What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The KD Plan (Endorsed by RG)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
This seems to be setting up as:

1. Over the course of 2 years as allowed by finances, get rid of all assistants from former HCs to go into year 3 with a staff that is fully his own.

2. Over the course of 3 years, which may extend to 4 with that Covid +1 year of eligibility, get rid of all players signed by previous staffs (Buff legacies & CO guys excepted).

3. Give Turley's S&C program (designed as a 3- or 4-year build, not for a quick fix), an opportunity to develop KD's guys.

4. Similar to #3, give KD's coaching staff which emphasizes teaching over recruiting the 3 years it needs to build his guys up.

We're only getting started with the rebuild, folks. This was the first year KD's been able to make in-home visits in recruiting. This is Turley's first full offseason. This is the first year it will be KD's coaching staff.

KD and RG truly look at 2022 as the real Year One of this era. This means that 2024 is the year that program trajectory will really start to matter in the win column. It means that if RG can sell "improvement" by then that KD will be in line for an extension so that RG won't have to hire another HC prior to his potential 2026 retirement. It's all about stability and commitment to true Buffs.

I strongly believe that this is The Plan based on the available evidence.

So I would advise to either find a way to embrace this in the interest of your mental health or to find something else to occupy your mind the next 4 years in the interest of your mental health.

Go Buffs

I'm going with option 2. I'll remain heavily invested in Men's BB, probably will increase my interest in Women's BB, potentially getting season tickets. My interest in Football will mainly be laughing at the dumpster fire. My family is not renewing our season tickets. We may keep our off campus tailgating spot because that group of people, the food and drinks has been the best part of my Saturday for many years now.

abe-simpson-gif.gif

Nik, I have said this before. Please step up and stop this nonsense, just as you did a decade ago. We beg you.

I’ve come to believe that this is the idea and of course has disastrous potential. We hit rock bottom this year, KD slowly build his way out and gets 6-7 wins in 2024 thereby being hailed a savior and getting a big extension and thats probably our high water mark for the next ten years.

The only bright side is that the staff hires do appear to be solid and our recruiting has sucked so bad in the last 10 years that this class is somehow one of the better ones during that time.

I’ve come to believe that this is the idea and of course has disastrous potential. We hit rock bottom this year, KD slowly build his way out and gets 6-7 wins in 2024 thereby being hailed a savior and getting a big extension and thats probably our high water mark for the next ten years.

The only bright side is that the staff hires do appear to be solid and our recruiting has sucked so bad in the last 10 years that this class is somehow one of the better ones during that time.
I just don’t see KD building this lot into a bowl team. His trajectories at UCLA and CU show that he erodes programs, not builds them.

Number 4 is going to get a lot of people fired. Hopefully that happens during a winless 2022 campaign and not following the 2023 campaign.

I am so done with CU football. The Schadenfreude, which I will keep to myself, is going to run deep.

sucks, but after 2 consecutive disaster seasons hopefully RG and KD get fired simultaneously

at which point we'll probably never recover

FYI - my statement about needing to show improvement in 2024 needs to be understood within the context of reality. "The Plan" is another decade of KD and they will find any excuse and reason to justify extending.

I just don’t see KD building this lot into a bowl team. His trajectories at UCLA and CU show that he erodes programs, not builds them.
They may have a plan, a great plan.

In college football it doesn't matter how good your plan is without having a person with a passion in charge of making it happen.

I have no question that KD is a good man, even with some blunders and outburst of emotion like pushing the cameraman. I also have no question that he is intelligent and knows football.

What I have seen though with his results at UCLA and the way he handled himself there, with his results and manner here, that he doesn't have the passion including the willingness to break his butt doing the things he doesn't like including recruiting, including doing what it takes to connect to his players on a personal level.

The best indicator of the lack of passion is his lack of advancement in the NFL from a position coach to a coordinator position even if it is as a passing game or running game coordinator.

We have seen coaches who weren't great tacticians succeed because they motivated, they sold a vision and a mission even when that vision and mission weren't up to the level of their competition because they out worked and out motivated that competition. We are the opposite of that. I see no passion for recruiting, no passion for creating a team out of a bunch of guys who came here.

Sadly that passion isn't something that coaches suddenly find.

If that is the plan, RG and Dorrell don't make it past this year when attendance is at an all time low, the team is getting abused by 40 pts a game, any semblance of talent bolts for the portal and the usual football revenue becomes a liability where the athletic department is requesting institutional funds to stay afloat.

I project RG, LC and Dorrell (his son in tow) are Audi 500 in December 2022.

1. Over the course of 2 years as allowed by finances, get rid of all assistants from former HCs to go into year 3 with a staff that is fully his own.

2. Over the course of 3 years, which may extend to 4 with that Covid +1 year of eligibility, get rid of all players signed by previous staffs (Buff legacies & CO guys excepted).

3. Give Turley's S&C program (designed as a 3- or 4-year build, not for a quick fix), an opportunity to develop KD's guys.

4. Similar to #3, give KD's coaching staff which emphasizes teaching over recruiting the 3 years it needs to build his guys up.

We're only getting started with the rebuild, folks. This was the first year KD's been able to make in-home visits in recruiting. This is Turley's first full offseason. This is the first year it will be KD's coaching staff.

KD and RG truly look at 2022 as the real Year One of this era. This means that 2024 is the year that program trajectory will really start to matter in the win column. It means that if RG can sell "improvement" by then that KD will be in line for an extension so that RG won't have to hire another HC prior to his potential 2026 retirement. It's all about stability and commitment to true Buffs.

So I would advise to either find a way to embrace this in the interest of your mental health or to find something else to occupy your mind the next 4 years in the interest of your mental health.

Go Buffs
Sounds like a plan straight out of the 80s. The anti whats happening now plan.

KD is definitely NOT running off players he didn’t recruit on purpose. That’s not his plan, but he does seem ok with it.

Clearly Rick is giving KD a long leash. Seems like KD is more interested in winning in 2024 with no regard to Ws in 2022. Improvement in 2023, competitive in ‘24.

KD is definitely NOT running off players he didn’t recruit on purpose. That’s not his plan, but he does seem ok with it.
Exactly.

What the OP describes is complete patience over 5-6 years for him to have his guys in and developed.

With inherited players, they're fine as long as they have complete buy-in and loyalty as true Buffs.

Go Buffs
Is this one of them Reddit-style ****posts?

Well with my son entering high school next year it will be the perfect time for the buffs to suck as I won't have time to go to many games. Maybe we will start to get good again when he goes to college.

Back