What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Throwbacks good or bad

I thought the whole look was great, especially the helmets. I think we need to stick with either a silver/gold or black/gold color scheme. All three together starts to look like a little much.

Ugly. If we are going to wear throwback jerseys, how about to the late 80s or 90s? Saw someone wearing an old Kordell jersey at the Sink before the game and it was remarkable how much better it looked than anything recent.

Bingo.. That's what we should be wearing today..

I thought the uniforms made us look like some cheap Pee-Wee football team. Wasn't impressed.

The helmet was decent looking.

The uniforms were great. I'd love to see them be worn once a year. I was skeptical of what the horns on the helmets would look like. They turned out fantastic too.

It's funny that the helmets are considered 'Throwback'.

That style was used only one time at the Orange Bowl in Miami in 1957-58.

Yesterday was the first time that helmet style has ever been worn in Folsom.

I do like that CU pays tribute to 150 years of CU and 120 years of CU football. The Fox coverage mainly missed that part of the story, making some quip about fashionistas and wearing leather. As a result, the uniforms came off a gimick instead of something more nostalgic and substantial.

Was Legacy Day any more substantial in the stadium?

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved the helmets...if CU is to ever redesign the helmets, I want them to consider that helmet.

It's funny that the helmets are considered 'Throwback'.

That style was used only one time at the Orange Bowl in Miami in 1957-58.

Yesterday was the first time that helmet style has ever been worn in Folsom.

I do like that CU pays tribute to 150 years of CU and 120 years of CU football. The Fox coverage mainly missed that part of the story, making some quip about fashionistas and wearing leather. As a result, the uniforms came off a gimick instead of something more nostalgic and substantial.

Was Legacy Day any more substantial in the stadium?

Not really they just drove around old regents in classic cars. Well mostly classic cars. Somehow a VW Bug got in the mix.

Hideous looking helmet and jerseys. They looked like crap on TV. The next time they do a legacy day PLEASE choose a different era. Not that I want to be reminded of the early 80's but even the powder blues look better than those gawd awful things I saw on Saturday.

So the jerseys were throwbacks to the 30's, but the helmets were 50's throwbacks? I don't get it.

I like the idea of a gold jersey with big block numbers, but I could do without those helmets and pants.

Hideous looking helmet and jerseys. They looked like crap on TV. The next time they do a legacy day PLEASE choose a different era. Not that I want to be reminded of the early 80's but even the powder blues look better than those gawd awful things I saw on Saturday.

Without saying anything too bad... I'll say that we're damn lucky to have one of the sharpest looks in college football right now. The gold/black/gold setup is perfect and should never by overhauled to the point of shifting colors. I like the use of silver now -- it's a great accessory color but not much else, IMO.

The gold helmets and interlock buff need to stay forever.

I loved those helmets and would love to see them used again. I like our look, but it is not very unique in my mind. Those helmets screamed Buffalo!

The combo of black pants with the gold tops or gold tops with the black pants would look good (IMHO). I like the current helmet over the throwback though. It did give me a chance though to explain to my son that the school colors are silver and gold.

Those helmets screamed "someone dipped their dick in ink and smacked it on my head"

Damn, I take it you didn't like them. I thought they were pretty cool. I wouldn't replace the current ones with them, but the served their purpose well. They're better than the other silver ones with horns.

So the jerseys were throwbacks to the 30's, but the helmets were 50's throwbacks? I don't get it.

I like the idea of a gold jersey with big block numbers, but I could do without those helmets and pants.

the jersey and pants were throwbacks to 1937....the whizzer white era...but back then they used leather helmets....so they used the 1957 orange bowl helmets...

Whizzer.jpg

Throwbacks.jpg

but...i actually think the 1937 version were a little more 'yellow' than this gold...at least according the the whizzer jersey framed and hanging up in dal ward....

Last edited:
Back