What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tyson Summers - DC/Safeties for your Colorado Buffaloes

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member

"I wanted to learn the 3-4 and be in that Mel Tucker-Kirby Smart-Nick Saban system that has had the success it has had," said Summers, who earlier this week was named Colorado's defensive coordinator on Tucker's first staff in Boulder. "It's been really successful for them, and for me, it was a great way to get into the 3-4 world. We're going to be very similar here to what Georgia has been the last three years with Coach Tucker."

Summers wants to make sure that devotion and dedication to sound technique and fundamentals are a staple of Colorado's defense.

"No matter what kind of defense you run, it starts with being fundamentally sound," Summers said. "When you have great fundamentals and great technique, then you can always be attacking. We're going to be a team that is always attacking and one that is known for the effort we play with. When you do that, you create big plays. We want to create takeaways and not give up explosive plays."

Yes, it is cock gobbler. “"I wanted to learn the 3-4 and be in that Mel Tucker-Kirby Smart-Nick Saban system that has had the success it has had,"

He came from Georgia captain ****ing obvious.
That quote could have been his explanation for taking this current job - would make sense for a quote to explain why he took the CU job since, you know, this is a CU site.

You’re the only person on this web site that doesn’t know he came from Georgia than.
I know he came from Georgia but again on quickly reading the quote I assumed it was in response to being asked why he took the CU job (the one we care about). And I’ve already acknowledged my mistake but go on a keep being a douche, you’re great at it.

I know he came from Georgia but again on quickly reading the quote I assumed it was in response to being asked why he took the CU job (the one we care about). And I’ve already acknowledged my mistake but go on a keep being a douche, you’re great at it.

Thanks!

Preceding paragraph included for reference:

Thus, when Summers had the chance to join Kirby Smart's staff at Georgia prior to the 2018 season, he jumped at the opportunity, especially because it also involved working with then-Georgia defensive coordinator Mel Tucker.

"I wanted to learn the 3-4 and be in that Mel Tucker-Kirby Smart-Nick Saban system that has had the success it has had," said Summers, who earlier this week was named Colorado's defensive coordinator on Tucker's first staff in Boulder. "It's been really successful for them, and for me, it was a great way to get into the 3-4 world. We're going to be very similar here to what Georgia has been the last three years with Coach Tucker."

Smart, a former defensive coordinator for Saban at Alabama, and Tucker built a standout defense over the last two years in Georgia. As a defensive quality control coordinator, Summers had the opportunity to work closely with the defense and learn the intricacies of the 3-4 scheme.

By: Neill Woelk, Contributing Editor
Release: December 16, 2018

As CSU's defensive coordinator in 2015 under head coach Mike Bobo, Summers came out on the short end of a 27-24 Colorado win in overtime. The thing he remembers most from that game, he said, is that "we hit that quarterback (CU's Sefo Liufau) all night long and he kept getting up and making big plays on us."

Sefo's one of a kind, and a Buffalo for life!!!

Scheme(s)? It doesn’t matter, as long as we beat the Rams!! and go bowling

Welcome to Buffalo Country!!!

By: Neill Woelk, Contributing Editor
Release: December 16, 2018

As CSU's defensive coordinator in 2015 under head coach Mike Bobo, Summers came out on the short end of a 27-24 Colorado win in overtime. The thing he remembers most from that game, he said, is that "we hit that quarterback (CU's Sefo Liufau) all night long and he kept getting up and making big plays on us."

Sefo's one of a kind, and a Buffalo for life!!!

Scheme(s)? It doesn’t matter, as long as we beat the Rams!! and go bowling

Welcome to Buffalo Country!!!
On Sefo: absolutely an all-time Buff. Maybe the toughest QB I have ever seen.

But you value the CSU game much, much higher than I do. We're talking about one of the worst programs in D1 history. CU has won 75% of the games played in the series. Even the period of 2003-2018, which represents the worst period in CU football history, has seen CU win 12/16 -- 75%. So, yeah, we need to win, but mostly because it's the opener of the Mel Tucker era and the easiest game on the 2019 schedule. Momentum is important to start the season.

Back