What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Transfer Portal is Open

This reminds me of Tad coaching squads in international tourneys. Take 10 guys you've never seen before, and work them into a team

So basically where we are now is that 25-50% of D1 players with eligibility remaining are going to transfer every year? I don't know what a healthy percentage would be, but I think that we need more continuity as fans if we're going to be able to emotionally invest in players like we always did.
Well thankfully all the guys with extra COVID years will be cycled through soon, so that'll cut down some of the transfers.

Not that I wouldn't welcome him with open arms, but don't we already have the same player in BD?
BD actually I'd say has shown more versatility and outside handle with the hopes of developing an outside shot and freak athleticism with rim rummer and shot blocker upside but is still raw there.

Baye is rim protector and rim runner.

Similar but slightly different!

With losing Joe, Eddie, Tristan and Luke, regardless I'd love to have another big either way and to have one with CO prep connection, that CU was in on and has a relative (I think cousin) on our roster is a plus.

BD actually I'd say has shown more versatility and outside handle with the hopes of developing an outside shot and freak athleticism with rim rummer and shot blocker upside but is still raw there.

With losing Joe, Eddie, Tristan and Luke, regardless I'd love to have another big either way and to have one with CO prep connection, that CU was in on and has a relative (I think cousin) on our roster is a plus.
We lost a lot of guys who played the 4 or 5, or at least guarded those positions pretty often. Eddie, Hurlburt, Tristan, Luke, Hadley. We definitely need to sign at least 1 transfer who is capable of playing post or at least handling a defensive switch onto a big guy.

We lost a lot of guys who played the 4 or 5, or at least guarded those positions pretty often. Eddie, Hurlburt, Tristan, Luke, Hadley. We definitely need to sign at least 1 transfer who is capable of playing post or at least handling a defensive switch onto a big guy.
A youthful front court of BD, Diop, Rancik and Fall would be absolutely...
jizz in my pants GIF

We recruited out of Utah in HS

Gotta be better than centers coming out of Wyoming.

Gotta admit, Sissoko got every chance at Michigan St & never developed beyond dunker & physical defender.

Baye Fall, on the other hand, was buried behind good front court players. Actually gained a little weight, up to at least 220, & has higher ceiling than rim-running/rim-protector/ubber-long defense. He showed good touch inside & good mechanics on occasional 3’s, but really hope he developed better back-to-basket moves vrs his more face-up game. Super high-motored too!

Love Tad saying in recent article that he’ll take best players & adjust play-style accordingly. Baylor’s Scott Drew showing elite adjustment to his players last 2years. TX Tech’s Grant McCaslin & (maybe) Tad right behind him as D-minded coaches, being forced to become more O-minded recently. Intriguing for future of BIG12 w/ O-minded Arizona, Utah, Arizona St joining Big12 too? Cincinnati & UCF surprised w/ tough D! I say only teams aligned to continue to develop elite D&O are Kansas, Arizona, Houston(more D obviously), Baylor(more O recently) & CU!?

I am curious to see what kind of role/skillset Diop develops. Any predictions/thoughts?

Think a better scoring Wesley Gordon.

Wes averaged 6 pts, 6 rebs, 1 block, and 1 assist per game as a redshirt freshman, though that was on a team without the front court talent we had this year. I'm worried about AD's offense as he didn't show a ton of natural ability during his playing time this year, but it was so limited – really hoping for a jump from him versus gradual growth

note: Wes basically averaged that same ppg and rpg number his entire career

Last edited:
Based on having a green light from behind the arc, I think we should expect that AD has the capability of being like Dallas or Evan on offense from outside to go along with the rim acrobatics.

Wes averaged 6 pts, 6 rebs, 1 block, and 1 assist per game as a redshirt freshman, though that was on a team without the front court talent we had this year. I'm worried about AD's offense as he didn't show a ton of natural ability during his playing time this year, but it was so limited – really hoping for a jump from him versus gradual growth

note: Wes basically averaged that same ppg and rpg number his entire career
Tad completely restricted Diop to a specific role with very limited minutes this year. Diop could've been/done much more, but who's role was he going to step into - TDS? Hadley? LOB? I fully expect him to really come into his own and really blossom next year.

Back