What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Rams

So did Newport and Dubya really get the perma-boot? That's almost too good to be true.

I guess. 80s has been trying his hardest to make up in their absence. I admit it is kinda nice to have some decent discussions on the GDB now.

Even so - I think most CSU fans would agree that this season is far from a 1 game season. Honestly, I would trade a win in the RMS this season for a win over either BYU, TCU, or Utah in a heartbeat. Especially after the sh!t BYU pulled this offseason.

And while I am thinking about it....dply. If EVER there was a year where the RMS game amounted to a 1 game season for Buffs' fans rather than Rams' Fans...this is certainly the year. Dan Hawkins came to CU with as much hype and promise as you could possibly have. Now he is literally 1 game-1 CSU loss away from having his fate completely sealed. If Hawkins loses this game there is no recovery and there is no "get out jail free" card. It is over. This 2010 RMS is the biggest game of Hawkins' CU career because of what is at stake. In the grand scheme of things it is actually stunning to think that it has gotten to that point.

Last edited:
And while I am thinking about it....dply. If EVER there was a year where the RMS game amounted to a 1 game season for Buffs' fans rather than Rams' Fans...this is certainly the year. Dan Hawkins came to CU with as much hype and promise as you could possibly have. Now he is literally 1 game-1 CSU loss away from having his fate completely sealed. If Hawkins loses this game there is no recovery and there is no "get out jail free" card. It is over. This 2010 RMS is the biggest game of Hawkins' CU career because of what is at stake. In the grand scheme of things it is actually stunning to think that it has gotten this point.

yep

And while I am thinking about it....dply. If EVER there was a year where the RMS game amounted to a 1 game season for Buffs' fans rather than Rams' Fans...this is certainly the year. Dan Hawkins came to CU with as much hype and promise as you could possibly have. Now he is literally 1 game-1 CSU loss away from having his fate completely sealed. If Hawkins loses this game there is no recovery and there is no "get out jail free" card. It is over. This 2010 RMS is the biggest game of Hawkins' CU career because of what is at stake. In the grand scheme of things it is actually stunning to think that it has gotten that point.

i agree. however his fate would rest on beating any nonbcs team that went 3-9 the year before.

i agree. however his fate would rest on beating any nonbcs team that went 3-9 the year before.

I agree to a point. Although I think if he were to lose to say Hawaii in the opener and still be able to go out and beat CSU a couple of top tier Big 12 teams to make a bowl, he might be able to survive. However, lose to CSU, in Week 1 and I think the bottom would absolutely fall out - even if he were somehow able to recover and make a bowl game. CU fans may understate the RMS' importance, but they absolutely HATE to lose that game.

Last edited:
And while I am thinking about it....dply. If EVER there was a year where the RMS game amounted to a 1 game season for Buffs' fans rather than Rams' Fans...this is certainly the year. Dan Hawkins came to CU with as much hype and promise as you could possibly have. Now he is literally 1 game-1 CSU loss away from having his fate completely sealed. If Hawkins loses this game there is no recovery and there is no "get out jail free" card. It is over. This 2010 RMS is the biggest game of Hawkins' CU career because of what is at stake. In the grand scheme of things it is actually stunning to think that it has gotten to that point.

I agree and that makes me sad.

CSquared is fine by me. Posters like BeerFight and 80s are the issue at Ramnation.

I didn't say Csquared is an ass or anything. I don't know the guy but admire his unflagging devotion to the team he supports.

What I said was he regularly comes over here and ends up fighting battles by his lonesome. It's sort of the Internet version of a dogpile AND HE JUST KEEPS COMING BACK!

He'll argue a point until the sun comes up, wait a week, then come back and argue it again. Do any of his buddies ever join in? No. The guy is on a mission.

Holy cow! If you want to get fired up go over to their site and read the crap they post.

I don't know how some of you guys can spend so much time over there. The stupidity just hurts too bad. I believe they spend more time talking about the Buffs than we do here.

I've never understood why they dislike us so much. Isn't Wyoming their rival? We don't really compete for recruits. We don't really even compete for fans.

I would love to see CSU be a top 25 team year to year with Colorado. I think they wish Hillary Clinton would come to Boulder with a snuke in her snizz and blow the place up.

Lots of hatred. Wow. Enjoy your one game season CSU fans. 9 Days till the tard fight (sorry wally)

I rarely, if ever venture over to the Ewe site. You are correct there is a lot of hatred from CU fans. Having lived there for 5 years I put up with a ton of it. I enjoyed it though. Before I ever moved to Fort Collins, I actually rooted for them, except against CU. But once I dealt with the CU Rage they all seemed to have I quickly turned on them, and enjoyed watching them lose. Outside of work I usually always wear a hat, and I wasn't often caught without either a CU or Wyoming hat on to stir the pot in the fort.

I would have to say that my best anti-ewe showing in the Fort was at Old Chicago's during their 05' or 06' bowl game against Navy. I made it a point that I was not necessarily rooting for Navy, but against CSU. At this paticular Old C's they had a button behind the bar the bartender would push that would "honk" some car horns, when (in this case IF) CSU would score. After Navy had a pretty sizable lead, and the bar seemed pretty depressed, I thought I would take this opportunity to put a knife in their heart. The Midshipmen score again, and I stroll behind the bar. The bartender attempted to stop me and ask, "what are you doing?"

I simply reply, "It's cool", and continue behind the bar, find the button for the horns, and lay into it. I was severely booed, with a few chuckles from some, and asked to leave the bar from the owner.

Got a little off track there. Anyhoo, I agree that CSU seems to have a hard on for CU, and they probably put more energy into that stepbrother rage than they do supporting their own team.

Got a little off track there. Anyhoo, I agree that CSU seems to have a hard on for CU, and they probably put more energy into that stepbrother rage than they do supporting their own team.

The reason I went over there was to see what to look out for with their team. All the threads were about CU, the pac-10 and BYU.

Beefarino... calling me a pussy because I wont come over to your side to discuss football.. Well, Im here. Shall we discuss Hawkins contract extension?.... your loss to CSU and Toledo(they put up 50 on you ya know) last year, Your internet tough guy persona, or the fact that CSU and CU are on even ground now in recruiting and it kills you?

No more name calling, i am no pussy, i am here... lets shoot the ****

Beefarino... calling me a pussy because I wont come over to your side to discuss football.. Well, Im here. Shall we discuss Hawkins contract extension?.... your loss to CSU and Toledo(they put up 50 on you ya know) last year, Your internet tough guy persona, or the fact that CSU and CU are on even ground now in recruiting and it kills you?

The calvary arrives...

So, tell us what you think about our move to the Pac 10.

vagina

Do you go to all the CSU games, or just the CU one?

honestly.. no CSU fan would say they wouldnt want to be in the PAC10. I wish CSU would have had the luck 10 years ago that Utah had this year with the invitation. I love watching PAC10 FB, good high scoring games(which Im not flaming here, but CU will have a very hard time keeping up with)

honestly.. no CSU fan would say they wouldnt want to be in the PAC10. I wish CSU would have had the luck 10 years ago that Utah had this year with the invitation. I love watching PAC10 FB, good high scoring games(which Im not flaming here, but CU will have a very hard time keeping up with)

The Big XII has been much higher scoring the past four years.

Ha, ha. It worked! :lol:

Welcome aboard.

I'm gonna tell you something son, and I want you to listen - What happened at Utah wasn't luck. If CSU gets their act together, they can be in that same situation, but they need to start working on it. I'm talking about filling that stadium of yours for every game. I'm talking about dominating your conference. I'm talking about making a serious commitment to athletics and sticking to it. Look at what Utah did, and copy their playbook. 20 years ago, there wasn't a razor hair difference between CSU and Utah. Now Utah is going to the Pac 12. The Pac will look to expand again. Of that I have very little doubt. When they do, CSU needs to be in a position where they can be considered. Once that happens, the RMS will become a big time game.

Shall we discuss Hawkins contract extension?

Better not ever happen. My little bro (2004 CU grad) emailed me yesterday and said he's going to become a Cornholer fan if they extend Hawkins. I might, too.

your loss to CSU and Toledo(they put up 50 on you ya know) last year

Both were embarassing as hell and are a large part of the reason I want Hawkins gone. He does not dominate inferior teams like he should. Hell, he loses to them half the time.

Your internet tough guy persona

What you see is what you get with me. It's no persona, just who I am. I'm a **** stirrer.

or the fact that CSU and CU are on even ground now in recruiting and it kills you?

Not for long. Pac 10 move and a new coach will solve that problem.

Allbuffs is all about name calling. But feel free to reciprocate. :lol:And we have emoticons, too.:thumbsup:

congrats csu is on the same recruiting level as CU. Not really one to brag about there as the buffs are bottom of the Big 12

I agree fully. CSU fans in denver need to get their sand outta their vaginas and make it up to some games. when Hughes is packed its awesome(see Minn a few years ago), and when its dead, its sad(see byu 3 years ago). If we can keep the recruiting going(which is a big IF, but I hope so) then I think we can make it up into the top 3 or 4 in the MWC.

Case in pt... we have close to 10 freshman fighting for playing time sue to the crappy recruiting from 2005-2008... when you have true freshman beating out 5th yr srs at some points, its a big deal. I fully expect CSU to be a decent team this year, pretty good next year, and very good in 3 years.

The recruiting thing isn't even true. When you add in guys like Patterson, Richardson and Clemons - all new to CU this year, but not counted as recruits in the rankings - the talent gap is still considerably tilted in favor of CU.

The recruiting thing isn't even true. When you add in guys like Patterson, Richardson and Clemons - all new to CU this year, but not counted as recruits in the rankings - the talent gap is still considerably tilted in favor of CU.

only at one position

ha ha.. good stuff... you are a good poster. glad we can kick each other into the mud and still get back up to piss in each others corn flakes. BTW... I agree about all that. if CSU would have lost to Weber, SFs tenure at state would not have started well.

I agree fully. CSU fans in denver need to get their sand outta their vaginas and make it up to some games. when Hughes is packed its awesome(see Minn a few years ago), and when its dead, its sad(see byu 3 years ago). If we can keep the recruiting going(which is a big IF, but I hope so) then I think we can make it up into the top 3 or 4 in the MWC.

Case in pt... we have close to 10 freshman fighting for playing time sue to the crappy recruiting from 2005-2008... when you have true freshman beating out 5th yr srs at some points, its a big deal. I fully expect CSU to be a decent team this year, pretty good next year, and very good in 3 years.

You need to be better than the top 3 or 4. You need to be the best. Bar none, nobody else even close.

Back