What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tommy Tubberville?

Tubbs bleads Auburn, the problem was always the people who actually run Auburn, the old Jordan boosters. They never liked Tubbs even when he was hired and waited patiently on his first failure to get him out which took 10 years to happen. Tubbs is 54 and there is not any big SEC job opening up in the near future, I think that will play into his decision as well. The buyout money from Auburn was good, but you can tell from his work on ESPNU that he still has a fire for the game.

Recruiting would be interesting to watch, Tubbs is a good closer and he can assemble a good force of recruiters & coaches. The only drawback would be the lack of development of WR's and if he can recruit California.

I think he may be willing to take the challenge. He doesnt need to recruit Cali. He can give that to Hagan or someone else. The opportunity to coach again at a major program may too hard to pass up. He would have much more support and patience here than he had at Auburn. He wants to stay viable, i.e. if 3 yrs go by and you dont get a job then your value goes down significantly. He may not stay at CU for 10 yrs but he would be willing to stay in the game until he can get another SEC gig, so that may be 3-5yrs. There is no doubt aobut one thing, the man knows how to coach and would be a major improvement from HAck.

I think he may be willing to take the challenge. He doesnt need to recruit Cali. He can give that to Hagan or someone else. The opportunity to coach again at a major program may too hard to pass up. He would have much more support and patience here than he had at Auburn. He wants to stay viable, i.e. if 3 yrs go by and you dont get a job then your value goes down significantly. He may not stay at CU for 10 yrs but he would be willing to stay in the game until he can get another SEC gig, so that may be 3-5yrs. There is no doubt aobut one thing, the man knows how to coach and would be a major improvement from HAck.
Tubbs isnt going to get another SEC job, unless he wants a job at a school like Vanderbilt just to be back in the SEC.

I could foresee him sticking around at Colorado for about 6-8 years actually, elevating the program to a Bowl team again with maybe a trip to the Cotton Bowl in his 3rd year.

I think a guy like Tubbs is what the program needs rather than someone who is a young assistant, finds success here in about 3-4 years, steals our hearts, then takes a bigger job elsewhere.

I am almost 100% Tuberville will never be contacted/never be interested in the CU job if it comes open. CU knows he is a bad fit for Boulder and vice versa. But by all means, please keep bringing his name up in a "new" thread every single week.:thumbsup:

I agree, even if we begged him to come, I don't think he'd be interested. Trying to get him would be just like trying to get Fulmer in here. Just not going to happen imo.

So who should we expect to consider Colorado?

1. Assistants
2. People with regional and school connections including family who lives here, or past Buff players and assistants
3. Head coaches at non-BCS or FCS schools looking to make the jump

I'd love to see Tuberville here. Obviously knows how to win at the highest level. Neither Mac nor Barnett were necessarily 'Boulder' guys, but both were good football coaches who produced results here. Maybe 'Boulder' and the CU family could live up to their reputation for open-mindedness and embrace someone who's a little outside their 'box' for a change.

IMHO, anyone we bring in needs to have coordinator experience either with a program that has recent track record of playing in BCS bowls, or in the NFL. I'm tired of the lowered expectations bull****.

1. Assistants
2. People with regional and school connections including family who lives here, or past Buff players and assistants
3. Head coaches at non-BCS or FCS schools looking to make the jump

I agree with this. I'd like someone with Big XII ties, not necessarily Colorado. If you can't get the best out of Texas (cuz they're going to UT) then you can at least sell competing for bragging rights. Failing that, a really good coach who can recruit California. I don't think we will ever get a substantial number of kids out of SEC territory, no matter who we bring here.

He may have to waitt another year for it then, because I dont think Sherman gets fired this year.

He may have to waitt another year for it then, because I dont think Sherman gets fired this year.

Considering he already won 3, and with Baylor and... sigh... us remaining on the schedule, has a chance to better last year's win total.

That's not good in the sense that he's a good coach and A&M won't be much of a pushover anymore with him on the sidelines.

word is Tubberville is currently pining for the Texas A&M job if Sherman doesn't make it. we need Shanny.
Mike Shannahan in college?:huh:

I have a hard time believing we can outpay the Dallas Cowboys or Washington Redskins to hire him.

Back