What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

UCLA Game - What to Expect

CU staff has issued the edict wins are primarily a function of solid defense, and rebounding at both ends of the floor. I believe CU will play very hard win or lose tonight. This is likely a close game given the fans at the can, and substantial effort on the teams part. I believe the odds makers have this game about right. It is most likely a bucket either way.....

May CU come together in solid fashion tonight..... Good luck fellas!

Golden opportunity tonight to draw a line and show CU won't be falling apart. Lot on the line tonight. We can set the tone for this season. It's an enormous challenge, but take it as a blessing. We can prove a whole lot about what we're about.

While I fully agreed with you about the opportunity I cant see us getting it done.

While I fully agreed with you about the opportunity I cant see us getting it done.

I have my doubts as well, but want a chance to stop the bleeding? Here it is on a golden platter. Still like the pieces we have, it's about mental toughness as much as anything.

we are going to get smoked.

I think this is a tough matchup on paper, on a neutral court. But I am not yet convinced that UCLA can bring it on the road and play up to their abilities. If they do, we will get smoked.

Emotions and crowd will amp us up a bit and I expect an ugly game, but one that keeps it close. Probably the game we shouldn't be in so close to the injury and given UCLA's talent, but I expect our Defense will be inspired and we will get every loose ball, long rebound, and play at a nastiness level that UCLA won't want a part of.

"Emotion" and "crowd support" and "leadership" never made a jump shot. If we can't do that (and we haven't up to now), nothing else matters.

Hmm. I guess the 100 we put on Oregon was a mirage or something.

It was a complete mirage, have we come close since? And Oregon is terrible on defense, hence their 3-game skid. And one game means nothing anyway. We're 10th in FG% and 11th in 3pt% (that's with Spencer). Those are the numbers that matter. Gotta change or we're NIT bound.

It was a complete mirage, have we come close since? And Oregon is terrible on defense, hence their 3-game skid. And one game means nothing anyway. We're 10th in FG% and 11th in 3pt% (that's with Spencer). Those are the numbers that matter. Gotta change or we're NIT bound.
Couple reasons why you don't see us scoring 100 points...

1. Scoring 100 points as it is in college outside of OT, and even OT can be pushing it, is a big challenge. I don't have any numbers but I bet the number of 100 point games by one team in college basketball is pretty low

2. Oregon is one of the few times we've been able to run this season (78 possessions). Guess what? Against Jackson State there was 76 possessions, we scored 94 points. Against Arkansas St. there was 76 possessions, we scored 93. Most teams try to slow us down, especially on our court (only 61 possessions in the Oregon State game, only 62 possessions in the Wyoming game, etc.) which means that we are going to score less points.

If you don't think that home crowd noise creates an advantage for the home team you're fooling yourself. Nick Johnson said at the PAC 12 media day that The Keg is the toughest place to play in the West. The crowd can help a team pick up the intensity and the noise can affect the opponents teams shooting. Basketball game is a mental game as well and the crowd plays a role in the mental part of the game.

Couple reasons why you don't see us scoring 100 points...

1. Scoring 100 points as it is in college outside of OT, and even OT can be pushing it, is a big challenge. I don't have any numbers but I bet the number of 100 point games by one team in college basketball is pretty low

2. Oregon is one of the few times we've been able to run this season (78 possessions). Guess what? Against Jackson State there was 76 possessions, we scored 94 points. Against Arkansas St. there was 76 possessions, we scored 93. Most teams try to slow us down, especially on our court (only 61 possessions in the Oregon State game, only 62 possessions in the Wyoming game, etc.) which means that we are going to score less points.

If you don't think that home crowd noise creates an advantage for the home team you're fooling yourself. Nick Johnson said at the PAC 12 media day that The Keg is the toughest place to play in the West. The crowd can help a team pick up the intensity and the noise can affect the opponents teams shooting. Basketball game is a mental game as well and the crowd plays a role in the mental part of the game.

All great points. Agreed, we need to run. And The Keg is absolutely a huge factor. So superior defense allows us to run in transition. And is there any bigger thing to get a crowd going than a deep 3? (OK, maybe a dunk).

Back