What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tim Brando calling out the Pac 12 as a whole.

I did address it. I said if certain accommodations were made it probably wouldn’t matter.
However, we will have to agree to disagree that OU would automatically be a power in any conference. You don’t just step into the B1G and act like you’re a big swinging Dick. They’d be a huge outlier, both culturally and geographically.

OU was a Big 8 power especially where more teams were cold weather states. They may or may not struggle at first but they will be one of those players in the B1G and even the SEC.

I think the difference between OU and NU is that ****braska's national relevance had already majorly declined prior to what I would call this "new age" of college football. They were already a very mediocre program when they switched conferences and left the Texas recruiting grounds. Oklahoma is a top 5 program right now that can go head to head with just about anyone in the country for recruits in any region.

I feel like the idea of CU changing conferences is more in line with the ****braska precedent. Nationally irrelevant, history of success a long time ago, needing to maintain affiliations with programs in Texas and CA to recruit those areas. The only conference CU might stand a chance to move to is the BIG as Colorado is a destination state for midwesterners in Wisconsin, Iowa, ****braska, Illinois, etc, although not so much in Ohio and PA where the majority of the talent resides.

You're way off here. CU is going to be fine because of its proximity to the Denver market. Look at the start time for the Texas A&M game as case in point. You can't tell me CU's geography doesn't have at least something to do with that.

You're way off here. CU is going to be fine because of its proximity to the Denver market. Look at the start time for the Texas A&M game as case in point. You can't tell me CU's geography doesn't have at least something to do with that.
What? I’m talking about Cu’s ability to move to a conference that doesn’t recruit Texas and California as heavily. CU would get absolutely destroyed trying to recruit Ohio and PA for example if the joined the BIG and recruiting FL, GA and LA isn’t sustainable. They are a program that needs to have consistent ties in their recruiting grounds. OU can recruit nationally with any program.

OU was a Big 8 power especially where more teams were cold weather states. They may or may not struggle at first but they will be one of those players in the B1G and even the SEC.
The Big 8 died 25 years ago. OU is unquestionably one of two big dogs in the B12. They would be just another school in the B1G, and an outlier school at that, especially if they made the move without UT. It would make more sense for them to be in the SEC. on that point, I’ll agree (assuming that was a point you were making).

The Big 8 died 25 years ago. OU is unquestionably one of two big dogs in the B12. They would be just another school in the B1G, and an outlier school at that, especially if they made the move without UT. It would make more sense for them to be in the SEC. on that point, I’ll agree (assuming that was a point you were making).
OU immediately becomes program 1b in the BIG right now

OU is not "just another school" in any conference they join. Full stop.
Why? Because history? What does that have to do with anything anymore? Because of the giant TV markets of Oklahoma City and Tulsa? Because they happen to be really good right now? OU is a fine school with a fine athletic department that is in exactly the right situation for them. Any modifications to that arrangement present a risk for a school in a small state. True, they’re right next to Texas, and there are definite benefits from that. But there’s no guarantee that would translate to any kind of advantage when they are in a conference run out of Indianapolis.

Im not saying they’d be Rutgers, but they wouldn’t be the top dog like they are now. There’s a big risk to them going to the B1G. I honestly don’t think we will ever see it. It’s more likely they would find a home in the SEC. But even there, they’re one of six big dogs.

Why? Because history? What does that have to do with anything anymore? Because of the giant TV markets of Oklahoma City and Tulsa? Because they happen to be really good right now? OU is a fine school with a fine athletic department that is in exactly the right situation for them. Any modifications to that arrangement present a risk for a school in a small state. True, they’re right next to Texas, and there are definite benefits from that. But there’s no guarantee that would translate to any kind of advantage when they are in a conference run out of Indianapolis.

Im not saying they’d be Rutgers, but they wouldn’t be the top dog like they are now. There’s a big risk to them going to the B1G. I honestly don’t think we will ever see it. It’s more likely they would find a home in the SEC. But even there, they’re one of six big dogs.

They are a top three program in any conference they join. Their location alone guarantees it. Oklahoma prep football is solid and the proximity to the DFW metroplex (a benefit for both recruiting and the TV market) does not disappear if they jump to any of the P5 conferences.

They are a top three program in any conference they join. Their location alone guarantees it. Oklahoma prep football is solid and the proximity to the DFW metroplex (a benefit for both recruiting and the TV market) does not disappear if they jump to any of the P5 conferences.
I think you and I are talking about different things. In terms of their ability to compete on the football field: yes- I agree that they’d be top three in any conference. In terms of their ability to shape and direct conference decision making, they’re just another school. I wasn’t referring to their on-field situation. I think the off field stuff is very important to them. They want to run things. They wouldn’t be running things in the B1G.

I think you and I are talking about different things. In terms of their ability to compete on the football field: yes- I agree that they’d be top three in any conference. In terms of their ability to shape and direct conference decision making, they’re just another school. I wasn’t referring to their on-field situation. I think the off field stuff is very important to them. They want to run things. They wouldn’t be running things in the B1G.

Nah, they are quite different from Texas in that regard.

What? I’m talking about Cu’s ability to move to a conference that doesn’t recruit Texas and California as heavily. CU would get absolutely destroyed trying to recruit Ohio and PA for example if the joined the BIG and recruiting FL, GA and LA isn’t sustainable. They are a program that needs to have consistent ties in their recruiting grounds. OU can recruit nationally with any program.

The Big 12's not going anywhere. They have a conference championship game and they have TV deals that are on par with the rest of the Power 5.

The Big 12's not going anywhere. They have a conference championship game and they have TV deals that are on par with the rest of the Power 5.
JFC, thanks for the info, ahole. If you're going to chime in on the conversation being had, speak to the conversation being had.

They're still not leaving.

Mizzou's preference was to join the B1G but got passed over for Nebraska. They headed to the SEC in that situation. I'm still under the assumption that Mizzou is still interested in the B1G especially if Kansas joins but the longer they stay in the SEC, they might just stay there.

JFC, thanks for the info, ahole. If you're going to chime in on the conversation being had, speak to the conversation being had.
" I think we have to wait on P12 plans. We're not in a position of strength, so the thing to do is see if the B1G goes to 16 & breaks the Big 12 before its media deal."
Buffnik on Monday

That conversation has been had in this thread among delusional ****s like you for the last few days. Read the damn thread, you little bitch.

" I think we have to wait on P12 plans. We're not in a position of strength, so the thing to do is see if the B1G goes to 16 & breaks the Big 12 before its media deal."
Buffnik on Monday

That conversation has been had in this thread among delusional ****s like you for the last few days. Read the damn thread, you little bitch.
1625087625852.gif

Buffnik on Monday

I responded about the state of a few programs and their ability to move to different conferences and why it would/wouldn’t hurt their recruiting efforts. You responded to it with something completely irrelevant and then resorted to “BiG 12 iSn’T gOiNg AnYwHeRe”. Cool story bro

I responded about the state of a few programs and their ability to move to different conferences and why it would/wouldn’t hurt their recruiting efforts. You responded to it with something completely irrelevant and then resorted to “BiG 12 iSn’T gOiNg AnYwHeRe”. Cool story bro

"I feel like the idea of CU changing conferences is more in line with the ****braska precedent. Nationally irrelevant, history of success a long time ago, needing to maintain affiliations with programs in Texas and CA to recruit those areas. The only conference CU might stand a chance to move to is the BIG as Colorado is a destination state for midwesterners in Wisconsin, Iowa, ****braska, Illinois, etc, although not so much in Ohio and PA where the majority of the talent resides."

You at 10am today. My favorite part is what I bolded, which makes me pointing out the Big 12 isn't going anywhere very relevant, Schmeckler.

"I feel like the idea of CU changing conferences is more in line with the ****braska precedent. Nationally irrelevant, history of success a long time ago, needing to maintain affiliations with programs in Texas and CA to recruit those areas. The only conference CU might stand a chance to move to is the BIG as Colorado is a destination state for midwesterners in Wisconsin, Iowa, ****braska, Illinois, etc, although not so much in Ohio and PA where the majority of the talent resides."

This was you at 10am today, ass-clown.
Ok? What’s your point?

Ok? What’s your point?

You don't think CU's recruiting (given how much this program recruits Texas) wouldn't be helped being back in the Big 12? Tell me why I shouldn't infer from what you wrote that you think the Big 12 is (somehow) still dead?

You're talking as if the Big 12 is going to dissolve. So is Nik. Its not happening.
Let me explain as it appears you continue to be slow.

Some are having discussions about hypothetical scenarios of a conference dissolving (hint: there are a lot of hypos thrown around on this board, thanks for keeping everyone in check, hero).

I simply responded to Not Sure about OUs ability to move conferences and remain a blue blood, and said the Nebraska precedent he brought up was more comparable to CU moving conferences, not OU.

You responded with some jibberish that neither addressed what I said or added to the conversation being had.

Take a lap

Let me explain as it appears you continue to be slow.

Some are having discussions about hypothetical scenarios of a conference dissolving (hint: there are a lot of hypos thrown around on this board, thanks for keeping everyone in check, hero).

I simply responded to Not Sure about OUs ability to move conferences and remain a blue blood, and said the ****braska precedent he brought up was more comparable to CU moving conferences, not OU.

You responded with some jibberish that neither addressed what I said or added to the conversation being had.

Take a lap

If a power 5 conference dissolves, its going to be this one. Not the Big 12. That's what you don't get.

Mizzou's preference was to join the B1G but got passed over for ****braska. They headed to the SEC in that situation. I'm still under the assumption that Mizzou is still interested in the B1G especially if Kansas joins but the longer they stay in the SEC, they might just stay there.
A lot of B1G folks think the huge mistake was taking Rutgers & Maryland instead of Kansas & Missouri.

Also, if the SEC expands I've read that a school they really want is TCU for the DFW market & recruiting grounds.

Back