What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Toledo/Ohio State game thread

Man, how bad are we? I know it's ohio state but this makes me wonder what in the hell collins and bandison are doing on defense. Pressure works on the qb, imagine that. Their db's are right on their wr's.

Really starting to question the coaches insistence on the whole DE/LB hybrid role. Apart from Abraham Wright a few years ago, has it been that effective in creating pressure on the QB? Does not seem to have worked effectively on a consistent basis IMO.

I look at our depth on the DL right now and it is scary. Does not seem like it will get better either. I know we have problems getting JUCOs into school, but we really need to take the risk on a couple for this year's class. The coaches are preaching patience with the inexperience factor, and make no mistake it is a valid factor for the poor performance thus far, but I just do not get how the situation has gotten this bad. For a coaching staff that seems to heavily emphasize OL recruiting, it sure seems like the DL gets neglected more often than not.

So how bad are we? In the Hawk era every team we play is a MNC contender and looks like the #1 team in the nation.

I'm sorry but there are so many telling signs that point towards a much needed change. At the very least the DC and maybe others need to go to the unemployment line.

jahvid best better go to the draft, or we are fubar next year.

As much as people want to talk about patience and giving Hawk another year, I do not know how you can look at next year's schedule and feel like it is going to suddenly click. Road games at Cal, Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Nebraska with home games against Georgia and Texas Tech mixed in. Yikes.

Jeez. Just logged on. Is the score line of this game actually correct? Is Ohio state shutting out the same team that put up 54 on us?

Jeez. Just logged on. Is the score line of this game actually correct? Is Ohio state shutting out the same team that put up 54 on us?

yup. OSU watched the game film from last week and liked what CU did so much they copied it but just fixed a few small things and are up 31 zip.

yup. OSU watched the game film from last week and liked what CU did so much they copied it but just fixed a few small things and are up 31 zip.

Makes me hate Hawk even more. Our players cant be that bad. This is all on coaching. Toledo is not even a good football team and they mauled us. Absolute shame.

Really starting to question the coaches insistence on the whole DE/LB hybrid role. Apart from Abraham Wright a few years ago, has it been that effective in creating pressure on the QB? Does not seem to have worked effectively on a consistent basis IMO.

I look at our depth on the DL right now and it is scary. Does not seem like it will get better either. I know we have problems getting JUCOs into school, but we really need to take the risk on a couple for this year's class. The coaches are preaching patience with the inexperience factor, and make no mistake it is a valid factor for the poor performance thus far, but I just do not get how the situation has gotten this bad. For a coaching staff that seems to heavily emphasize OL recruiting, it sure seems like the DL gets neglected more often than not.

JUCOs inevitably don't have the right courses, have to take a bunch of classes to qualify, which means they don't join summer practice. And that means they don't play. I guess Mohler was the exception, last year. This is going to take a while to turn around...

I think its more of the coaches making bad recruiting evaluations more than a philosophy question. There's a lot more potential good DE/LB type players out there than the average DE that is 275 pounds and can rush the QB.

Agree that we need to go to the JUCO route and pick up our recruiting for D-lineman if we are going to get this program going again. I stated in a post earlier that this staff should shoot for 5 DL recruits every year and move extra DT's to the offensive line when they get here. I would make it a priority every year to recruit D-lineman. Games are won at the line of scrimmage. Until we can control that, we will never be a big time program again.

JUCOs inevitably don't have the right courses, have to take a bunch of classes to qualify, which means they don't join summer practice. And that means they don't play. I guess Mohler was the exception, last year. This is going to take a while to turn around...

Wright was a JUCO..

Back