What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Thoughts on the upcoming ASU game

not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but having watched him a little bit, i do believe he can be goaded into errors when he is feeling pressure... and i think he can be one of those guys who downward spirals when things get tough.

as i believe most of us have said, we think your team is deservedly favored by more than 2 tds... why the attitude? :confused:

I apologize if I came off sarcastic. :) I meant that honestly. It truely scares the living crap out of me when Carpenter is flushed out of the pocket. I'm so used to seeing him just try to force the ball in and watch the D run away with it the other direction.

No offense or sarcasm intended in my posts! I was simply throwing out a couple of things to jog conversation. So I apologize if I came off rude! :smile2:

I apologize if I came off sarcastic. :) I meant that honestly. It truely scares the living crap out of me when Carpenter is flushed out of the pocket. I'm so used to seeing him just try to force the ball in and watch the D run away with it the other direction.

No offense or sarcasm intended in my posts! I was simply throwing out a couple of things to jog conversation. So I apologize if I came off rude! :smile2:

no sweat! with all the LOLs in your post, i misread it as sarcastic... it is all good. here's to a good game -- it will definitely be an uphill battle for our Buffs.

haha yeah I seem to come off that way... which is ironic because I try to make the "lol"s seem light hearted. Although looking at it again I can see what you saw lol.

Don't let these Allbuff ****heads intimidate you man! You gotta shove it back in their faces!!

For the Buffs to have any chance against ASU, the defense will have to play much much better than it did against CSU. Comparing Caleb Hanie to Rudy Carpenter is like comparing Rex Grossman to Peyton Manning. And yet, the CU defense allowed Hanie to look like he was ready for the NFL.

The defensive line needs to get pressure on Carpenter and the defensive backs need to make some plays. If it was me -- I'd bring the house at Carpenter. I'd rather watch a pass play go the distance than watch the opposing team's QB shred the defense every single play.

I can promise you that Caleb Hanie won't complete 74% of his passes against another foe on their schedule.

I think you are underrating Hanie a little bit.. He ain't that bad....

Carpenter wasn't that impressive last year in Boulder.. He's decent, but he can be prone to some mistakes..

I'm glad the team is practicing hard.

But ASU is not CSU.

The caliber of athletes playing at ASU far exceeds the Nick Pottorff type athletes playing for CSU.

I think this one could be fairly lopsided in Arizona State's favor, when all is said and done.

I wouldn't read to-to much into the San Jose St. game. CU is also much better than SJSU as well. This will be (I predict) a relatively high scoring afair. Maybe in the area of 35-28 .. something like that. I think it comes down to special teams and defense. What team can create the biggest play on either of those aspects- will determine the outcome. I wouldn't write CU off in this one though ... give this team a few more props! They are better ... 2-10 -I think- was kind of an anomoly.
We will also make a little bit more of a push towards being at full strength -depth chart wise. We might get Josh Smith and Hugh Charles back ... Furthermore ... we also gain Sipili for the defense -which could help make a little bit more of an impact in the run defense.

I think you are underrating Hanie a little bit.. He ain't that bad....

Carpenter wasn't that impressive last year in Boulder.. He's decent, but he can be prone to some mistakes..

I totally agree! I think that most CU fans are failing to give CSU much credit as well. I know, I don't want to either ... but, facts are facts, and I think CSU has a pretty good ballclub inwhich to work with. That (however you want to look at it) was actually a pretty solid win for CU.
Did CU's defense really look that bad ... or was it that Hanie, Sperry and Bell are just exceptional players? You don't have to be a Heisman candidate or All-American to help make a big impact. Plus, it's a big rivalry game ... both teams played their guts out ... that type of unpredictable defensive play is to be expected.

DBT its not about being confrontational. :) I'm not here to start problems. I'm here for intelligent conversation.

JimmyBuff (awesome name btw :) ) Carpenter was playing with a broken thumb last year in Boulder. I'm fairly positive he will be in much finer shape coming into this game.

DBT its not about being confrontational. :) I'm not here to start problems. I'm here for intelligent conversation.JimmyBuff (awesome name btw :) ) Carpenter was playing with a broken thumb last year in Boulder. I'm fairly positive he will be in much finer shape coming into this game.

Lucky for you that you ended up here and not on some of our Big 12 brothers sites!:smile2:

ASU will be good - SJ State is no slouch WAC team - it will be a good challenge for CU - a little bit a of a preview of the season. I think ASU is just a mid range PAC 10 team - well pack 9 (USC is in their own conference).

Say what you will about Dennis the Menace but he generally tends to turn around a program pretty fast. I don't expect this game to be very easy but we could win.

With Charles and Smith out...it'll be a tough win.

I like our backup RB, but HC is such a gamebrreaker....what a huge loss this is.

DBT its not about being confrontational. :) I'm not here to start problems. I'm here for intelligent conversation.

JimmyBuff (awesome name btw :) ) Carpenter was playing with a broken thumb last year in Boulder. I'm fairly positive he will be in much finer shape coming into this game.

dbt is just having some fun with you. as you can tell from his picture, he's a rehabilitated and paroled former manson family member, but all in all, he's fairly harmless now. he looms Buff scarves for all of us allbuffers every christmas! :thumbsup::cool:

The biggest problem with losing Hugh Charles for this weekend's game is going to be blocking. I think Sumler is going to be a very good RB, but no freshman RB is perfect at blocking.

I think you guys will get your asses kicked. That's just my opinion, though.

Yeah I'm not betting on this game at all. I thought CU by 2.5 last week was a sure 100 bucks when I bet on it....man it had me ****tin my pantalones until the field goal.

The biggest problem with losing Hugh Charles for this weekend's game is going to be blocking. I think Sumler is going to be a very good RB, but no freshman RB is perfect at blocking.

i read somewhere that the staff's biggest beef with sumler in the spring and leading up to fall camp was that he wasn't working hard enough on his blocking. it is reported that he got much better and that's why he is getting time.

not having hugh will hurt a lot, however... he's a gamebreaker. sumler hasn't proved to be that yet.

What's a bit bizzare is the spread for the CSU-Cal game is smaller then the spread for our game. I mean considering that betting markets are pretty efficient, just weird.

This will be a tough game. Say what you want about Dennis, but he seems to hit the ground running, especially when he has talent. ASU has talent. With lack of depth on DL due to Perri being out, and the potential for Sipili not being there, I am a little concerned. Hopefully Taj Kaynor will be ready to provide the depth the DT's lacked v. the goats.

HC not being there hurts too. CU can win this game, but needs to play much better than last week and they might need a miscue from ASU along the way. GO BUFFS.

Can somebody buy Dennis a few tall cool ones before the game? It can't hurt.

The trainers are having the players drink a gallon of gatorade per day prior to the game in order to build up their electrolytes. My question is, how long is the plane ride? :lol:

i read somewhere that the staff's biggest beef with sumler in the spring and leading up to fall camp was that he wasn't working hard enough on his blocking. it is reported that he got much better and that's why he is getting time.

not having hugh will hurt a lot, however... he's a gamebreaker. sumler hasn't proved to be that yet.

Lil Hawk specifically called out Sumler during the press conference this week to praise him for coming completely across the formation to pick up a blitz on one of the TD passes. Said he would have been toast without the block.

Another well thought out and reasoned post! :smile2:

You don't know where Tempe is do u :lol:

saul couldn't find his own balls if they weren't attached. even so, given their freakishly small size, he still struggles from time to time in locating them.

other things saul can't find (beside his balls and tempe on a map):

a girlfriend
a job outside the fast food industry
a path to self-awareness
a dictionary

:lol:

saul couldn't find his own balls if they weren't attached. even so, given their freakishly small size, he still struggles from time to time in locating them.

a girlfriend
a path to self-awareness
a dictionary

whats a dictionary?

a girlfriend
a path to self-awareness
a dictionary

He couldn't find Boulder either..... what was his mountain reference when KSU played CU? anyone remember?

Back