What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

UC Irvine Lookalike & Game thread - MBB (Monday, 11/18, 7:00 PM MT)

I think Tad has found a team whose offense matches their defense. This team still misses a true number one on the offensive end, but they all seem to compliment each other well. McKinley Wright is such an all around great basketball player.

the team’s buy-in on the defensive end is the biggest and most welcome change from last year. That kind of effort will make a huge difference in conference on the road.

Can’t wait for the next game.

Son had parkour tonight, so I had to record the game for us to all watch together. Just saw the final buzzer... and I'm ****ing stoked! That was one hell of a basketball game our Buffs played tonight. Hell yeah!!!

Hell of a win. Best defense I think I’ve seen them play in a looong time. And we actually have offensive flow and structure!

I can’t believe how much the announcers (mostly Montgomery, UCI coach was his assistant way back) were begging for UCI to make a run, and nob slobbing how ****ing great they are and how it was uncharacteristic that they couldn’t control the low post, as if our guys had nothing to do with it. Complete joke.

Hell of a win. Best defense I think I’ve seen them play in a looong time. And we actually have offensive flow and structure!

I can’t believe how much the announcers (mostly Montgomery, UCI coach was his assistant way back) were begging for UCI to make a run, and nob slobbing how ****ing great they are and how it was uncharacteristic that they couldn’t control the low post, as if our guys had nothing to do with it. Complete joke.
I didn’t have any issues with the announcers. Even Goodman was tolerable. I thought they were pretty balanced.

I’d like to see more consistent offense. That’s my only complaint if you could call it that.

I’d like to see more consistent offense. That’s my only complaint if you could call it that.

Offense looks way improved over previous iterations of the basketball team. There's a confidence with the shot taking that just didn't seem to be there with previous versions of the team.

Pac 12 Net morning show: 15 minutes on ucla, 2 minutes on The Buffs. Maybe in another 10 years we will get respect

They're 55th in the nation in ORtg. They're averaging over a point per possession. Every team goes through dry spells. CU is going through dramatically less than they used to. They're averaging 17.7 ppg in the first quarter, 19.7 in the 2nd, 15.7 in the 3rd and 20.7 in the 4th. That's really consistent.

I like that last number, finishing strong is always good. Actually, the 2nd 10 and the last 10.

Gotta imagine some of that - especially the fourth - is padded by FTs.

FWIW - defensive numbers

1st - 17 ppg
2nd - 11.7 ppg
3rd - 18.3 ppg (largely padded by ASU. Without the Devils it's 12.5)
4th - 12 ppg

Gotta imagine some of that - especially the fourth - is padded by FTs.

FWIW - defensive numbers

1st - 17 ppg
2nd - 11.7 ppg
3rd - 18.3 ppg (largely padded by ASU. Without the Devils it's 12.5)
4th - 12 ppg
Oh yeah, sure free throws factor in. Like those D numbers too. 👍

They're 55th in the nation in ORtg. They're averaging over a point per possession. Every team goes through dry spells. CU is going through dramatically less than they used to. They're averaging 17.7 ppg in the first quarter, 19.7 in the 2nd, 15.7 in the 3rd and 20.7 in the 4th. That's really consistent.
I tried to qualify it with “...complaint, if you could call it that.” We aren’t seeing, so far, the lengthy cold spells we saw in the past. But against San Diego we shot around 30% in the first half and over 50% in the second. Against UCI it was just the opposite. So we shot 40% for both games. That is consistent I suppose. But in the last two games we’ve had two 30% halves and two 50% halves. That isn’t consistent and Tad said as much in his post game. But overall I’m ecstatic!

Next game is Sunday in LV against Wyo. Tad mentioned they were originally supposed to play Thursday night in LV, but said that team 'pulled out'. Was this a tournament at one point?. I was never much good at pulling out; how does a college do that?

Next game is Sunday in LV against Wyo. Tad mentioned they were originally supposed to play Thursday night in LV, but said that team 'pulled out'. Was this a tournament at one point?. I was never much good at pulling out; how does a college do that?
Sounded as if UT-Arlingon got a paycheck to get thumped by Gonzaga and took the money.

We were supposed to play UT Arlington Thursday at home before Vegas as an MGM Resorts Main Event "Campus Game" but they backed out to play Gonzaga instead in a Battle for Atlantis "Campus Game" tonight. I think there was more $$$ for UT Arlington in a game against the Zags vs Buffs. Boyle then applied for a waiver from NCAA to get a 31st game and added Iona to the schedule on Dec. 29. Vegas is still a 4 team tournament though. We'll play either TCU or Clemson in Vegas on Tuesday.

This is the deepest and most well rounded team Tad has ever had

Agreed. They made easy work of UC Irvine, who went 31-6 overall last season and made it into the round of 32 in the NCAA Tourney before losing to Oregon. Buffs are built for the long haul absent key injuries.

Agreed. They made easy work of UC Irvine, who went 31-6 overall last season and made it into the round of 32 in the NCAA Tourney before losing to Oregon. Buffs are built for the long haul absent key injuries.
Damnit, you could've left out that last sentence. ;)

Back