What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Today's conf slate (2/5)

Looks like KU is taking care of business at Nebraska (up 16 with under 4 to play).

Pac-10 can't afford for Washington to blow the game at Oregon tonight. Down 3 with 5:30 to play.

I don't see how Washington is on the correct side of the tourney bubble any more, either. That's a pretty weak 15-7 for them.

I don't see how Washington is on the correct side of the tourney bubble any more, either. That's a pretty weak 15-7 for them.

Because the NCAA isn't going to leave the Pac-10 as a 1 bid conference, and UW's 15-7 is pretty much as good as anybody aside from Zona in that league (UCLA is 16-7, but **** fUCLA)

Their RPI is pretty good but after losing 3 straight now they definitely sit in a precarious position.

How did UDub lose to Oregon State and Oregon in back to back games, yikes. The Beavs and Ducks are two really, really bad teams. Pac-10 is a total mess in bball right now...at least 'Zona has picked it up lately

There are going to be some questionable at-large bids for the 68 team field this year...the Pac10 and ACC are both complete messes, we're beating each other up badly in the Big XII, and the SEC sucks per usual

Last edited:
How did UDub lose to Oregon State and Oregon in back to back games, yikes. The Beavs and Ducks are two really, really bad teams. Pac-10 is a total mess in bball right now...at least 'Zona has picked it up lately

There are going to be some questionable at-large bids for the 68 team field this year...the Pac10 and ACC are both complete messes, we're beating each other up badly in the Big XII, and the SEC sucks per usual

I really wish we could have competed in the Pac-12 this year. I honestly believe this Buffs team would have been the #2 team in that conference, where it's going to be all out war to finish in the top half of the Big XII...

Harvard 15-4 (4-1) goes to Penn who is 3-0 in the Ivy tonight. With the Ivy League having no tournament, it would be bad news for Harvard to drop to 2 losses and Penn to stay undefeated. We need Harvard to make the Big Dance

I really wish we could have competed in the Pac-12 this year. I honestly believe this Buffs team would have been the #2 team in that conference, where it's going to be all out war to finish in the top half of the Big XII...

Given how bad the Pac is this year you'd think the Buffs could put up a ~ 11-7 or 12-6 record. Not sure what the outlook is for many of the teams for next season, but it's conceivable that CU could come in and compete right away, even with the expected heavy losses of production. Utah might make the league even worse for the immediate future, as they haven't exactly been successful over the past few seasons (I know they played in the NCAA championship in '98)

i keep waiting for Utah to fire Boylen. he sucks and he seems like a dick, too.

Utah won an NCAA game or two with Bogut in 05 or 06.

Given how bad the Pac is this year you'd think the Buffs could put up a ~ 11-7 or 12-6 record. Not sure what the outlook is for many of the teams for next season, but it's conceivable that CU could come in and compete right away, even with the expected heavy losses of production. Utah might make the league even worse for the immediate future, as they haven't exactly been successful over the past few seasons (I know they played in the NCAA championship in '98)

I almost put in a disclaimer that Utah might compete, then I looked up their record. Things have really gone to **** there, apparently... :huh:

And that's reflected when you look at the conference rankings with the SEC, ACC, and Pac-10 all ranked below the Mountain West depending on which rankings you look at. The big problem is their lack of elite teams, the ACC only has Duke, the SEC only has UK who is struggling in conference, and the Pac doesn't have one, while the MWC has 2 with BYU and SDSU.

Looking at the current AP rankings the ACC, SEC, and Pac combined only have 2 of the nation's top 19 teams.

Back