What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Twenty minutes with Hawk on Klaat and Krakman's show

Major will be a strong contender for a starting job at ILB in 2010. Mostly a special teams player this year.

There ya go, DL is definitely a bit more inexperienced. And holy crap, Conrad Obi getting a mention. That is nice to see.

That's one guy I'd love to see step up. I hope he doesn't end up like Mo Lucas. All the tools but little production at CU.

To be fair, I got in late on the interview, and Klatt was taling about Cabral. I assumed it was Mac because I've heard Mac believes the same thing.
So now whe are back to the same old Hawkins sunshine pumping. I know he's got to be positive, but saying things like "we are going to run the ball down peoples throat's" - just STFU - same for his tenure at Bosie State. Sorry, but all that stuff is really getting old - just win some ball games and everything will be fine. Don't get me wrong - I hope he has a great year, but talk the talk when you can walk the walk.

Last edited:
So now whe are back to the same old Hawkins sunshine pumping. I know he's got to be positive, but saying things like "we are going to run the ball down peoples throat's" - just STFU - same for his tenure at Bosie State. Sorry, but all that stuff is really getting old - just win some ball games and everything will be fine. Don't get me wrong - I hope he has a great year, but talk the talk when you can walk the walk.

I agree with an entire 77 buff post!:wow::lol::thumbsup:

Awesome transcript of the interview, rep.

Hawkins is always going to sound like he's pumping sunshine, because he's just a very positive guy who is constantly trying to motivate others and keep himself revved.

Good golly nothing would give me more pleasure that running the ball at will this (and future) season. I love it when people reference 2001 when talkinmg about this O-Line and running game - because we absolutely devasted the opposition on the ground that season (in most games).

:dito: :congrats:

Not the biggest Hawkins fan but I can't argue with anything he said. 8 wins and I will be ecstatic.

Easy, now. Have'nt you heard about the team's GPA?

yah if we get 8 wins not counting a bowl game, i will probably go into a catatonic shock. I never have seen the buffs win more than 6!

Just a thought but it's hard to win a college football game in June. I understand your bigger point but what, Hawk's suppossed to go into a hole until what, CU beats CSU? Finishes the season with a winning record?

Just a thought but it's hard to win a college football game in June. I understand your bigger point but what, Hawk's suppossed to go into a hole until what, CU beats CSU? Finishes the season with a winning record?

Yes. CU should go under a media blackout and stay that way until three-peating the mNC.

(Alternately, the "shut up and win" crowd might take a holiday from the local sports pages and message board....like that will ever happen.)

yah if we get 8 wins not counting a bowl game, i will probably go into a catatonic shock. I never have seen the buffs win more than 6!

Are you 5 years old?!!:wow:

2001 - 10W
2002 - 9 W
2004 - 7 W

I know it's been a while since the "glory years" but not that long.

Edit:
BTW, I had forgotten that in 2000 we went 3-8 and then turned it around in 2001 to go 10-2 and just miss the NC game. We did that with a back up juco QB no less. 10 wins next season is totally doable.

Last edited:
I said he's got to be positive, but saying we are going to run the ball down peoples throat's and talking about his success at Boise State is a whole different matter. Who cares about Bosie State, and wait until the running game gets going before you start to talk smack. I hope he wins so many games he goes off like a popgun, but save it until then.:thumbsup:

This was definitly a feel good interview. I am bringing my son up from Albuquerque for next weeks camp(I think I am more excited than him).

This is going to piss some people off, but I am tired of Hawk bring up what he did at Boise State. That was over three years ago.

Not pissed, but get over it. He was asked about the short week. Short weeks happened much more at Boise than we have seen here at CU. He answered that he has experience with it over the years and thinks they have a great formula for dealing with it. It is not like he says frequently " well, bakc when I was at boise". In fact, did he say it or was it in parenthesis noting that it was just implied??

How is he supposed to win ballgames in the offseason. Is he suppposed to just not talk about his excitement OR try to pump up the team in the offseason. Maybe he should just decline all interviews until after his next win....then people can complain about the coach not catering to the fans who need to know what is going on with the program.

How is he supposed to win ballgames in the offseason. Is he suppposed to just not talk about his excitement OR try to pump up the team in the offseason. Maybe he should just decline all interviews until after his next win....then people can complain about the coach not catering to the fans who need to know what is going on with the program.

Plus he's trying to recruit.

Not pissed, but get over it. He was asked about the short week. Short weeks happened much more at Boise than we have seen here at CU. He answered that he has experience with it over the years and thinks they have a great formula for dealing with it. It is not like he says frequently " well, bakc when I was at boise". In fact, did he say it or was it in parenthesis noting that it was just implied??

Hawk said he had success dealing with short weeks both at Boise and at CU (it wasn't implied). Mentioning Boise in this context doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

Back