What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tory Miller injured - could be serious (i.e., season ender)

****. Show us what you got Dallas. Is Lucas back today?

Pretty sure if you've got your RS still, you can't get a medical. Anyone?

Pretty sure if you've got your RS still, you can't get a medical. Anyone?
He should qualify for a medical redshirt.

https://www.thoughtco.com/what-is-a-medical-redshirt-in-college-basketball-325775

"A medical redshirt is a student who misses an entire year of competition due to injury and is granted an extension of his or her athletic eligibility to replace the lost season.
In men's college basketball, a student who participates in less than 30 percent of his team's games may apply for medical redshirt status.
The term is derived from redshirt, the practice of sitting out a year by choice, usually to avoid wasting a year's eligibility on a season that would otherwise be spent on the bench. Redshirting is far more common in football than in basketball."

That ****ing sucks. The game today just got a lot harder. Along with the rest of the season.

Was looking for him in the CSU game and that really sucks for not only him but CU MBB.

Missing Tory is going to especially kill us in Pac12 play. At this point I think our best option is to let Dallas play a lot and work through the growing pains.

Missing Tory is going to especially kill us in Pac12 play. At this point I think our best option is to let Dallas play a lot and work through the growing pains.
I don’t think there is much of a choice. Maybe this bad luck will payoff in the long run.

Last edited:

Didn't see a lot of the game today but the parts I saw Walton looked very raw but like he has some good athletic abilities and he worked hard.

Walton needs to rebound like he's on a mission. His offensive game is fine for what we need. He looked OK, not great, on defense. He was absent on the boards.

This really sucks for Tory...I feel bad for him. However, selfishly, if he decides to return next season...this could be a blessing in disguise. We're not going to make serious noise this year, and I was worried about front court depth next year. If our freshmen make a jump next season, and we have Tory to help bang around inside, that could be a competitive team poised to make a run at an NCAA invite. All the best first and foremost to Tory and what he was planning to do post graduation.

Tory has no option but to return he's not Spencer. If he wants to prepare for the future there's not much choice. Best to the young man.

Tory has no option but to return he's not Spencer. If he wants to prepare for the future there's not much choice. Best to the young man.

Have no idea where Tory is academically but he isn't going to the NBA. Getting another year of school paid for isn't a bad deal

Tory absolutely has many options aside from returning. No, the NBA is not in his future, but he could go overseas, if he's academically graduated he can find a normal job, etc. I was not implying he would go to the NBA. I hope he returns, and think his services next year could have a huge impact. But...he does have a lot of options.

Tory absolutely has many options aside from returning. No, the NBA is not in his future, but he could go overseas, if he's academically graduated he can find a normal job, etc. I was not implying he would go to the NBA. I hope he returns, and think his services next year could have a huge impact. But...he does have a lot of options.
Maybe most of us can’t understand why anyone capable of playing college basketball at a high level would choose not to - (I certainly can’t imagine it) - but I suppose someone who’s finished a degree and expects their basketball career to end with their last college game, just might decide to skip a final year and move on with their life.

But I’ll bet he’s back.

Maybe most of us can’t understand why anyone capable of playing college basketball at a high level would choose not to - (I certainly can’t imagine it) - but I suppose someone who’s finished a degree and expects their basketball career to end with their last college game, just might decide to skip a final year and move on with their life.

But I’ll bet he’s back.

You're assuming that the NCAA will allow him to come back. Secondly, I could easily see a scenario where Tory says "You know what, why risk another injury? Why not strike now, get a decent gig in Europe somewhere and start getting paid for this". Especially if he's looking at possibly being a backup next year.

You're assuming that the NCAA will allow him to come back. Secondly, I could easily see a scenario where Tory says "You know what, why risk another injury? Why not strike now, get a decent gig in Europe somewhere and start getting paid for this". Especially if he's looking at possibly being a backup next year.
Yes I thought the injury redshirt was easy but maybe not.

I think he'd be crazy to give up the medical/rehabilitation he's going to get at CU for this injury and strike out on his own.

First battey, now miller. Two big men down for year, this sucks.

Yeah and Walton is a project and we're carrying Stratling who won't ever compete at this level. Probably need to send Stratling down to the College that took Guzo and bring in a mid-year transfer like Utah did last year with Cedric Barefield (SMU).

Siewert's gonna need some help down low. Barring a mid-year xfer I think the emergency plan would be to play Nicolic at the 5 when Siewert needs a blow. He seems bigger than the other wings and has a nose for the ball.

Miller isn’t good enough to play in any decent European leagues. I think you guys underestimate the quality of play over there. Josh Scott couldn’t cut it in Europe (played in Macedonia last year) and is now in Japan. Tory ain’t half the player Josh is.

Back