What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

UC Santa Barbara Fan Runs onto Court, Gets in the Face of Hawaii Coach Gib Arnold

Multi-Quote isn't working for me but I go along with FlaBuff, 85, and Slade.

The huge majority of the time this kind of thing is nothing other than an idiotic distraction but if it happens often enough eventually either the fan or a participant is going to get significantly hurt and then everyone is going to scream about why they let it happen.

The only way to prevent it is to make sure that fans don't get on the floor (and players aren't in the stands.) There is no reasonable way to completely prevent it but when it happens a slap on the wrist and telling them bad boy isn't going to do it. Expulsion from school, at least a week or two of jail time, some significant legal fees are all appropriate responses. If contact is made or threatened then the stakes get higher.

No matter what they do there will still eventually be the occasional fan who gets drunk and stupid and pushes the limits, even the death penalty wouldn't stop someone who is beyond thinking about consequences. What we can do is hopefully get people to think of the consequences ahead of time and stop themselves or others.

So you punish him for what he could have done? Let's put every guy in jail, they have the proper equipment for rape.
Where did I say that? You know at sporting events they advertise running on the field of play, they'll prosecute to the highest extent of the law? That's what I'm saying. You want to deter this kind of thing. The fact this was talked about so much on SC is exactly what they're trying to avoid.

Multi-Quote isn't working for me but I go along with FlaBuff, 85, and Slade.

The huge majority of the time this kind of thing is nothing other than an idiotic distraction but if it happens often enough eventually either the fan or a participant is going to get significantly hurt and then everyone is going to scream about why they let it happen.

The only way to prevent it is to make sure that fans don't get on the floor (and players aren't in the stands.) There is no reasonable way to completely prevent it but when it happens a slap on the wrist and telling them bad boy isn't going to do it. Expulsion from school, at least a week or two of jail time, some significant legal fees are all appropriate responses. If contact is made or threatened then the stakes get higher.

No matter what they do there will still eventually be the occasional fan who gets drunk and stupid and pushes the limits, even the death penalty wouldn't stop someone who is beyond thinking about consequences. What we can do is hopefully get people to think of the consequences ahead of time and stop themselves or others.
I know the cases are just attention seekers more times than not, you still want to avoid a Monica Seles situations and the one I listed. I'm well aware no amount of deterrence is going to stop this completely, you still want to limit it.

I know the cases are just attention seekers more times than not, you still want to avoid a Monica Seles situations and the one I listed. I'm well aware no amount of deterrence is going to stop this completely, you still want to limit it.

Less important than the chance of someone getting hurt but still important is the potential for something like this to have a significant impact on the outcome of a game. What happens when somebody runs on a court or field and throws a team or player far enough off that it changes a game. How much would it take for a fan to rattle a shooter enough to throw him off or to distract somebody from playing defense or to break a teams momentum.

Again biggest concern is someone getting hurt but how does it get handled if it changes the outcome of a game.

Where did I say that? You know at sporting events they advertise running on the field of play, they'll prosecute to the highest extent of the law? That's what I'm saying. You want to deter this kind of thing. The fact this was talked about so much on SC is exactly what they're trying to avoid.

You are just terrible at reading incomprehension.

Jailtime, expulsion? Give me a break, this kid just needs to be scared a bit and he won't do it again. It was an emotional reaction and he didn't really do anything. Make him go to the schools judicial review, give him 20 hours of community service and be done with it.

You are just terrible at reading incomprehension.
Thanks, you still haven't told me where I said we should punish him for what he could've done. Might want to look into your own reading comprehension here.

Less important than the chance of someone getting hurt but still important is the potential for something like this to have a significant impact on the outcome of a game. What happens when somebody runs on a court or field and throws a team or player far enough off that it changes a game. How much would it take for a fan to rattle a shooter enough to throw him off or to distract somebody from playing defense or to break a teams momentum.

Again biggest concern is someone getting hurt but how does it get handled if it changes the outcome of a game.
Happened in football with Brett Favre, I want to say in Cincy. Some guy just ran under center at the end of the game, I believe they gave the Packers one more possession.

At a Cavs game earlier this year, some fan ran onto the court.

Jailtime, expulsion? Give me a break, this kid just needs to be scared a bit and he won't do it again. It was an emotional reaction and he didn't really do anything. Make him go to the schools judicial review, give him 20 hours of community service and be done with it.
Because maybe you want to want to deter it from happening. If you can get on national TV and just get a slap of the wrist, it's encouraging it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, you still haven't told me where I said we should punish him for what he could've done. Might want to look into your own reading comprehension here.

So what is the appropriate punishment in your opinion. I read about 2% of the dumb**** you post here so not exactly sure what you said. I don't have a reading comprehension problem I have a read everything dumb ****s say problem.

Jailtime, expulsion? Give me a break, this kid just needs to be scared a bit and he won't do it again. It was an asshole drunken [strike]emotional[/strike] reaction and he didn't really do anything besides commit criminal trespass.

fify

Make him go to the schools judicial review, give him 20 hours of community service and be done with it.

Agree on the community service ... but that would likely be imposed by the court system on the trespass charge ... and make it 100 hours, and a year's probation.

And the school should make sure he has plenty of free time to fulfill that obligation by suspending him for a semester. I'm sure his parents will love paying for an unnecessary additional semester in order for him to graduate ... if they are anything more than incredibly indulgent parents, that will result in additional punishments and sanctions of their own.

So what is the appropriate punishment in your opinion. I read about 2% of the dumb**** you post here so not exactly sure what you said. I don't have a reading comprehension problem I have a read everything dumb ****s say problem.
Whatever the law says. And you accuse me of having a reading comprehension but you admit to reading 2% of what I wrote and put words into my mouth. Yeah ok, make up whatever excuse you want here.

Death penalty, IMO.
A public hanging?

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever the law says. And you accuse me of having a reading comprehension but you admit to reading 2% of what I wrote and put words into my mouth. Yeah ok, make up whatever excuse you want here.

I don't think you understand what reading comprehension means.

Back