What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Refs

csu lost because they couldn't run and CU ran well enough
csu lost because their play calling on offense was terrible - why they continued to throw deep when it was not working is beyond me as
other shorter passes seemed to be open all night
This is the biggest factor. Seems their whole offense revolved around trying to hit 30+ yard passes.

Thanks. I thought I saw his foot go out on the replay, but I also thought my judgement wasn't the best at that point.
The first foot was in, but from the replay you can clearly see Gallup extend the arm away from Oliver. He had his forearm against Oliver and pushed off to create separation, may not always be called but it is a foul. Oliver going down probably helped get the call, if he didn't go down, flag may not have come out. The first OPI on csu was a grab and pull to get position on the ball, the second you couldn't see on TV because of bad camera work, but considering both the linesman and field judge threw flags it must have been obvious. Linesman don't throw flags for PI unless it is clear. The hands to the face was obvious and has to be called every time for safety.

Now the unsportsmanlike on Edwards should have been an ejection add it appeared he threw a punch to the lineman's jubilees. It was retaliation for something but couldn't see what.

Lambs have nothing to complain about. They will see it on film and the coaches will move on, maybe teach their receivers how to get separation without pushing off.

csu lost because they couldn't run and CU ran well enough
csu lost because their play calling on offense was terrible - why they continued to throw deep when it was not working is beyond me as
other shorter passes seemed to be open all night
Dude, you started the thread!

The 2nd two OPI calls were petty, refs gotta let the guys play ball. It was a football game for taints sake, not freaking junior high basketball. I distinctly remember Spruce getting great separation 2 years ago on a ewe dback using the exact same legit technique. Some golden hued glasses in this joint. Confident in our staff if OT had happened, but was not certain we'd end up with W if it went that way. Two thumbs up to Stevens for class after disappointing game for them.

i am happy that there is debate re the validity of 3 flags from the game...Gives rammie fans the ability to retain their delusional ideas. They say CSU should turn down an invite from the PAC...B1G is a better fit for them. Gotta LOVE that. Turds actually believe an invite is imminent.

According to them, their team got jobbed by refs so team is still legit.

I just visited LameNation's gawd awful site. Hilarious how they think the refs rigged the game...hilarious. I guess if I was a Lamb fan I'd look for reasons why the "self-evident" fact they are a P5 school never comes to fruition...it's the refs I say...ttthhheee rrreeeffffsssss!

Probably already been pointed out. But Rams team just didn't play very well.

Next week they will say same things when bama rolls them.

Cmon...in almost every game there is a controversial call...I think that is why they implemented instant replay rules.

Cmon...in almost every game there is a controversial call...I think that is why they implemented instant replay rules.
I'd argue that there are very few games where a poor call could be a deciding factor in the outcome of the game. I'm not suggesting that particular OPI call would have been the difference, because they would have still been down by 7 points. The rest of the game would have been played differently by both sides, though.

Oregon State CSU would have been different if not for botched TD call at end of half

I'd argue that there are very few games where a poor call could be a deciding factor in the outcome of the game. I'm not suggesting that particular OPI call would have been the difference, because they would have still been down by 7 points. The rest of the game would have been played differently by both sides, though.

Both of these are true. It is rare when an officials call changes the outcome of a game. As bad as the officiating was last night it wasn't why CSU lost.

There is some controversy over officiating in every game in which one side chooses to make it the focus of their excuse for not winning. Last nights game provided easy opportunity to make it that focus. That said the 3rd OPI was terrible, the first two were not. They could have not been called but they were and the calls weren't wrong. Had it gone the other way we could have easily complained about the constant holding by the CSU OL and some grabbing and holding by their DBs against our WRs. Again this would not have been the reason we lost if we did but we could make the argument. Nature of being a football fan.

They were all questionable to me in the sense that OPI is rarely called unless it is blatant. There is PI on essentially every play if we look at it from the letter of the law. I'm happy to take it and I do think as Nik is right that it's something you have to adjust to like an ump with balls and strikes but it's s definitely not the norm.

04well_pacifier-superJumbo.jpg

Am I looking at this game through black and gold glasses ?

Personally I saw OPI on all three calls. Were they crazy obvious ? Especially on the third one I'd answer no but when I saw they replay it occurred.The hands to the face happened too. IMHO the worst call was the first of the personal fowls on Montez. I'll admit that was was ticky tacky.
I hate aggressive chickens.

C'mon, no one has video clips or gifs so we can settle this?

Back