What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Official Colorado v Nibblets BBall Game Thread - FACT!

Probably wouldn't hurt to replace "field" with "court" for basketball games. Otherwise, it's pretty much perfect.

We have the best damn fight song in the world.

VT sings the "hokie pokie", UVA sings a version of Auld Lang Syne with the line "Where all is bright and gay" in it. KU's "Rock Chalk" and "waving the wheat" are among the dumbest traditions i've ever seen. KSU doing the Wabash and their little "K-S-U Wilcatsssss!" **** is terrible, and who the hell knows what some of these schools in the Pac do.

Agree, our fight song is killer. Other schools' traditions in the big 12 suck. The Wheat thing is pretty gay, and I would want to punch everyone around me if I had to do the "That's good for another KSU...... FIRSTDOWN!" God, I hate that nonsense. Oklahoma needs more than 4 measures of music to play, Tech's gun fingers is pretty dumb, Missouri doesn't know how to spell their own name, and is Iowa State really a big 12 school?

While I'm at it, the Baylor bear is held in a tiny area and is never allowed out, the longhorn just stands there and looks dumb (I didn't even know it was alive the first time I was at that stadium), the dogs are dead, and T. Boone Pickens needs a hobby.

And then there's Nebraska....I can do this pretty simply, F**k them and the siblings they rode in on.

Conclusion: CU >> Big 12

1. Your handle is lame.
2. You have some good points.
3. Don't you EVER, EVER, EVER talk **** about the fight song again. 99% of the teams in college football would KILL for a fight song as cool as ours. And yes, saying it is "ok" is talking **** about it.

I like the Fight song, I was just saying we need more.

Cameron and the Comcast Center are about the only two places that will be loud as hell consistently.

Maryland had to work hard to make the Comcast Center hold noise. When they designed it, they took all that stuff in to consideration to make the noise also center onto the court. They also have it so the seats behind the visitors 2nd half basket is steper than the other side, to make it "more opposing" to the visitors. Its pretty intersting, I remember reading a article when they build the comcast center about how they built it to make it as tough of a place to play as they could. And how to also make butt loads of money.

Maryland had to work hard to make the Comcast Center hold noise. When they designed it, they took all that stuff in to consideration to make the noise also center onto the court. They also have it so the seats behind the visitors 2nd half basket is steper than the other side, to make it "more opposing" to the visitors. Its pretty intersting, I remember reading a article when they build the comcast center about how they built it to make it as tough of a place to play as they could. And how to also make butt loads of money.

that's interesting. i remember when the Terps played their last season in Cole Fieldhouse. one of those airplane hanger type designs. funky old gym. it would never, never happen but one of the national hoops writers wrote a column a few years ago that had the NCAA (at least the first rounds) in classic old arenas like Butler, smaller venues instead of the morgue like atmosphere of many NCAA games. i went to the Final Four in 2003 at the Superdome and NO was a blast, but the arena sucks out loud for basketball. we had decent seats but it was like sitting in the top row at the Pepsi Center. like ants on the court.

"similar"
"intimidating"

I know that it is lame to point out things like this, but, holy crap, if you are going to use words more than once in your post, check the spelling. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that "croud" is just a typo, even though the u on my keyboard is nowhere near the w. :bang:

Oh, and what Snow said.

grammartimef.gif

that's interesting. i remember when the Terps played their last season in Cole Fieldhouse. one of those airplane hanger type designs. funky old gym. it would never, never happen but one of the national hoops writers wrote a column a few years ago that had the NCAA (at least the first rounds) in classic old arenas like Butler, smaller venues instead of the morgue like atmosphere of many NCAA games. i went to the Final Four in 2003 at the Superdome and NO was a blast, but the arena sucks out loud for basketball. we had decent seats but it was like sitting in the top row at the Pepsi Center. like ants on the court.

Cole Fieldhouse was one tough place to play. Gary Williams fought vehemently against the move - wanted a revamped CFH.

Cole Fieldhouse was one tough place to play. Gary Williams fought vehemently against the move - wanted a revamped CFH.

Cole Fieldhouse was definatly a much cooler place to play, it was right on campus, just had that old school feeling to it. Comcast is like going to a pro game in comparison. I think most people would have much prefered Cole over Comcast, but the powers that be went for the big pay checks instead. I think the capasity was greatly increased as well when they went to Comcast.

Back