What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Turning Point

No way should Mac get fired after this season, I think he's safe no matter what happens, even going 0fer. You just don't fire a guy that took us to the P12 championship one year later, even if this season does go off the rails.

New **** has come to light

if Mac loses to a team that just had their HC walk out on them midseason and get replaced by the CB coach, that seat better be hot

I don't want MacIntyre to get fired, he's a good coach. I have hope again under his tenure, and arguably more importantly (a game or two this year already notwithstanding), the team is fun to watch again.

Go Buffs

Turning point? Ehhhhhhh.......Not sure about that-Winning Saturday is a must if this team wants to get to 6 wins, and theres no reason why we can't thump OSU. They're not good, Luton is out a while, and who knows where their heads are at after Andersen left? Cal and ASU seem like the best chances at 2 more wins after this week.......and Saturday actually gave me more hope for the ASU game. They play three ranked teams in a row (Washington, USC, and Utah) before they get to us.......so there's a pretty significant chance that they're 2-6 when we roll in there. Manny Wilkins isn't the athlete Tate or even Brandon Dawkins is, and Taz is a very, very good back, and our line looked like it started to gel. ASU's run defense is a major issue. They gave up 200 something to Rashad Penny from SDSU, and Bryce Love ran all over them. I'd agree on WSU and USC, but WSU tends to lose games (at home especially) they're not supposed to lose. Am I expecting a win? Absolutely not. Would it shock me if we beat them? No.

If we don't get to 6 wins, we're back to where we were prior to last year. MM is still here, but he's back on the hot seat. Somebody is going to get sacrificed on the coaching staff.......Brian Lindgren seems like a really good guess.

Even before the season started, I have believed that the Buffs get the upset over USC on Nov 11th. Book it. Mail it in. Bet the house. Mortgage the children's future. I'm totally serious. Fight CU Down the Field.....
oddly, i agree.

I don't want MacIntyre to get fired, he's a good coach. I have hope again under his tenure, and arguably more importantly (a game or two this year already notwithstanding), the team is fun to watch again.

Go Buffs
Agree....let’s overhaul the entire staff....Rick needs to step in and mandate a new staff. Give HCMM something to work with...

Agree....let’s overhaul the entire staff....Rick needs to step in and mandate a new staff. Give HCMM something to work with...
As much as I want to see some staff changes, I never understood the desire to have an AD mandate that of the HC. As an AD you either trust your HC to do what's best for the program or you don't. If you feel you need to mandate assistant coaching changes, you might as well fire the HC at that point because you clearly don't think the guy can do the job.

When it came to run blocking. Taz averaged almost 7 yards a carry the other night.
I didn’t see the game, but it’s hard to get 281 yards without either decent blocking, a really bad defense, or an extreme running talent. Most likely some combination. So I’ll replace ??????? with !!!!!!!!!!.

i think mm is a very good coach. we need more recruiters. we caught a lot of breaks last year and we've seen the wrong side of a lot of breaks this year. the system is sound. the planning is sound. there is still a lot of football left to played.
Biggest difference last year was guys making plays. Buffs aren't forcing turnovers or coming up with the big sack or the key TFL in short yardage or making an explosive play on offense or on special teams.

The lack of momentum plays this season has been completely outside the norm for college football. This team makes it really hard on itself.

Biggest difference last year was guys making plays. Buffs aren't forcing turnovers or coming up with the big sack or the key TFL in short yardage or making an explosive play on offense or on special teams.

The lack of momentum plays this season has been completely outside the norm for college football. This team makes it really hard on itself.

We had more talent on defense last year.

We had more talent on defense last year.
Very experienced talent, too. Those guys had played hundreds of snaps together. Guys like Chido would diagnose plays very quickly (and sometimes know ahead of the snap to be able to bait the QB).

Les Miles and Dave Logan.....
pmanning_snl.gif

Very experienced talent, too. Those guys had played hundreds of snaps together. Guys like Chido would diagnose plays very quickly (and sometimes know ahead of the snap to be able to bait the QB).
Can't put a price on experience.

HCMM has to evolve his coaching to be more like a championship coach instead of the little guy who hopes to win as an underdog. He is a little too much rainbows and unicorns, and not enough demanding ownership of every moment. He talked about how they now realize that penalties should be fixed at this mid season point. Really!!! Damn that is just brilliant. Then, he is just plain too optimistic about the future without specific demands of the players, such as blocking to the whistle, no penalties, and do your job. He has built a pretty good culture, he has shown unbelievable confidence in his boys, and now he needs to cash in all that work by demanding more from the kids and maybe making them feel a little uncomfortable to make them play sharper!!! When he needs to get more forceful, he seems to get stressed that he might hurt their feelings, screw that. My dad smacked me about 4-5 times in my life, and I knew that when he did, I really f-ed up. Mac needs to cash in one of his smacks!

Coach Chiv needs a pay raise and total control of the offensive staff and needs to continue recruiting like he has
Coach Elliott quickly needs to learn what PAC 12 football is all about,as quickly as possible

Crazy thing is that Special Teams are playing great, except that Blackmon should return punts and not Oliver.
There are so many young playmakers that need to be on the field!!! Shenault, Nixon, Callier must be used more if the older guys are not playing with their hair on fire.

HCMM has to evolve his coaching to be more like a championship coach instead of the little guy who hopes to win as an underdog. He is a little too much rainbows and unicorns, and not enough demanding ownership of every moment. He talked about how they now realize that penalties should be fixed at this mid season point. Really!!! Damn that is just brilliant. Then, he is just plain too optimistic about the future without specific demands of the players, such as blocking to the whistle, no penalties, and do your job. He has built a pretty good culture, he has shown unbelievable confidence in his boys, and now he needs to cash in all that work by demanding more from the kids and maybe making them feel a little uncomfortable to make them play sharper!!! When he needs to get more forceful, he seems to get stressed that he might hurt their feelings, screw that. My dad smacked me about 4-5 times in my life, and I knew that when he did, I really f-ed up. Mac needs to cash in one of his smacks!

Coach Chiv needs a pay raise and total control of the offensive staff and needs to continue recruiting like he has
Coach Elliott quickly needs to learn what PAC 12 football is all about,as quickly as possible

Crazy thing is that Special Teams are playing great, except that Blackmon should return punts and not Oliver.
There are so many young playmakers that need to be on the field!!! Shenault, Nixon, Callier must be used more if the older guys are not playing with their hair on fire.

Are you Uncle Luko's nephew?

This team is missing a key ingredient. Fight. The team looks somewhat zombie like. They don't look like they are having any fun out there. The atmosphere on the field seems to be blank. when that gets fixed they will start winning.
Unfortunately we are stuck with this HC and I don't think he has what it takes to turn this ship around.

This team feels UNwelcome to the fight.

This team is missing a key ingredient. Fight. The team looks somewhat zombie like. They don't look like they are having any fun out there. The atmosphere on the field seems to be blank. when that gets fixed they will start winning.
Unfortunately we are stuck with this HC and I don't think he has what it takes to turn this ship around.

When it came to run blocking. Taz averaged almost 7 yards a carry the other night.
Thank you. I totally agree. 2 things and the pass blocking will be much better: 1. Picking up delayed lb blitzes (at least half of this is on Montez not hitting the hot guy in my opinion); and 2. Getting the damn ball out more quickly. I love Phil but I bet he would be the first to tell you that you don't average 7 yards a carry unless your o-line in moving the line of scrimmage.

Trying to figure out what changed with our D since the ucla game? The D played pretty solid until the end of the ucla game. The bend dont break was working util that point, then became break.

Trying to figure out what changed with our D since the ucla game? The D played pretty solid until the end of the ucla game. The bend dont break was working util that point, then became break.
Finesse team vs two running teams - right when our starting NT goes out hurt and the back up playing hurt. That's what happened.

Not buying. Our vaunted JUCO NT has been roly polyed backwards all the time.
I'm not saying Javier is an allstar as he clearly isn't. But he was starting for a reason - he was the best available player. It makes a difference - even more so when the back up is playing hurt, too.

Feel free to make this about ****ting recruiting (it is), but that is the difference in the play vs. UCLA compared to UA and OSU.

I'm not saying Javier is an allstar as he clearly isn't. But he was starting for a reason - he was the best available player. It makes a difference - even more so when the back up is playing hurt, too.
Yeah. It’s says more about the depth of the position than Javier. He hasn’t been great, but he’s serviceable and his absence hurt yesterday.

Back