What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Underclassmen declaring for NBA Draft

SDSU F Kawhi Leonard and KU G Josh Selby have both declared for the draft. Leonard has a good chance of being a lottery pick, not sure about Selby but I wasin't very impressed by his play this year.

Likely top-5 pick Harrison Barnes is going back to UNC, WSU's Klay Thompson has entered the draft and will probably go in the mid/late first round.

Kansas not looking too good for next year

Moringstar, Reed, Little graduate
Both Morris brothers declare for the draft
Selby declares
Royce Woolridge is transferring
Thomas Robinson just got charged with battery after a fight at a night club last night

Not looking too good for those choke artists next year.

Nice work, Nik.

Alec's competition includes 15 underclass guards, of which 6 have hired agents, any seniors (considered draftable), and guards from foreign countries. If all the underclass guards were drafted, that would equal about 1/4 of the entire (2 round) draft.

Of course, a lot can happen between now and the "drop-dead" date.

I'm too young to know, but are you sure about this? To me, Ewing appeared to have been THE guy in college, and if he came out early in the 84 draft, he would've challenged Hakeem for the top spot. I'm not sure Jordan would have swayed his thoughts on the draft...I think he stayed in college due to his relationship with Thompson and the potential great team he was going to have in '85.

i'm also not sure about this (Ewing and Tisdale). I don't think Tisdale was a #1 pick in either draft (the guy was really about 6' 7" and had a baseline jumper game...the NBA game doesn't have that position), but i know from talking to my step-dad (big OU hoops guy) that they were really hoping Tisdale would come back for his 4th year. i remember that too being here. and Sam Bowie was picked ahead of Jordan. not like MJ was the consensus #1, at least based in picks as made.

Ewing was the guy. he was dominant...

i'm also not sure about this (Ewing and Tisdale). I don't think Tisdale was a #1 pick in either draft (the guy was really about 6' 7" and had a baseline jumper game...the NBA game doesn't have that position), but i know from talking to my step-dad (big OU hoops guy) that they were really hoping Tisdale would come back for his 4th year. i remember that too being here. and Sam Bowie was picked ahead of Jordan. not like MJ was the consensus #1, at least based in picks as made.

Ewing was the guy. he was dominant...

iirc, the radio mouths confirmed the Tisdale-Ewing-MJ phone call when they spoke with Billy Tubbs. And inre Bowie -- that was my point. The nba'ers in power we're absolutely gaga about Bowie. I think it was a foregone conclusion that whoever had the #1 pick that year, was gonna pick Big Sam.

There's some serious irony in these events.

Brandon Knight, Terence Jones and DeAndre Liggins of Kentucky all declared but have not hired agents

At the same time, Bobby Knight just said that none of the Kentucky players went to class the past 5 years and don't have high school diplomas

Last edited:
iirc, the radio mouths confirmed the Tisdale-Ewing-MJ phone call when they spoke with Billy Tubbs. And inre Bowie -- that was my point. The nba'ers in power we're absolutely gaga about Bowie. I think it was a foregone conclusion that whoever had the #1 pick that year, was gonna pick Big Sam.

There's some serious irony in these events.

The first pick in that draft was Olajuwon. All time great player, but Houston still passed on Jordan. Bowie went two. Then MJ at 3.

Brandon Knight, Terence Jones and DeAndre Liggins of Kentucky all declared but have not hired agents

At the same time, Bobby Knight just said that none of the Kentucky players went to class the past 5 years and don't have high school diplomas

Thanks. Added.

And :lol: at the Bobby Knight thing. He had to apologize, but we all know he's right. He's hated Kentucky since his Indiana days. That was too funny.

Thanks. Added.

And :lol: at the Bobby Knight thing. He had to apologize, but we all know he's right. He's hated Kentucky since his Indiana days. That was too funny.

So they passed their classes, and were on the honor roll. Never did they say they actually attended their classes. Let's be realistic, athelites dont go to kentucky for their academics, its more their lack of academics.

Jordan Hamilton, Tristan Thompson, and Cory Joseph all declared for the draft today. Big hit to Texas. Hamilton and Thompson will likely go in the 10-15 range. Not sure about Joseph.

Jordan Hamilton, Tristan Thompson, and Cory Joseph all declared for the draft today. Big hit to Texas. Hamilton and Thompson will likely go in the 10-15 range. Not sure about Joseph.

I just hope Daniels isn't still thinking about a re-commitment to Texas.

Other then being on his "list", is there any reason to believe that we have a realistic chance of getting him? It's not like he has a visit scheduled.

He took an unofficial and really liked it. CU appearing on his list was new.

That's very good news. When did that happen?

The unofficial was for the last NIT home game when the Keg was nuts.

The new info published on 4-13 on Rivals: http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1214197'

So now Daniels will decide between Kansas, Texas, Duke, Florida, San Diego State and Colorado.

He went on to say the following:

"Style of play is important to me," commented Daniels. "I want to play right away, and I want to play for a coach who is going to make me better both on and off the court."

Sounds to me like we at least fit his criteria. Against my better judgment, hope is creeping in.

Today was the last day that players could withdraw.

We'll be able to do a lot of updates tomorrow. ESPN did report tonight that Shelvin Mack is definitely leaving Butler.

Terrence Jones, F - Kentucky decided to return to school.

Reggie Jackson, G - Boston College decided to remain in the draft. (Good luck to a Colorado guy.)

Tobias Harris, F - Tennessee decided to remain in the draft.

Darius Morris, G - Michigan decided to remain in the draft.

Brandon Knight, G - Kentucky decided to remain in the draft.

John Shurna, F - Northwestern decided to return to school.

Reggie Johnson, C - Miami (FL) decided to return to school.

Tu Holloway, F - Xavier decided to return to school.

Ashton Gibbs, G - Pittsburgh decided to return to school.

Jeremy Green, G - Stanford decided to remain in the draft.

Laurence Bowers, F - Missouri decided to return to school.

Kim English, G - Missouri decided to return to school.

I'll look up more later.

DeAndre Liggins, G - Kentucky decided to remain in the draft.

Troy Gillenwater, F - New Mexico State decided to remain in the draft.

Scotty Hopson, G - Tennessee decided to remain in the draft.

Cory Joseph, G - Texas decided to remain in the draft.

Tristan Thompson, F - Texas decided to remain in the draft.

Carleton Scott, F - Notre Dame decided to remain in the draft.

Iman Shumpert, G - Georgia Tech decided to remain in the draft.

Jordan Williams, F - Maryland decided to remain in the draft.

Isaiah Thomas, G - Washington decided to remain in the draft.

Klay Thompson, G - Washington State decided to remain in the draft.

Terrence Jennings, F - Louisville decided to remain in the draft.

Back