What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

This Loss is on the Coaches

obviously the overall coaching management was a wee bit iffy down the stretch, but what the **** goes on when we just look like a jumbled peewee mess? We had to burn two timeouts because we couldn't even get the playcall in

We had them but let them off with some serious decision mistakes and poor 4th quarter offensive play calling.

Players showed up. Obviously the hit to Montez changed things too.

I agree with this, partially.

The offensive playcalling in the 4th quarter was ridiculously bad. A) your QB went out because of a hard hit to the head, B) you've had the opposing defense on the fiel most of the game, C) the opposing defense had depth issues, and D) YOU'RE AT ****ING ALTITUDE. Why the hell were we throwing the ball all over the yard?

I think I might be thinking Montez was more injured than others here. The choices to throw deep, even when guys were covered, and throwing 10 yards over their heads - those were choices he wasn't making before. He turned the wrong way twice. I have to question having him throw that many times, and frankly, from a player safety issue, I don't know why he was in there. I hope we don't find out later that people bent the rules.

Defensively, I didn't think the playcalling was terrible, though. We were seriously out-athleted when our defense was on the field, and frankly, if we catch some balls in our hands or fall on some balls on the ground, we're all talking about how awesome the defense was tonight, so I don't buy the "our DC is terrible" talk. More like we were in position to make plays and didn't make some big ones.

This defense has to live and die by man coverage and getting pressure. Their front 3-4 guys are atrocious at getting a pocket push or God forbid, actual beating their guy 1v1. When we blitz and pressure, good things have happened. When we let a true freshman QB have 5+ seconds in a clean pocket, out 5th and 6th string DBs have trouble covering. Who would have thought?!?

Tyson Summers needs to be one and done here.

We have to give the backups a look the rest of the way too. Go back to the basics on what is offsides and false starts and everything. Figure it out. Coaches and players.

This defense has to live and die by man coverage and getting pressure. Their front 3-4 guys are atrocious at getting a pocket push or God forbid, actual beating their guy 1v1. When we blitz and pressure, good things have happened. When we let a true freshman QB have 5+ seconds in a clean pocket, out 5th and 6th string DBs have trouble covering. Who would have thought?!?

Tyson Summers needs to be one and done here.

After getting numerous stops and causing havoc with blitzes, the 3 man rushing was just too much. I don't love Pittman getting deep and scoring a TD, but I'll take it if it means we're getting some ****ing pressure on the QB.

I think we even stay aggressive on fly sweeps and other creative runs.

maybe we were going to run, but Montez turned the wrong way twice?

After getting numerous stops and causing havoc with blitzes, the 3 man rushing was just too much. I don't love Pittman getting deep and scoring a TD, but I'll take it if it means we're getting some ****ing pressure on the QB.
How about all out blitzes, man coverage and if your beat hold or interfere to avoid huge chunk plays or TD’s?

I’m gonna say it. Yeah it’s on the coaches. But the buck stops with Tucker. He chose these coaches. Yeah money for assistants sucks, but they were his picks.

As head coach, even though he’s not coordinator, he can dictate wanting to run heavy or to call more mid range passes rather than low percentage sideline throws way down field when we need to control and move the ball. We also didn’t bring more guys in the rush when it clearly was working. That young QB almost **** himself a few times and nearly threw a couple picks because of it. Yet we went back to almost complete three man rush against double teams, giving him all the time in the world.

I’m sick of people treating Tucker with kid gloves. No moral victory here. To not score for that long in the second half at home with a dominating run game is inexcusable. Yeah it’s on the coaches, but I’m sick of the Tucker can do no wrong attitude that some have. Yeah I’m pissed.

I’m gonna say it. Yeah it’s on the coaches. But the buck stops with Tucker. He chose these coaches. Yeah money for assistants sucks, but they were his picks. As head coach, even though he’s not coordinator, he can dictate wanting to run heavy or to call more mid range passes rather than low percentage sideline throws way down field when we need to control and move the ball.

I’m sick of people treating Tucker with kid gloves. No moral victory here. To not score for that long in the second half at home with a dominating run game is inexcusable. Yeah it’s on the coaches, but I’m sick of the Tucker can do no wrong attitude that some have. Yeah I’m pissed.

Like I said after last week's embarrassment at Wazzu-I'll watch or be at all these games and I won't stop pulling for this team......but I can't like this post enough. Enough of the how dare we question this staff nonsense.

This loss IS on him. Maybe that's the first year HC mistake. Maybe that's the price we need to pay. Hopefully he learns fast, because things will be even tougher next year.

Refs were ****ing terrible...loss is on them. Ticky tack calls on us all night long but Montez gets ****ing targeted and Shenault gets held and no flags. I am so pissed right now.

And an OPI WR pick on that second TD they did not call.

We lost because the false starts on the first drive in the redzone and terrible refereeing. I don't like to blame refs but there is no question they played a large role in that loss. 4 penalties vs 13... Take out the false starts and we still have ~9 penalties and most were garbage or in important situations. The roughing the passer on landman was completely garbage and the hold on I think Hambright on a stretch play in the fourth that got a first down. No roughing the passer on montez that knocked him out. We should look at all the things we did wrong but the refereeing is no doubt the largest part of the pie for why we lost

Back