What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Rammies

No it wont. CU went from 1-10 to 11-1 in 5 years and it can happen again. If you saw our freshmen lineman making pancake blocks in in their first games, you would see why our Line will be dominant in a couple years. Oh ya and it's a good possibility that Jon Major and Darrell Scott will be in this recruiting class.

I wish I could believe that.

I wish I could believe that.

Gotta believe brotha, gotta believe. It might not happen, but did you think we would be national champions in 8 years after losing back to back games to Drake? And college football is so much different now than it was then, it's easier for alomst any program to be turned around.

Gotta believe brotha, gotta believe. It might not happen, but did you think we would be national champions in 8 years after losing back to back games to Drake? And college football is so much different now than it was then, it's easier for alomst any program to be turned around.

True, gotta start somewhere. A bowl game this year would be a nice step in the right direction. The team is definitely improving and the young talent is hard to miss. Hopefully Major and Scott come aboard and really get this thing going.

True, gotta start somewhere. A bowl game this year would be a nice step in the right direction. The team is definitely improving and the young talent is hard to miss. Hopefully Major and Scott come aboard and really get this thing going.

I do admit it is a long shot, but I too will just be happy seing this team being a solid year in year out 7-10 win team. That would make me happy.

Dude, you are really pumped over the Miami OH win, arent ya.

PS - It will take 7-10 years to get to where LSU is. Best case scenario

No way it will take that long. CU was 3-8 in 2000 and came within a whisker of playing for the national title the very next year. We talking dog years here or what? :smile2:

That usually leads to a coaching change. At which point they could hire any number of people such as George O'Leary, Mike Price, or Joe Glenn. Becareful what you wish for.

They mentioned Bo Pelini, Charlie Strong, Steve Sarkisian, and others on their board this weekend.:lol:

No way it will take that long. CU was 3-8 in 2000 and came within a whisker of playing for the national title the very next year. We talking dog years here or what? :smile2:

It takes more than one good year for a program to be put in the league of LSU. Thats my point.

They mentioned Bo Pelini, Charlie Strong, Steve Sarkisian, and others on their board this weekend.:lol:

****, NU fans are wishing they had held on to Pelini about now...

And their AD wouldn't even give him a real interview.:smile2:

Urban Meyer, Jim Tressell and Mack Brown I guess would be out of the picture for CSU.. :lol:

Other than TCU, the best way to build a small-budget program is through an offensive minded coach.. They seem to have the most success at that level..

You guys are listening to Hawk a little to much, you sound just like him:thumbsup:

I know I'm in the minority of Buff fans, but it bugs me to see the rammies lose. Well, it bugs me a wee bit. I really think that it may be time for Lubick to step down. I know they'll never fire him. But I, for one, believe that a good CSU is good for CU. I also pull for kids from the state. It isn't their fault that they aren't good enough for CU. :wink2:

DBT, I'm with you on this one. Screw 'em when they play CU.
But I cheer for CSU out of respect for my friends who went there. I've had a good time or two in Ft. Fun. No reason to hold a grudge.

Otherwise, it's a state pride thing. I'd much rather see any team from Colorado beat a team from any other state. This goes for arena football, soccer, any of the majors. I'd even cheer on a Colorado kid in a spelling bee.

DBT, I'm with you on this one. Screw 'em when they play CU.
But I cheer for CSU out of respect for my friends who went there. I've had a good time or two in Ft. Fun. No reason to hold a grudge.

Otherwise, it's a state pride thing. I'd much rather see any team from Colorado beat a team from any other state. This goes for arena football, soccer, any of the majors. I'd even cheer on a Colorado kid in a spelling bee.

I don't have any friends who went to csu so I don't need to respect **** so screw csu :wink2:

I don't have any friends who went to csu so I don't need to respect **** so screw csu :wink2:

But think of all the people who do work for you that went there. The guy who picks up the trash every Monday morning, the bus boy that cleans you table, the lady who drives the school bus......

But think of all the people who do work for you that went there. The guy who picks up the trash every Monday morning, the bus boy that cleans you table, the lady who drives the school bus......

Those are all *ebraska grads.

I know I'm in the minority of Buff fans, but it bugs me to see the rammies lose. Well, it bugs me a wee bit. I really think that it may be time for Lubick to step down. I know they'll never fire him. But I, for one, believe that a good CSU is good for CU. I also pull for kids from the state. It isn't their fault that they aren't good enough for CU. :wink2:

I use to root for the Rams many years ago but After Sonny Lubick's MF bombs after the 1999 game I had no respect for him as a person. He really set in motion the "It is okay to hate CU" idea. Many of their fans have acted like total jerks over the years...I think those hate CU more than they like CSU. So I don't feel sorry for Sonny or the Jerky fans.

I do feel bad for the players and both of the True Blue CSU fans.

With the exception of being off about the how close the CU/CSU game was we are right on track....:wink2:

Lammie demise

I'm tired of the years of free passes they got from the press. Time for them to suck and take it up the ass for a few years from Jizzla and co. My prediction: the next >.500 lammie team will be in 2011. :thumbsup:

I don't hate CSU. CSU is a complete nonfactor in my life unless they are playing spoiler to my Buffs (in that case they can go to hell and die). During the rest of the season I could not possibly give less of a crap about how they are doing.

I use to root for the Rams many years ago but After Sonny Lubick's MF bombs after the 1999 game I had no respect for him as a person. He really set in motion the "It is okay to hate CU" idea.

I don't recall that incident, but this past August the chip on his shoulder was pretty evident when he said on live radio in his whiny voice "I don't know how the hell that game got moved to Boulder for those 2 years...."

Get over it Sonny.

Back