What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Top 5 Quarterbacks Ever At C.U.

I'd swap Klatt for Anderson, but Buffnik is right - it's your list.

Voting Bush into office is more like a preseason All-American list; where you're voting who you will think will do the best job. The actual All-American list is based on their actual performance.

We'll be waiting to see some of the older guys in these lists - so far you've omitted some BIG names - Branch, Whizzer, Anderson, Pritchard (who's not even an old name in my opinion), etc. Hopefully the future lists are better, because even you've got to admit that there's some flaws - particularly the RB and WR lists. I don't mean to be giving you **** though - just commenting because for the hell of it.

Kordell choked the 93 game in Folsom no doubt, but I have a hard time saying he "choked" the 94 game when the game was basically over in the 1st half.. He played bad(just like the rest of the offense) but that doesn't mean he "choked"..
Choked may not be the correct term but being the greatest means you make plays in big time situations. He didn't do anything in that 94 game to turn the outcome for the buffs in any way. Hagan did.

That was a joke FYI.
I know.

This is probably the main reason why I know about Mr. Dowler.

Boyd Dowler's (Colorado) injury makes Max McGee's career -- We never would have heard about McGee's pre-game carousing before Super Bowl I if Dowler hadn't separated his shoulder early and left the game. McGee grabbed seven receptions for 138 yards and two touchdowns to lead the Packers to a 35-10 victory over Kansas City. Dowler didn't have a catch in the game.

Back up Anderson being on your list of 4. I'd love to hear the reasons why.

He's in the CF HOF. He was a complete QB who ran and threw equally well in an era where that wasn't done. Plus, he was tough as nails. He would thrive in todays spread offenses.

Are you like 70 years old? Who the hell as ever heard of that guy?

Well since he was a first team all conference QB at CU, I would think that list should include the guy running all over the interwebs touting "Best 5 ______ ALL TIME at CU poll at my website". If you want it to be "Best 5 ________ all time at CU that I've heard of", you should probably call it that...

Kordell choked the 93 game in Folsom no doubt, but I have a hard time saying he "choked" the 94 game when the game was basically over in the 1st half.. He played bad(just like the rest of the offense) but that doesn't mean he "choked"..

He had the same "deer in the headlights" look in his eyes in '94 that he had in '93. CU had the best team they ever had that year and blew their shot at #1 in that game. Even kNu fans thought CU would win that game. Kordell was a great player, but I saw that "look" three times in his career. The two games against the Fuskers and again when Pittsburgh played the Broncos in the AFC Championship game. His meltdown in the first half sent the Broncos to the Super Bowl. (Thank you for that, Kordell) Remember Romo mocking him by slapping his hand against his helmet after a stupid pick in the end zone.

Are you like 70 years old? Who the hell as ever heard of that guy? Call me young, but I've never even heard of him, and I know my football history.

:lol:

Yeah, uh sure you do.

It's okay to admit that maybe you've over looked some guys because you lack a sense of CU football history, pretty much anything before Slick Rick took over it appears. Instead of being so damn defensive about it, you should take what some really educated buff fans have to say to heart rather than being so dismissive. Your polls are more reminiscent of one of the poorly thought out espn polls that leads one to believe that sports did not exist prior to their network.

:lol:

Yeah, uh sure you do.

It's okay to admit that maybe you've over looked some guys because you lack a sense of CU football history, pretty much anything before Slick Rick took over it appears. Instead of being so damn defensive about it, you should take what some really educated buff fans have to say to heart rather than being so dismissive. Your polls are more reminiscent of one of the poorly thought out espn polls that leads one to believe that sports did not exist prior to their network.

Hey dumbass, he know's how to use Google. :nod:

Remember the Wyo game when Vogel was QB? Probably the worst performance I've ever seen at any level.

if i remember correctly, that is the only game that we (my family) left early in the nearly 40 years they have had season tickets.

the weather was absolute crap and CU was just getting punded by them. that was a sad day. i was a very young kid at that time but i remember my folks leaving the game that day as we were all stupid cold that day.

since then, we have never left a game early. sat through every last miserable moment since then and way too often in the last few years. :pissed:

He had the same "deer in the headlights" look in his eyes in '94 that he had in '93. CU had the best team they ever had that year and blew their shot at #1 in that game. Even kNu fans thought CU would win that game. Kordell was a great player, but I saw that "look" three times in his career. The two games against the Fuskers and again when Pittsburgh played the Broncos in the AFC Championship game. His meltdown in the first half sent the Broncos to the Super Bowl. (Thank you for that, Kordell) Remember Romo mocking him by slapping his hand against his helmet after a stupid pick in the end zone.

Nebraska won the 94 game in the trenches.. It had very little to with the so called "deer in the headlights" look of Kordell.. They were so much better than us up front..

It was probably CU's best team ever, but not good enough to win against that Nebraska team.

Steve Vogel. :thumbsup:

Remember the Wyo game when Vogel was QB? Probably the worst performance I've ever seen at any level.

if i remember correctly, that is the only game that we (my family) left early in the nearly 40 years they have had season tickets.

the weather was absolute crap and CU was just getting punded by them. that was a sad day. i was a very young kid at that time but i remember my folks leaving the game that day as we were all stupid cold that day.

since then, we have never left a game early. sat through every last miserable moment since then and way too often in the last few years. :pissed:

I don't know that much about Vogel. His stats seem legit, but we all know stats aren't a true measure of a QB. At least imo.

Who is Vogel comparable to now? Was he a total scrub? Bad team?

EDIT: He was during the Fairbanks era. So I answered my own question.

I don't know that much about Vogel. His stats seem legit, but we all know stats aren't a true measure of a QB. At least imo.

Who is Vogel comparable to now? Was he a total scrub? Bad team?

think early 80's... powder blue unis and fairbanks. that should answer your questions about him.

my nomination of him was mostly in jest.

think early 80's... powder blue unis and fairbanks. that should answer your questions about him.

:lol: I realized that soon after I typed that. He was a Colorado kid too. From the springs I think.

Thanks 4DB. :thumbsup:

Nebraska won the 94 game in the trenches.. It had very little to with the so called "deer in the headlights" look of Kordell.. They were so much better than us up front..

It was probably CU's best team ever, but not good enough to win against that Nebraska team.
That and the fact MAC tried to run the same running play over and over in that game.

Actually, his last three years were the first three years of McCartney. McCartney didn't run the wishbone until 85, which people forget sometimes. Vogel was a good quarterback, but he was usually playing from behind. Great passing stats, but few wins.

That and the fact MAC tried to run the same running play over and over in that game.

I can't blame him. They ran the same play against everyone else and was successful..

We got beat up front in that game.. It didn't matter what play we ran..

Without Charles Johnson, we don't score on 5th down at Mizzou, and therefore don't win the national championship (of which he was the MVP). Ergo, Charles Johnson!

Back