What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

the hype train has been derailed

That didn't age too well.

Well on one side we have my complaining about us getting schooled at the time by little brother, in a game on national TV, as 23-point favorites, after we lost our best player to a cheap shot and needed a hero drive (that happened after my post) to save face.

on the other side we have your Tad Boyle takes.

**** off

Well on one side we have my complaining about us getting schooled at the time by little brother, in a game on national TV, as 23-point favorites, after we lost our best player to a cheap shot and needed a hero drive (that happened after my post) to save face.

**** off

You and 136 other cork-up-their-ass old farts are worried about a tree and missing the whole freaking national forest.

**** off
You missed the biggest point here.

This was the most immediately effective reverse bwalk jinx I've ever seen. We should all be thankful to absinthe for what he did in this thread.

No. Doom is inevitable. But it was forestalled for one more game. It comes.
hold on tight GIF by You've Been Framed!

we need to get 3+ more wins this season. the hype train has been crazy and there will almost certainly be a correction with losses likely ahead of us.

but, remember how bad our program was just last season. top to bottom failure and an inability to compete. this is going to be a weird season-- we have some guys that can singlehandedly steal a game. and we also have some glaring weaknesses that allow teams to exploit us.

in my perfect world, we somehow manage a split of the next 2. that would keep the train on the rails.
It is pretty funny when people that know I’m a CU fan ask if I think we can win the conference and/or get to the playoffs. When I respond with “I’m just hoping for a bowl game” they are shocked.

F^ck you. So tired of that Sh!t. You’re the worst generation of entitled pussies the world has ever seen. “Boomers” have forgotten more than you’ll ever know. GFY.

THE greatest generation. Gen X in the mutha****in’ hoooouuusse!

I will never be upset with a win. Winning is hard.

Kind of thinking this one served as a wake-up call.
Again - it’s CSU. Weird **** happens. Just look at the SEC this week if you (the royal you) needs to feel better about this win.

Hey Everyone---My goodness. Calm down . Did anyone reasonably predict 3-0 three weeks ago? I didn't. I was lose to TCU, and win Nubs and CSU. The CSU part was harder than predicted, but who cares? 3-0. Fvck those cheap-shotting Rams. This is the most fun season since 2016.
Actually, yes.

Also, I’m glad Oregon is happening when it is. Team is pumped, it’s early in the season where depth isn’t quite as big an issue yet, and Oregon is still figuring their **** out.

It's true. He has 'it' and a QB that does can never be counted out.
I, OTOH, do not have it. I’ve been looking for it but haven’t been able to find it. I still believe it lingers somewhere deep within me and all I have to do is bring it out. I go to the driving range and believe I’ve found it but then I play a round and it is nowhere to be found. I have no idea where it went.

Does @absinthe write for New York Magazine?

The Deion Sanders Hype Train Is Probably About to Derail

Good thing someone set that guy straight in the comments.
This guy is so wrong. The hype train is just getting started! These people don’t get that IF we lose to Oregon and SC, it’s not going to derail the trajectory we’re on. CP has been coach for 3 games only. He isn’t going to go undefeated in year 1. No one expected that. No one expected us to be 3-0 either.

Just wait until next year after CP hits the portal again and fills in the holes we have in the roster. He also hasn’t even had a full recruiting cycle yet. Imagine what kind of class he’s going to get. Good things are coming to the Buffs!

I, OTOH, do not have it. I’ve been looking for it but haven’t been able to find it. I still believe it lingers somewhere deep within me and all I have to do is bring it out. I go to the driving range and believe I’ve found it but then I play a round and it is nowhere to be found. I have no idea where it went.
And that is why you are not #1 on the PGA tour.

Focus, drive, talent, instinct, desire, training and the ability to rise in the face of adversity are just some of the things that I was lumping into "IT". It is the difference between a journeyman PGA tour player and say someone like Tiger Woods. You can't get there without the raw talent, but you don't have 'IT' just because you have the talent.

I know you were playing around with my post, but I just wanted to expand on what I was trying to say

Reactions: DBT
Again - it’s CSU. Weird **** happens. Just look at the SEC this week if you (the royal you) needs to feel better about this win.
And it was more than just CSU. We see teams have letdown games after big wins time and time again.

These kids are still learning to play together and play for CP while adjusting to the media spotlight he brings. They jump right into the pre-season hype, the emotional high of that TCU win, then go directly into rivalry week against Nebraska, the high of another big win and rivalry week 2.0 against CSU, all while GameDay has a seemingly permanent position on campus, 60 Minutes is in town, etc. That's a lot for anyone to deal with, and I'm actually proud of how well the team did.

It's probably a good thing they had a bit of a letdown game and now get to go on the road in what is basically their first "normal" week. I think we'll see a different team step onto the field, especially early.

And that is why you are not #1 on the PGA tour.

Focus, drive, talent, instinct, desire, training and the ability to rise in the face of adversity are just some of the things that I was lumping into "IT". It is the difference between a journeyman PGA tour player and say someone like Tiger Woods. You can't get there without the raw talent, but you don't have 'IT' just because you have the talent.

I know you were playing around with my post, but I just wanted to expand on what I was trying to say
Dammit!

Does @absinthe write for New York Magazine?

The Deion Sanders Hype Train Is Probably About to Derail

Good thing someone set that guy straight in the comments.
Look at those goalposts move!

CU has beaten two P5 teams, and a rival G5 team in their 'lackluster' schedule. Suddenly it was 'expected' that they would win these games, even though many pundits claimed they wouldn't win more then 2 games.

Now it is wishcasting that they get shelled by USC and Oregon, and if they lose those games suddenly it shows the hype wasn't worth it.

So.much.goalpost.moving

Look at those goalposts move!

CU has beaten two P5 teams, and a rival G5 team in their 'lackluster' schedule. Suddenly it was 'expected' that they would win these games, even though many pundits claimed they wouldn't win more then 2 games.

Now it is wishcasting that they get shelled by USC and Oregon, and if they lose those games suddenly it shows the hype wasn't worth it.

So.much.goalpost.moving
Funny how beating the national championship runner-up narrative has been completely changed. TCU hasn’t lost since.

Back