What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Spring Evaluation Period starts today

Duff Man

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
Between now and May 31st, the coaches will be hitting the road to visit schools and prospects all over the country. This is where the recruiting board really comes into focus.

Given the new staff's ties to the southeast, expect them to try to get official visits set up for many prospects in that region, as well as California and Texas amongst other states.

Also, expect more aggressive recruiting in this period than under MM, who really focused on satellite camps in June.

It’s kind of cool to see posts like that. I don’t recall seeing anything similar to this previously.

AZ clearly not an emphasis now

giphy.gif

How are we gonna be RELENTLESS if we don’t go recruit powerhouse states like Nebraska?

On a serious note, KC and St Louis deserve a look.

A Juco CB seems high on the list with 5 new offers in last two weeks. Need a couple freshmen as well. After the run of Chidobe, 'Spoon and Oliver, I didn't see this coming 2 years ago.

Abrams - SR
Mehki Blackmon - JR
Miller - SO

Backups: Wigley SR, LJ Wallace R-FR, Trujillo FR, George JR

I don't know if this might say something about Wallace and Trujillo as well.... George appears to be a write-off and Wigley continues to be in position to make plays and doesn't. We probably need 1 JuCo, if not 2.

The Land of Enchantment doesn't appear to be enchanting.
Most of it isn't, trust me.:D Good thing for me is I'm about 5 to 10 minutes from the Colorado state line. The better or, mostly better, football in New Mexico comes out of a handful of programs. Artesia, Clovis, few Albuquerque schools, etc.. Either way, it's more of a basketball state than anything. Folks around here love their hoops.

Most of it isn't, trust me.:D Good thing for me is I'm about 5 to 10 minutes from the Colorado state line. The better or, mostly better, football in New Mexico comes out of a handful of programs. Artesia, Clovis, few Albuquerque schools, etc.. Either way, it's more of a basketball state than anything. Folks around here love their hoops.
With ya, Luko. I went to Highland HS in Albuquerque years ago. Not much of a football state at all.

When I was in Arizona, we used to annually play Gallup. No-where-ville, NM and yet they consistently had outstanding hoops teams that gave us fits.

Very little going on in WA/OR, but still more than previously. Mixing in some LA/GA along with some other Sun Belt states. Not really seeing FL, which I like -- too hard to do that right and still do everything else.

I love the emphasis on AZ/UT/NV along with KS jucos and our core states of CA/TX/CO.

Surprised we haven't seen any trips scheduled to MI/OH/PA/IL yet, but I think we will.

Edit: Also surprised we aren't really seeing OK. That seemed to be bearing fruit and could be a decent state for CU recruiting (on par with a UT, I'd think).

Last edited:
Very little going on in WA/OR, but still more than previously. Mixing in some LA/GA along with some other Sun Belt states. Not really seeing FL, which I like -- too hard to do that right and still do everything else.

I love the emphasis on AZ/UT/NV along with KS jucos and our core states of CA/TX/CO.

Surprised we haven't seen any trips scheduled to MI/OH/PA/IL yet, but I think we will.

Edit: Also surprised we aren't really seeing OK. That seemed to be bearing fruit and could be a decent state for CU recruiting (on par with a UT, I'd think).

Given Tucker (et. al) was so strong in FL, I am surprised to not see it on the schedule, given we are recruiting the rest of the SEC states.

I know they hired Cordae Hankton who should be strong in Louisiana.

I'm always concerned that the culture shock for a kid from Rural MS is much tougher than a kid from Tampa.

Back