What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

There will be a "whiteout" for the Nebraska game

Visine could sponsor this like they did with the Penn State/Nebraska white out a few years back.

Ok so i gotta buddy freaking out right now about the white. He thinks that the white combined with the husker fans in attendance in red will make it seem like a home game for NU. I told him basically to stuff it. The shirts are free, they will have black on them, it was the cheapest and fastest option for the AD, and o btw they are free.

Should it be a legit concern or is he just paranoid?

Wasint everyone worried about this prior to the UGA football game? "If we do a blackout and all the UGA fans wear red it will look lik a Georgia home game." As many UGA fans as were there, know one would have mistaken that for a CU road game. Relax. Your overthinking things.

i don't like the "gold" accents on the silver unis....it's Hawkish, with the Nike geometry experiment.

i think that idea could be executed much better. like the idea of silver homies, but (and i know i'm in the minority)....they don't do a lot for me.

i would welcome our white home uniform overlords. we might need to get up some after the bedwetting of wednesday.

From the student perspective i think its awesome. penn state white out is epic. ive wanted to do it for a football game. im stoked

think it's a great idea. i fully plan on taking 22 years of hatred out on nebraska tomorrow. voice will be gone by first media timeout

i don't like the "gold" accents on the silver unis....it's Hawkish, with the Nike geometry experiment.

i think that idea could be executed much better. like the idea of silver homies, but (and i know i'm in the minority)....they don't do a lot for me.

i would welcome our white home uniform overlords. we might need to get up some after the bedwetting of wednesday.

Racist, but I agree. I like the silver, but white bball unis are ****ing sharp.

I won't be in Boulder; I'll be condemned to listening on the radio. Can someone make a point of posting a pic of one of these fab free shirts they are handing out?

Get the Buff Up.buff up.jpg

Ok so i gotta buddy freaking out right now about the white. He thinks that the white combined with the husker fans in attendance in red will make it seem like a home game for NU. I told him basically to stuff it. The shirts are free, they will have black on them, it was the cheapest and fastest option for the AD, and o btw they are free.

Should it be a legit concern or is he just paranoid?

I don't think anyone except a few ****ing idiots in North Platte would be dumb enough to turn on the TV and think that the game in Boulder is 99% Nebraska fans. It's our house and we can wear whatever colors we want. It' just like the blackout football game when people were trying to say we couldn't wear black because it's one of Georgia's colors. There's no reason to have any hesitancy towards this great idea, especially due to the fact that another school may share a color we're using. I'm going to wear white tomorrow and not give a ****, just as I'll be wearing gold against Cal in September without any concern that the Cal team thinks they're playing a home game

Last edited:
Can't say I'm a huge fan of white outs but not gonna complain about getting a free t-shirt.

I don't think anyone is going to turn on the TV and think that the game in Boulder is 99% Nebraska fans. It's our house and we can wear whatever colors we want. It' just like the blackout football game when people were trying to say we couldn't wear black because it's one of Georgia's colors. There's no reason to have any hesitancy towards this great idea, especially due to the fact that another school may share a color we're using. I'm going to wear white tomorrow and not give a ****, just as I'll be wearing gold against Cal in September without any concern that the Cal team thinks they're playing a home game
no ones gonna see it on tv because it isnt ****ing televised. biggest game of the year...unreal.

It's not a gooD idea it's stupid atleast with the Georgia game black is one of our colors as well. The reason for white t shirts is nothing but lack of planning. When I was in school we got basketball t shirts every year and they weren't white. If you want a white out go to Penn state

no ones gonna see it on tv because it isnt ****ing televised. biggest game of the year...unreal.

Ah yes. How the **** does that happen anyway when the OU, TT and both ISU games were televised. At least 850 is carrying a CU hoops game for the first time since '83.

I'm not saying white is somehow an awesome and better idea than gold shirts, but no one is going to think we're all a bunch of sheep-****ing Nebraskans because we're wearing white shirts, and to imply so is ridiculous

Ah yes. How the **** does that happen anyway when the OU, TT and both ISU games were televised. At least 850 is carrying a CU hoops game for the first time since '83.
saturday night games need to be picked up by the big networks. still sucks a big bag of dicks.

I'm not saying white is somehow an awesome and better idea than gold shirts, but no one is going to think we're all a bunch of sheep-****ing Nebraskans because we're wearing white shirts, and to imply so is ridiculous

I'm not worried about that he'll it isn't even televised I think it just makesus look like amatures. Bohn took the cheap way out end of story.

saturday night games need to be picked up by the big networks. still sucks a big bag of dicks.

I really know nothing about basketball televising, but it seems like football games have flexibility with the two-week plans, whereas basketball is mostly set in stone from the beginning of the year. Of course at the beginning of the season this game looked irrelevant as most thought CU an NIT team at best and Nebraska being one of the worst teams in the league, but here we are right on the bubble, and Nebraska's goons have even got them in tournament contention. Come on ESPNU, how did you miss this

I'm not worried about that he'll it isn't even televised I think it just makesus look like amatures. Bohn took the cheap way out end of story.

Yeah, i mean instead of getting 14k made, get 11,032 (capacity) made so we'd have the $ to make 'em black silver or gold

Edit: wish the shirt would say "One more year"!!!

Last edited:
Seeing kNebrasska has an infatuation with blackshirts, it seems turnaround is fair play.

my impecable source says the shirts read

"Alec, Please Don't Go"

Allsome.

Of course, since we are handing shirts out to fans of both teams, it would be hilarious if somehow there was an *F*U* to the Big 12 in there.

moving big ten.jpg

WTF are you talking about there is a ton of history with running white-outs for basketball at the pro level. I swear to god you'll find anything to bitch about when it comes to Bohn. I get what our school colours are but its not like your up here bitching when we have a black-out for CU football games. For once let Bohn hate go.

Yeah, i mean instead of getting 14k made, get 11,032 (capacity) made ......
Well, it's 14K because the shirts are for "fan appreciation" on the final home games of the season and the fans attending the women's game will also get shirts showing the school's appreciaton of their support.

Well, it's 14K because the shirts are for "fan appreciation" on the final home games of the season and the fans attending the women's game will also get shirts showing the school's appreciaton of their support.

we'll also likely be over capacity for the men's game like we were against KU.

I'm sticking with my original position:

it's rude to criticize a shirt you haven't even seen yet, that you aren't entitled to, that someone decided to print up and GIVE YOU FOR FREE (or for at least attending the game.)

Maybe this will be the coolest shirt you've ever seen, maybe not, but what a cool gesture for the University to hand out this kind of freebie and not just to the "first 5,000 fans" or something.:thumbsup:

I'm sure if we keep selling out games, CU can afford to do bigger and better fan appreciation events, but for now:
WAY TO GO, BOHN AND BOYLE AND LAPPE! Nice gesture!:gobuffs:

WTF are you talking about there is a ton of history with running white-outs for basketball at the pro level. I swear to god you'll find anything to bitch about when it comes to Bohn. I get what our school colours are but its not like your up here bitching when we have a black-out for CU football games. For once let Bohn hate go.

WTF are you talking about? You get the premise of my point right? Black is one our colors. As for Bohn I am not constantly bitching about him and give him props when he deserves it.

I'm sticking with my original position:

it's rude to criticize a shirt you haven't even seen yet, that you aren't entitled to, that someone decided to print up and GIVE YOU FOR FREE (or for at least attending the game.)

Maybe this will be the coolest shirt you've ever seen, maybe not, but what a cool gesture for the University to hand out this kind of freebie and not just to the "first 5,000 fans" or something.:thumbsup:

I'm sure if we keep selling out games, CU can afford to do bigger and better fan appreciation events, but for now:
WAY TO GO, BOHN AND BOYLE AND LAPPE! Nice gesture!:gobuffs:

Im sorry if Im not going to treat a tshirt give away as if they are giving away cars. All of the tshirts in my closet are free tshirts this is not some crazy phenomenom.

Back