What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

the hype train has been derailed

Look at those goalposts move!

CU has beaten two P5 teams, and a rival G5 team in their 'lackluster' schedule. Suddenly it was 'expected' that they would win these games, even though many pundits claimed they wouldn't win more then 2 games.

Now it is wishcasting that they get shelled by USC and Oregon, and if they lose those games suddenly it shows the hype wasn't worth it.

So.much.goalpost.moving

Give the pundits a break, they've been going to therapy multiple times a week ever since the Nuggets swept the Lakers out of the playoffs a few months ago. They're still a bit fragile.

Nothing says the hype train is in trouble quite like New York Magazine deciding to publish an article on the Colorado football program to speculate that the hype train may not be sustainable.
Taylor Swift GIF by The Voice

Got to this sentence “the Colorado Buffaloes, historically one of the sorriest major college football programs in the country.” and stopped reading. I was like, this muther****er can suck it and he obviously has no idea what he’s talking about, ****ing piece of ****.
Full disclosure: I am not a baseball fan.

This dude is an East Coast, national mlb writer. The article wreaks of “…I don’t like change…” So on brand.

Does @absinthe write for New York Magazine?

The Deion Sanders Hype Train Is Probably About to Derail

Good thing someone set that guy straight in the comments.
I think I read the exact same article several times before the season started, except instead of Oregon favored by 21, it was TCU, also favored by 21 who would be ending the hype train. And then I read the same article again where Nebraska and their big boy defense and O-line would end the hype. Oh, and if we beat Oregon, this guy will write the same thing about USC and that Oregon was overrated. Nothing is enough, goalposts keep moving for these a-hole writers.

I'd like this writer to define "Flash" as it relates to our team and why it's bad. Is "Flash" a good QB who puts up big numbers? Yes! Is that substance and 100% necessary to win? What about a walk-on TE who converted from WR a few weeks ago? But he doesn't know want to know about that. He's using it a dog whistle rather than an actual logical football argument. And he seems to imply that Prime doesn't want to have a fundamentally sound team, that he'd rather have social media warriors that somehow get lucky on the field. I'm sure Prime would have gotten bigger and better OL and DL players if they were available. But they comin', no doubt!

His calling Colorado football so moribund that Prime is certainly going to leave doesn't seem to have any credibility. And why would anyone else want to hire such a horrible coach who's about to lose continuously? Or is because Colorado is fundamentally moribund that we can never win? He seems to think that KD has been coaching for 50 years and infected the whole state. Prime is just getting comfortable. The last thing he wants to do is prove theses asshole to be correct.

Does @absinthe write for New York Magazine?

The Deion Sanders Hype Train Is Probably About to Derail

Good thing someone set that guy straight in the comments.
I do not - so much in the bigoted history of sports that he fails to reinforce that I would have acknowledged. The story is far more profound than his hype. I mean, for **** sake, not even one mention of how CP should be at Auburn if it wasn't for the endemic racism of that school and the SEC.

Back