFB right?

We'll probably know more in the next couple of days as more things come out. Isn't there supposed to be something on Wednesday as well??? :confused:

Did I hear right? 2.2 million dollar buyout for Pederson? Holy ****, that's a lot of coin, and they get to do it with Callahan in a few months.
and if you are a fan that pisses you off, thats why tickets continue to rise, a subsidy is garnered on season tics, its BS and I for one am a bit pissed the more he spoke, in fact I think he needs to go (Pearlman) the fans are getting bent over by dumb decissions.... 2.2 mil from a state with a population of 1.7 mil????? ****, IT PISSES ME OFF, **** HIM! he needs to resign.

and if you are a fan that pisses you off, thats why tickets continue to rise, a subsidy is garnered on season tics, its BS and I for one am a bit pissed the more he spoke, in fact I think he needs to go (Pearlman) the fans are getting bent over by dumb decissions.... 2.2 mil from a state with a population of 1.7 mil????? ****, IT PISSES ME OFF, **** HIM! he needs to resign.

Pearlman is the ****ing reason we are forking over that kind of cash. He gave Pedey the damn contract extension too early and then Pedey goes right along and give Cally one. ****ing waste of money!

Ok, stupid question from me, but I hopefully can be excused as I wasn´t able to follow CFB like others were for a while ... why did NU go away from the system that made them successful and why did they switch to a pro-style offense?

Pearlman is the ****ing reason we are forking over that kind of cash. He gave Pedey the damn contract extension too early and then Pedey goes right along and give Cally one. ****ing waste of money!

Must be fun playing with and wasting someone else´s money.

Ok, stupid question from me, but I hopefully can be excused as I wasn´t able to follow CFB like others were for a while ... why did NU go away from the system that made them successful and why did they switch to a pro-style offense?

Alot of people thought that the option was dead. I think the WCO is dead as well. You don't fool anyone with the multiple shifts that Cally likes to run. All it does is complicate things. I think the spread is the way to go these days. I realize though that the option is and will always be considered Nebraska football.

You guys also lost a big booster today. Dan Cook (whose family the nice indoor facility is named for) has sworn off the Huskers for their treatment of Peterson. Sounds like he might not be alone. Might be a little "house divided" thing.

Back