What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The players have given up on the year

Trump's Eunuch

I'm 6'4" and "own a gym" (not in my basement)
UCLA was 90% on the players. Onu was lollygagging a handful of plays, as were other players but he was most notable to me. Dropped passes, same dumbass penalties on offense and Stefanu missing a 23 yard kick. The players are going through the motions it's painfully obvious

I‘ve about given up on believing we are ever going to be good again. After nearly twenty years this just seems to be what the Buffs are now. It doesn’t help that I think you’d be hard pressed to find a more snakebit program.

I‘ve about given up on believing we are ever going to be good again. After nearly twenty years this just seems to be what the Buffs are now. It doesn’t help that I think you’d be hard pressed to find a more snakebit program.

Im not asking to be consistently ranked-just give me a team that finds its way into third tier bowls (at least) consistently and has a 2016 every once in a while. We've somehow regressed. Depth definitely is part of it, but you're kidding yourself if you don't think this staff hasn't had an effect on it.

Im not asking to be consistently ranked-just give me a team that finds its way into third tier bowls (at least) consistently and has a 2016 every once in a while. We've somehow regressed. Depth definitely is part of it, but you're kidding yourself if you don't think this staff hasn't had an effect on it.

It’s kind of hard to believe that The Buffs were a consistently higher-ranked team, even though it was in the earlier half of my lifetime. When all that stuff went down with GB. It seemed like CU Football and the CU admin gave itself a self-imposed death penalty.

Years after the roar and snuffing out of the fire, it’s just frustrating to see teams that were upside down for generations, compete on a more consistent and competitive level than the Buffs have been late in the Big12 years and the entire Pac12 tenure. 2016 being the exception.

2016 remains a complete mystery to me, given the season records that the Buffs had in the season(s) leading up. Yes, it was a senior dominated team -especially defensively. The kids were tired of being a doormat for the conference. Players were motivated and held each other accountable. The seniors on this year’s team should have learned and instilled this culture as Freshmen In 2016. It seemed the only one that played with the same motivation and intensity after 2016 was Phillip Lindsay, maybe a few other players.

Playing at such a level definitely took it out of them. It looked as if they were running out of steam in the final two or three games of the regular season, and were out of their element in the P12C and Alamo bowl. It does show what a team that truly wants to win can do...and it baffles me why this year’s team, or last year’s team, or 2017’s team couldn’t impose that same will amongst themselves and the opponent of each week?

I dont think the players have quit yet. I think they are like us fans... a little shell shocked. I think they also expected more especially in the win column but see time running out now. Every game counts in college football.
This fits.

They haven't quit but their confidence is shot, they are expecting bad things to happen.

Lots of us had hopes for miracles this season but the in the back of our minds we knew or should have known that to get to a bowl everything would have to go right and we would have to play well above our talent.

My interest level in this year has dropped a lot. Usually I watch every game then I go back and watch it once or even twice more looking for specific thihgs (line play, off the ball play.) Now I do watch the game through but my focus is lower and I'm not rewatching this stuff.

My sense is though that Mel hasn't lost the team. They still respect him and believe in him. They know as well though that they don't match up in talent.

I fully expect next season to see a team come in with a higher level of focus. What we need is for a new generation of leaders to step forward in the roster who don't accept the losing that our current upper class seems to expect and be fine with. Losing some of the seniors will be addition by subtraction and if the recruiting class turns out like we hope we will also be seeing an upgrade in talent with the turnover.

Give Montez the Stanford game to get his TD pass record and then SIT HIM for the rest of the season. Stenstrom and Lytle need experience going into next year period. Unless Tucker has already bet the farm on the new kid (Jenkins) coming in as a true RPO threat and taking the starting job, it makes no sense to continue with the status quo at QB. It will take half the year for the new QB to get comfortable in 2020...why not cut that down and get them actual game reps now.

Give Montez the Stanford game to get his TD pass record and then SIT HIM for the rest of the season. Stenstrom and Lytle need experience going into next year period. Unless Tucker has already bet the farm on the new kid (Jenkins) coming in as a true RPO threat and taking the starting job, it makes no sense to continue with the status quo at QB. It will take half the year for the new QB to get comfortable in 2020...why not cut that down and get them actual game reps now.
Need to start getting a lot more than just the QBs game experience. We have a lot of young guys who will be or may be part of the future of this program. Even if they will never be starters they will be guys who we may count on when guys get hurt. Nothing gets a guy ready to play real action like playing real action.

I am also a believer that college players deserve the opportunity to get some playing time as long as they are working hard and it doesn't hurt the team to do so. Getting more guys playing time is good for team attitude and keeps them more interested in all the off season work.

Jenkins?

I have a criticism for Tucker related to the idea of having different Captains each week? Would love to hear his complete reasoning for it, but I sense it does not help create true leadership! KD is supposedly a leader, but when he is not chosen a weekly captain, he seems pissy. I get the idea of adding one captain a week as production incentives, but lock in 3-4 regular captains!!!

Landman (def)
Onu (old man)
Bisharat (ST)
Nixon (off)

maybe MT has his reasons, but not something I have seen work in my coaching experience.

I don’t think anyone has given up, we just aren’t as good as the other teams. Why would they give up? Can’t we just agree that it’s a talent problem, coupled with lack of great coaching?

It’s kind of hard to believe that The Buffs were a consistently higher-ranked team, even though it was in the earlier half of my lifetime. When all that stuff went down with GB. It seemed like CU Football and the CU admin gave itself a self-imposed death penalty.

Years after the roar and snuffing out of the fire, it’s just frustrating to see teams that were upside down for generations, compete on a more consistent and competitive level than the Buffs have been late in the Big12 years and the entire Pac12 tenure. 2016 being the exception.

2016 remains a complete mystery to me, given the season records that the Buffs had in the season(s) leading up. Yes, it was a senior dominated team -especially defensively. The kids were tired of being a doormat for the conference. Players were motivated and held each other accountable. The seniors on this year’s team should have learned and instilled this culture as Freshmen In 2016. It seemed the only one that played with the same motivation and intensity after 2016 was Phillip Lindsay, maybe a few other players.

Playing at such a level definitely took it out of them. It looked as if they were running out of steam in the final two or three games of the regular season, and were out of their element in the P12C and Alamo bowl. It does show what a team that truly wants to win can do...and it baffles me why this year’s team, or last year’s team, or 2017’s team couldn’t impose that same will amongst themselves and the opponent of each week?
2016 was not a big shock, in both 2014 and 2015 the Buffs lost a number of very close games (4 losses by 5 pts or less in ‘14, including two double-OTs; 4 losses by 6 pts or less in 2015). They were due some favorable outcomes, besides having an experienced group.

Why does he deserve the record?

MT isn't DH, and shouldn't give him the record "just for being here"

I have a criticism for Tucker related to the idea of having different Captains each week? Would love to hear his complete reasoning for it, but I sense it does not help create true leadership! KD is supposedly a leader, but when he is not chosen a weekly captain, he seems pissy. I get the idea of adding one captain a week as production incentives, but lock in 3-4 regular captains!!!

Landman (def)
Onu (old man)
Bisharat (ST)
Nixon (off)

maybe MT has his reasons, but not something I have seen work in my coaching experience.
He, nor the team, had no basis on which to choose captains at the beginning of the year. I expect them to select season captains in 2020. I hope they do not select captains after the year ends this year, as previously planned.

Random question: How do you guys watch film? the tv cameras show where the ball goes, so it's hard to watch the line play, etc??

Nebr. says hello :cry:
The best part of the past few Nebraska seasons for me has been that the Nebraska fans can see how the rest of majority of fans have to feel many years. And maybe stop firing coaches that win nine games because they’re are not good enough’.

I dont think the players have quit yet. I think they are like us fans... a little shell shocked. I think they also expected more especially in the win column but see time running out now. Every game counts in college football.
After calming down post UCLA I believe this to be true

I don't think the players have given up like a Salt Lake City sports radio host thinks.

The best part of the past few ****braska seasons for me has been that the ****braska fans can see how the rest of majority of fans have to feel many years. And maybe stop firing coaches that win nine games because they’re are not good enough’.
For me the best part of the Nebraska situation is that this time they have their savior, they have a guy who was seen as "the" hot coaching prospect nationally, a guy who had huge success at his prior stop, a guy who is also a part of the "family" and a part of their history. And that none of this changes the fact that they are no longer relevant much less a power. They got all the things they though would bring them back and yet they just keep sliding backwards.

It isn't just one coach and staff that have failed, it isn't just one roster of players or one group of recruiting classes. They are starting to realize that this isn't temporary, this isn't one hire from going away.

Back