What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The fake punt from our own end.

It was in the 2nd half. Defense forced a fumble immediately afterward to save us. Otherwise, we would have been down 3 scores and it would have been over. It was either late 3rd or early 4th when we faked it.

It was in the 2nd half. Defense forced a fumble immediately afterward to save us. Otherwise, we would have been down 3 scores and it would have been over. It was either late 3rd or early 4th when we faked it.

Well that is good to know the D still has some fight in them. I just feel so sorry for the players. Too bad we didn't punt and then get the fumble so that we could have scored.

Oh well, I didnt see the game so I can't comment on what happened.

Remember how DiLallo and Hawkins were on the sideline behind the bench having a 1-on-1 chat and laughing it up earlier in the half? The next punt was the rugby style one that went nowhere (looked like an aborted fake). The one after that was the one DiLallo took off, iirc. I think you're right and Hawkins gave him the green light.

Maybe Hawk didn't think another stupendous 25 yard punt would do us much good.:huh:

So was this thing in the first half or second? I just keep hearing people say how stupid it was. If what you guys say is true, and they were talking it up on the sidelines beforehand, this sounds like one of the biggest bohnhead plays of the Hawk era.

I assume it lead to a Kstate TD after that?

And why do I get the impression that Valdez is trying to put out fires again after this loss? It seems like he tries to squash every negative thread after a horrible loss.

KSU turned it over right after that. But if Cody (The Savior) had been able to complete even a two yard pass in that series, DiLallo might have made it.:cool:

I don't care if you're waitiing for a block or what not - if you're getting the green light to fake a punt (especially out of YOUR OWN ENDZONE!) you better RUN YOUR ****ING A$$ OFF TO GET THE YARDS!

That lolly-gagging by Dilallo was disgraceful. And it'd be nice to see him kick a ball 40 yards more than just 1 out of every ten punts.

Going Deep...

I don't care if you're waitiing for a block or what not - if you're getting the green light to fake a punt (especially out of YOUR OWN ENDZONE!) you better RUN YOUR ****ING A$$ OFF TO GET THE YARDS!

That lolly-gagging by Dilallo was disgraceful. And it'd be nice to see him kick a ball 40 yards more than just 1 out of every ten punts.

Going Deep...

****ing lollygagger.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLMl0CLIDLg"]YouTube - Bull Durham's "Into the Shower" scene[/ame]

Remember how DiLallo and Hawkins were on the sideline behind the bench having a 1-on-1 chat and laughing it up earlier in the half? The next punt was the rugby style one that went nowhere (looked like an aborted fake). The one after that was the one DiLallo took off, iirc. I think you're right and Hawkins gave him the green light.

Is DiLallo #14? I saw that and I didn't know who 14 was....

Walrus....REP! I just spent the last 5 minutes laughing my a$$ off! Wish I'd remembered that scene and posted it before you!
:rofl2:

Maybe you oughta send that to Hawk. I think he needs a little help in the "motivational speaker" department.

Going Deep....

Walrus....REP! I just spent the last 5 minutes laughing my a$$ off! Wish I'd remembered that scene and posted it before you!
:rofl2:

Maybe you oughta send that to Hawk. I think he needs a little help in the "motivational speaker" department.

Going Deep....

Come on, man. Motivation is Hawkins' middle name.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLTJy2TKvGc"]YouTube - Peak Rhythms- Drum Team Building for Sports Teams! University of Colorado Football- Buffs- 2007[/ame]

I thought you took your ball and left? ****in puss.

nah. still here. sure that makes you happy.

:lol: You really don't contribute much. Never really noticed you until you started to come after me for some reason. oh well.

you really have a tough time moving on. i have.

Really? Is that why you still responded to my post?

I love how you bait me with your first post, then you say how you've moved on. Shouldn't you be splitting some threads in the pub mr Admin?

bait you ? Are you being serious ?

Now your the victim. Nice. :lol:

do you know what "context" means. as in my post was in context to you asking if we could change your allbuffs handle.

seriously that is all it was. wow.

Wow. You really believe that too. Sad. :sad1::lol:

Can one of you change the thread title to "chippy vs valdez" please?

re: Peak Rhythms

With any luck, after yesterday, maybe the CEO/Zen Master/whatever of Peak Rhythms will pull that promo off YouTube. I made it through the whole thing then puked. :puke:Then cried, :cry: then realized that at about the 4 minute mark when they were supposed to be "one drum" Hawk couldn't even keep the beat.

Says it all right there.

Going Deep....

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xavdkp_texas-am-yell-leaders-what-the-hell_sport

Maybe we won't be the complete laughing stocks. This is how the the Texas A&M Yell Leaders "psyched" themselves up for the KSU game - by touching their Tra-La-Las.
Wish I had the whole thing but the idiot yell leader who actually posted it on YouTube oulled it a couple of days ago after the TTU band got hold of it and prepared a rendition of Tra-La-La for the game yesterday.

Going Deep...

Uh, if we're even mentioned in the same breath as the freaks down in Collie Station, I'm gonna have issues.:cry:

Even mentioned? I think Coach Hawkins may be taking Colorado to that level.

I saw that Texas ran a fake-punt against Mizzou from midfield on their first or second possession. 4th and a long two, made 4-5 yards on it with a snap-back to a hefty running back, set as a single blocker, and the line plowed forward. It looked awfully easy, but that was against the lowly Tigers, not like the great Bill Snyder's Wildcats. Boy. I hate seeing "CU (2-5) KSU 5-3" in the line scores.

I missed most of the game (took my son to see "Love" in Vegas - great show).

I completely agree with BB - this going for it crap from deep in our territory is ridiculous. And if we are allowing Dilallo to think during a play, remember this is the guy who can't even get a punt off in normal time, that alone is enough to question the special teams coaching. Hopefully, "thinking" doesn't include when you're standing in your own end zone. Wow

Back