What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

To sexy for Lincoln

Re: Too sexy for Lincoln

This pic is good! I just sent it to some of my (former) students who I have been out with on the town. None of them care for the Cornhuskers. That makes them honorary Buff men and women right there.

Anyway, I told them to please take me home if I ever look like I'm starting to get hammered like that.

:smile2:

Heh - the last time I was in New Orleans, I had a film camera with me and was taking pictures all over the place. I got home and developed the film and found this great picture of these three really hot chicks at a bar. They were smiling, waiving to the camera, posing - nothing lude, but certianly having a good time. My wife sees the picture and says "who's this?" I'm like "I have absolutely no recollection of taking that picture." :lol:

I've often said that New Orleans makes Las Vegas look like a church service. I still believe that. New Orleans is a wonderful place.

Last roll of film I brought home had nothing but boobs everywhere in the pictures. My buddies and I don't remember taking most of the pictures...

At the time I was storing things at my parents house since I travelled monday-through friday and it was saving me lots of cash in my first year out of college...anyway, my mom finds a used roll of film and turns it in with the rest of hers. She was kind of surprised...my dad loved it and proceeded to show them to my girlfriend at the time before I even had a chance to review them/knew the film had been developed. Thank goodness some of the acts I do remember were not captured or I would have been in BIG trouble...:cool:

Brenaska of old is NEVER going to happen again. They have gone by the wayside with the Iowas and Minnesotas of the world. They used to be pretty good programs, Minn even won a couple of MNCs. kNu will only occasionally get as good as Mizzou does now,
which isnt bad but certainly not the Corncobbers of old, the
children of the corn or any other program that doesnt produce a
large amount of quality students in-state and has very little to
offer a student-athlete by way of location, academics, environment,
and overall appeal will have a tough time competing with the "big"
programs; CU not being one of them, but CU will be able to compete
more so than the bugeaters because it CAN recruit in CA, TX, CO, and
then nationally. The current playing field is vastly different than
when the old fart TO coached, parity has increased, and the
corntrash will NEVER be able to match that. They will live out the
rest of years in mediocrity and CU will have greater appeal and
success in the coming years and well into the future.

Good god did you type this on an etch a sketch?!! So you are now saying that Nebraska can't recruit in CA and TX? Hmmm very interesting.....considering we have 4 from Texas and 3 from Cali. Which so far makes up 41% of this years recruiting class. Not to mention the 6 kids from Texas that we have visiting this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good god did you type this on an etch a sketch?!! So you are now saying that Nebraska can't recruit in CA and TX? Hmmm very interesting.....considering we have 4 from Texas and 3 from Cali. Which so far makes up 41% of this years recruiting class. Not to mention the 6 kids from Texas that we have visiting this weekend.

there is a big difference between battling UT, OU and USC for out of state recruits and battling Tulsa, TCU and SDSU for out of state recruits.

there is a big difference between battling UT, OU and USC for out of state recruits and battling Tulsa, TCU and SDSU for out of state recruits.

True but that wasn't his statement....Unless I missed a hidden message in that post of his! Hard to tell reading bullet statements! :wow:

BuffWings said, "They (Huskers) will live out the
success in the coming years and well into the future."

Well, at least the term "mediocrity" has made its way into the minds of some Colorado fans. :wink2:

Meanwhile, watch out, good people.

Watch out. :)

so much for the pat-on-the-back moment about not arguing with know-it-alls. compared to you, his post demonstrated a far better understanding of what is going on.

rut roh. blackshirts found another know-it-all.

True but that wasn't his statement....Unless I missed a hidden message in that post of his! Hard to tell reading bullet statements! :wow:

with you, even the simplest concept is not understood. i am done hoping you will "get it". THAT is something you struggle with on a variety of subjects. If I were you, I would find an alternate hobby. :thumbsup:

You guys have been saying that ever since the sky started falling in Lincoln 5 years ago. I'm done listening.

no doubt, right? :lol:

so much for the pat-on-the-back moment about not arguing with know-it-alls. compared to you, his post demonstrated a far better understanding of what is going on.

rut roh. blackshirts found another know-it-all.

with you, even the simplest concept is not understood. i am done hoping you will "get it". THAT is something you struggle with on a variety of subjects. If I were you, I would find an alternate hobby. :thumbsup:

no doubt, right? :lol:

"Queen of the Double Wide"....you flapping your gums again? :thumbsup: Once again I didn't dispute RuffBuff's statement although....he had better look again about who is also going after the Texas kids we are hosting this weekend....I am just sayin.........:smile2:

"Queen of the Double Wide"....you flapping your gums again? :thumbsup: Once again I didn't dispute RuffBuff's statement although....he had better look again about who is also going after the Texas kids we are hosting this weekend....I am just sayin.........:smile2:

dude of the busted down 22 foot travel trailer, you whacking again? there is not a smiley that displays the horror of that thought process.

if you did not dispute his post, why would you suggest it was penned in etch a sketch? as pointed out, his thought process is infinitely more lucid than virtually all of yours.

dude of the busted down 22 foot travel trailer, you whacking again? there is not a smiley that displays the horror of that thought process.

if you did not dispute his post, why would you suggest it was penned in etch a sketch? as pointed out, his thought process is infinitely more lucid than virtually all of yours.

OMG and you teach kids???!!! Go look ONCE AGAIN........ I wasn't disputing RuffBuff's statement and he wasn't the one that looked like he created his post on an etch a sketch. RuffBuff posted on the Nebraska recruits that were also being sought after by TCU, SDSU and such. It was....Ok....You ready......Pay real close attention now......It was buffwings statement that I was referring to when I originally posted on this topic. Here is a visual aid in case I lost ya, and from the looks of your past posts, it seems to be quite often. Sorry I couldn't write it in crayon so you could understand it a litte bit better, but I have faith in ya! :thumbsup:

Originally Posted by buffwings
Brenaska of old is NEVER going to happen again. They have gone by the wayside with the Iowas and Minnesotas of the world. They used to be pretty good programs, Minn even won a couple of MNCs. kNu will only occasionally get as good as Mizzou does now,
which isnt bad but certainly not the Corncobbers of old, the
children of the corn or any other program that doesnt produce a
large amount of quality students in-state and has very little to
offer a student-athlete by way of location, academics, environment,
and overall appeal will have a tough time competing with the "big"
programs; CU not being one of them, but CU will be able to compete
more so than the bugeaters because it CAN recruit in CA, TX, CO, and
then nationally. The current playing field is vastly different than
when the old fart TO coached, parity has increased, and the
corntrash will NEVER be able to match that. They will live out the
success in the coming years and well into the future.

Anyways remember....."Oh Queen of the Double Wide" Despite what your neighbors may tell ya in "mobilehoma"....vehicles that are on cinder blocks in your front yard are not considered land scaping! :thumbsup:

OMG and you teach kids???!!! Go look ONCE AGAIN........ I wasn't disputing RuffBuff's statement and he wasn't the one that looked like he created his post on an etch a sketch. RuffBuff posted on the Nebraska recruits that were also being sought after by TCU, SDSU and such. It was....Ok....You ready......Pay real close attention now......It was buffwings statement that I was referring to when I originally posted on this topic. Here is a visual aid in case I lost ya, and from the looks of your past posts, it seems to be quite often. Sorry I couldn't write it in crayon so you could understand it a litte bit better, but I have faith in ya! :thumbsup:

Anyways remember....."Oh Queen of the Double Wide" Despite what your neighbors may tell ya in "mobilehoma"....vehicles that are on cinder blocks in your front yard are not considered land scaping! :thumbsup:

oh goodness gracious, where to even begin with you? your posts are like a F5 powered elliptical pile of loose thoughts. here is a pocketful of change:

* i do not know whether you want a star or a chest to pin it on. i did not say that you were initially replying to ruffbuff. YOU said that, sugar. to be perfectly clear, both of those posters have a far more developed sense of reality in their postings than you do. clear nuff? all ruff did was add an assist to buffwings, as you seemed to be thumping your little chest over naught.
* i don't need your crayon drawings, thanks. to be able to do well in my classroom, you have to be able to handle multiple variables. that has shown to not be your forte. you may as well keep your contributions to the preschool level. it is the level you best contribute to. :thumbsup:
* i really am not aware of much advice concerning oklahoma at all, being as i have visited there a limited number of times. furthermore, if i was going to ask anyone for landscaping advice, it would not be someone from an area in texas that is so dry, things tend to not grow. landscaping brings forth ideas of greenery, at the minimum. every time i have been near west texas, it is brown. concrete blocks, are you freeking kidding me? i suspect you were dropped on your head as a young child.

Spider said: "Watch out."

You guys have been saying that ever since the sky started falling in Lincoln 5 years ago. I'm done listening.

Nah, you're not "done listening." :smile2:

If you were, my post would have not been relevant enough to quote. :lol:

giggle.gif

Anyway.. the Big 12 North is pretty much up for grabs.. Colorado has a great new coach, improving dramatically each year.. and Nebraska has a great new coach who just held the #1 team in the nation to a loss in the National Championship game.

I <i>very much</i> look forward to the NU/CU game this year here in Lincoln. :thumbsup:

Good luck!

They're not bullet statements dimwit.

the cornholers wont be bringing in elite recruits from CA, and TX anymore, when so many other schools in the Big XII have greater appeal.

Dude, you need a good dose of reality, least we forget you on a Buff site and not the other way around

They're not bullet statements dimwit.

the cornholers wont be bringing in elite recruits from CA, and TX anymore, when so many other schools in the Big XII have greater appeal.

Dude, you need a good dose of reality, least we forget you on a Buff site and not the other way around

There are so many things wrong with this statement. Seriously, stop.

There are so many things wrong with this statement. Seriously, stop.

dude.....the kids being recruited today were 7 years old the last time NU won a MNC.

they don't care about dr. tom....this is just reality. if bo can prove to be a good coach...and they start winning, things might change. but as of right now, other Big XII schools are just much more appealing.

dude.....the kids being recruited today were 7 years old the last time NU won a MNC.

they don't care about dr. tom....this is just reality. if bo can prove to be a good coach...and they start winning, things might change. but as of right now, other Big XII schools are just much more appealing.

That's not all true. Winning isn't the only thing that attracts recruits. Remember Clownahan's first season here? He went 5-6. That next year he put together a top 5 class. So again it's not always about winning. Give this coaching staff a full year to start some relationships with these kids and we will be all right next recruiting season. :thumbsup:

That's not all true. Winning isn't the only thing that attracts recruits. Remember Clownahan's first season here? He went 5-6. That next year he put together a top 5 class. So again it's not always about winning. Give this coaching staff a full year to start some relationships with these kids and we will be all right next recruiting season. :thumbsup:

You are right, of course. The last two seasons at CU are good examples (assuming this recruiting class is as good as it looks). We'll see what sort of classes Bo & Co can put together.

I'm just curious though. From what I understand, Clownahan was able to sell recruits on his NFL knowledge, new system, etc. Hawkins has been able to sell kids with PT and a strong sense of commitment on his part. What do you think Bo's selling point will be?

You are right, of course. The last two seasons at CU are good examples (assuming this recruiting class is as good as it looks). We'll see what sort of classes Bo & Co can put together.

I'm just curious though. From what I understand, Clownahan was able to sell recruits on his NFL knowledge, new system, etc. Hawkins has been able to sell kids with PT and a strong sense of commitment on his part. What do you think Bo's selling point will be?

Great Question. I think with Bo "watchya see is what ya get" so to speak. He's a blue collar kind of coach. He doesn't sugar coat anything and tells it like it is. One of the biggest things that I think the kids like is the fact that he is "approachable". He doesn't think he is better then anyone else. He doesn't have that arrogant factor. I think he truly cares for his players. Look at the LSU game. It wasn't the head coach who got the Gatorade shower, it was the Def Cord Bo Pelini. My dad thinks Bo reminds him of the way Bob Devaney was when he was first hired at Nebraska. This is where Callahan failed I think. Once he sold the kids on his NFL knowledge, he could not relate to the kids and coach them. Clownahan was a hell of a salesman but he couldn't deliver! Just my opinion of course.

Who said anything about Dr. Tom? The point of his post was that NU can't recruit in TX and CA. He's basing that on....what? To quote Mike Gundy "THAT AIN'T TRUE!" And yes, I will concede that Boulder has a nicer campus/area than Lincoln, so does Austin, but compared to the rest of the Big XII, I'd say Lincoln is no different than Manhatten, Ames, Columbia, Norman, etc. The only real difference here is that NU has a history of success that a lot of the rest of the big XII cannot claim. That's why it was a stupid statement.

Who said anything about Dr. Tom? The point of his post was that NU can't recruit in TX and CA. He's basing that on....what? To quote Mike Gundy "THAT AIN'T TRUE!" And yes, I will concede that Boulder has a nicer campus/area than Lincoln, so does Austin, but compared to the rest of the Big XII, I'd say Lincoln is no different than Manhatten, Ames, Columbia, Norman, etc. The only real difference here is that NU has a history of success that a lot of the rest of the big XII cannot claim. That's why it was a stupid statement.

your right it is no different than Manhattan, Ames or Lawrence, and thus kNu's recruiting in the future will be no different than the above mentioned schools. Parity, and the academic requirements of the Big XII will not allow the cornholers to return to days when ozzy osbourne was there, competiton is greater, cant load up on 460 schollies, recently KU and MU has proved it can be done elsewhere in the Big XII North. SO, with that being said kNu will NEVER return to days "of old", either the cornshuckers realize that or they live out their days dreaming about the past.:finger:

i just meant that everyone thinks since TO is back on board that things he will magically bring things back to championship form because he IS TO....

but the kids being recruited now, especially the out of state kids, were so young the last time he coached....making him more irrelevant that husker fans want to think, as far as recruiting is concerned.....

That's a lot of arrows and daggers flying around. The truth is kids go to schools for all kinds of reasons. Some because that's who mom and dad rooted for growing up, some because that's who they rooted for, some for academics, some for economics, some for social life, some just to get as far away from home as possible, some because an uncle or relative is close buy and they have a comfort zone.

Heck if it was based on scenery CU would have the top recruiting class every year. IMO with the scholarship limitations more kids quality players will continue to find their way to KU, AR, IL and yes even NU. On any given signing day the 5 stars can end up anywhere and on any given Saturday anybody can win. The point is that there are more good games on each weekend than ever before and college football is still the number one spectator sport for me. It's only getting better.

That's a lot of arrows and daggers flying around. The truth is kids go to schools for all kinds of reasons. Some because that's who mom and dad rooted for growing up, some because that's who they rooted for, some for academics, some for economics, some for social life, some just to get as far away from home as possible, some because an uncle or relative is close buy and they have a comfort zone.

Heck if it was based on scenery CU would have the top recruiting class every year. IMO with the scholarship limitations more kids quality players will continue to find their way to KU, AR, IL and yes even NU. On any given signing day the 5 stars can end up anywhere and on any given Saturday anybody can win. The point is that there are more good games on each weekend than ever before and college football is still the number one spectator sport for me. It's only getting better.

Great "voice of reason" post. :thumbsup:

Back